Rainy Days

My First Love is You
(in year six)
It didn't seem long till I was in year six. I had grown maturer, and I had performed increasingly well in school too. That was why they moved me into the top class. Youngmi was also moved up to this class with me, and we managed to make many friends. Everyone seemed so... perfect for me in that instant. My classmates were friendly, and my teacher had taught our class so well... Everything seemed quite perfect, and I finally felt like I fitted in, but something was going to ruin it. Something that had seperated Sungjae and I since year four had come to seperate me and my perfect life at this school.
My parents had seen all my accomplishments at school, and had pleaded the principal and teachers to let me take this test. This test that would 'help my future'. I always used to think to myself, "What is a good future without friends and love? Am I just going to live my life changing from schools to other schools, just because of that one excuse - my future?"
I knew they only meant the best for me, but sometimes my parents thought too ahead of what I was back then.
My parents had insisted that I take the practice tests at a coaching college; just so that I can get the hang of it. On that particular day in that year, I had been going to this college to take my real test, and I met many of my old friends on the way. "Minyoung ah!" one called out to me.
"Hi Heejin!" I shouted back at him, but my mother quickly called me back, so I had not been able to talk to him. I looked back at him, and at many friends from back in year four, and sighed. "They've all grown up so much," I thought. I dropped any distracting thoughts from my mind, and stepped into the hall to take my test.
The test was harder than I expected, and I was certain than I had not done well. Even though I had originally not wanted to take this test, I still wanted to do well to show my parents that I was fine without changing schools. It was pouring when I stepped out of the hall. The drops of rain splattered onto the ground furiously, and I could do nothing but wait for it to stop. I still remember how frustrated I was that day. The more impatient I became, the harder the rain fell. I searched through my bag for a non existent phone, and sighed. "Even the sky is not happy with me."
I looked up at the sky once more, and decided that I should probably head home. I ran home with my head facing the ground, so that I would not get wet from the rain. As I ran quickly down the footpath, I bumped into a figure walking by. "Hey!" he shouted, seemingly angry. I continued running, even though he shouted, and arrived home shortly after. My parents had figured that I was wet because of the rain, and prepared a hot bath for me, to prevent a cold from coming. As I was lying in the bathtub, I started to think about the person I had bumped into. "Hey!" his voice kept ringing inside of my head, and I just could not block it out. Did he shout at me out of anger, or did he..... call for me?
 
(term three of year six)
I walked into my classroom one day in term three and found my group of friends rushing towards me. "Whoa, what happened?" I asked all of them, sounding a bit confronted. "The test results are out, phone your mum and tell her to check your results!" some of them said.
"I only got into Pyeongin High School!" another exclaimed.
"Hurry!" Youngmi sounded excited. Maybe she had gotten into a really good school.
I flipped out my phone and called my mother. When she picked up, I started to speak urgently too. Maybe because my friends were all like that to me.
"Mum! The results are out! Check them!"
When she finally loaded the email, and downloaded the email attachment, she read my results out. "Minyoung Lee has been accepted into.... Hanrim Girls High School?!?"
We both screamed. That was the best girls only school in the state, and I actually got into it. After I composed myself, I stared back at the classroom I made so many wonderful memories in, and laughed. "Maybe taking the test wasn't such a bad choice," I thought. "It would be hard leaving all these things behind, but... what could be as hard as leaving Sungjae?"
I smiled again, and stepped into the classroom for another day of school.

--------------------------------------------
Hi guys! this chapter was longer than I expected, but I'm really sorry if it became boring:(
I had to fill some details in to prepare for whatever was coming next, so bear with me!
Thank you everyone for all the support, and continue reading! ^^
(btw i think this story will go up to around 10-15 chapters)