Anticipation

My First Love is You

Two terms had already gone by, and life seemed quite normal. Sometimes, I still thought about Sungjae, and looked back on the times we had together, but I had not seen him for so long already, and nothing seemed to be going well. Because I had been shy all that time, I had never approached him face to face to have a real conversation. It was like I knew him so well... but yet, I didn't know him at all. I still had feelings for him though (or so I thought), so I never failed to chat to my friend about Sungjae and I.

"I can't take it anymore!" Heejin whispered furiously at me, "What's the point of you thinking about him all day, but not doing anything!"
I didn't blame her for being angry with me once in a while, because back then, I was angry at myself. I would plan for all these scenarios where I would calmly approach Sungjae and just start a conversation like friends, but whenever I saw him, I couldn't get myself to shout out his name, or to move to him. That particular night when I had gone out to celebrate my cousin's birthday, Heejin decided to plot something behind my back. It was only till the next day I saw her that I actually realised what she had done.
"Why weren't you on chat yesterday?" she spoke urgently to me, "Sungjae and I were waiting for you on chat!"
"WHAT?" I choked on the water I was drinking, and then cleared my throat, "Did I just hear you say that Sungjae was waiting for me on chat?"
"Well, not exactly. You see, I told him that you like him yesterday."
I still remember the first thought that ran in my head at that instant. All I could think of was doom.
"Oh my gosh, why'd you tell him for! The next time I see him, it'd be so awkward!" I scolded Heejin.
She complained that all I thought about was how awkward I was going to be. "Why don't you think about it on the good side? Now that he knows, he might approach you personally without you having to approach him!"

Of course, I was convinced at the end that I really was going to be approached by him and that we would become like friends again. After I read the whole chat conversation that Sungjae and Heejin had on the day I was away for my cousin's birthday, I wasn't too sure anymore. Couldn't he have reacted any other way than to say "Is it even possible to like someone for so long?"?
Although it hurt me slightly, I still anticipated everyday for a time where he would approach me and say hi, and then we would be able to become friends again, and maybe develop into something more. My cousin once told me never to anticipate highly of anything, because the more you anticipated of something, the bigger the disappointment would be if it didn't turn out that way.

At the tender age of 12, did I follow my cousin's wise words? No.
In the end, was I disappointed? Yes.

------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry if this wasn't a good chapter! >_< bear with me, i had been a bit busy this week, but i vowed to myself
that I would update by the weekend, and I would be away tomorrow... so yeah.
This is an extremely short chapter, but I hope to make it up to all of you with a better/more exciting/surprising chapter maybe
on the weekend or by mid next week! hope you still support my story^^

BY THE WAY I REALLY LOVE Na yoon kwon's I'm Waiting; if anyone finds the lyrics, I think it expresses me quite well, so yeah! xD
Oh, and if anyone finds the translation for it, send it to me please! haha