Missing You

My First Love is You
It was christmas time. The joyous celebrations and family feasts that christmas brought was unresistable, but no one would have imagined that it could turn into a sad time. For the first time in my life in year four, I had a grim christmas. One that I didn't look forward to, because I was to leave Sungjae. And he was going to leave me too.
Thinking back about it, our parents decisions weren't too bad. I had been transferred to a private school in hope of furthering my education, and he had been sent to a special school in order to improve his already-intelligent self. We were heading down the path that would lead us to success in life, but who really cared about success in year four? All that mattered was that we were in a comfortable state, living every minute happily.
The usual farewell assembly bell that rung at 2:10pm on every second friday of every December of every year had rung 5 minutes late that day. While lining up for pre-assembly role marking, I had bumped into Sungjae. He looked excited, although I really did not know why. Why would he be happy on that day out of all days, when he clearly knew that he wouldn't see me ever again? I stared at him with slight annoyance, but eyed him closely, just to make sure I remember his face when I leave the school. Tick, tick. I looked at the big clock situated at the top of the wall, and made a mental note to remember it too. I had spent my last 4 years with it after all.
 
We sat down onto the floor of the hall, and the principal started to address the school, introducing all the year six students that were moving onto high school next year. How ironic was it that out of all farewell assemblies, I had to fall asleep in this one? I had promised myself not to as well. I dozed off into a deep dream, and my head fell onto Sungjae's shoulder. He did not wake me, and he was in my mind for my whole sleep.

"Sungjae!" I had dreamt myself shouting across to him at the other side of the courtyard. "Why'd you have to leave? I wouldn't have anyone to hang around during music classes anymore..." I had not told him that I was leaving for another school, just like him.
He smiled, and said "I'm sure you'll find someone. You can make more friends, but of course, you can't forget me."
He was smiling, but he looked somehow disappointed. "Here's your Christmas card. I wish you all the best this Christmas!" Sungjae handed me the small envelope, and ran off.

I woke up to find that my head was resting on Sungjae's shoulder. I immediately jumped up, and that happened to cause him to jump up too. I looked around to see everyone gone. "Hey Sungjae, what did I miss?"
"Not much. Just the whole farewell assembly." I laughed at his sarcasm.
"Then what are we missing right now?"
He stopped at my sudden question. "I'm missing you."
My heart froze, as that phrase sinked into my brain. I can still hear him clearly in my head after all these years, saying that phrase.
He handed me a card. "A christmas gift," he pointed at the card, "To remember me by."
He ran off, just like he did in my dream, and I stared as he disappeared through the school gates. "Sungjae..." I thought, "Is this the last time I'll ever see you?"
I opened the envelope carefully, although I still managed to rip it. I flipped the card open, and stared through the words that he pressed so gently onto the card.

To Minyoung,
I hope you'll meet good friends at your new school, but never forget me.
Have a lovely christmas, and I'll hope to see you... soon very soon.
P.S. You can hide yourself from anyone, but I can see through you. So don't try to lie to me.

From Sungjae

 
I ran my fingertips along the words 'very soon', and my heart fell. What did he mean by "don't try to lie to me"? Could he see through everything I had felt? Sungjae had realised the thing I had tried to keep from him; that I was also moving to another school. And he told me not to forget him.... could I ever?
Sungjae had always been so close to me, but at this instant, he felt so far. When would I ever be able to meet him again?
I sighed. I closed the card, as a single tear rolled down my face. I looked around the school; I was going to miss it, and I was going to miss Sungjae too.
--------------
thanks to anyone who has ever read this!
you may think this has ended, but the love story continues!
i hope many of you will continue reading this, and i'm really sorry if
I have any grammar mistakes or anything else.
please comment if you feel any way about this story, and i hope to see
more readers soon! again, thank you everyone! ^^
and everyone, let's continue supporting btob! Melody~