Conflicts

Symmetrical Love Story

 

"Now," Dongwook said, sitting backwards on his chair as always, "What the hell is going on here?"

"Dongwook," Hanbyul cried, "Be a little more sensitive." Turning to face the students, she thought for a moment, trying to find the words to say.

"….What the hell is going on here?" She blurted. Dara sighed.

"Jiyong cheated on me, we fought, I left. That's all," she said, before Sohee could interrupt. When the other girl went to counteract what she'd said, however, Hanbyul clapped her hand over .

"Let her finish," their teacher said.

"I went to Seunghyun's place, then Jiyong came looking for me, and we fought again. I told him I hate him, and I can't work with him."

Dongwook listened carefully, thinking about the situation for a moment. Before either Jiyong or Dara could move, he threw his hands out, smacking them both in the head simultaneously.

"Ow!" the pair cried in unison. Dongwook smiled.

"Now, you're both being stupid. I knew becoming a couple wouldn't be good for you, partnership-wise." He stated, swivelling in his chair.

"Then.." Jiyong began, confused. Sohee snorted.

"Why did you let them get together in the first place, then?" the brunette asked.

Dongwook contemplated for a moment, and Hanbyul laughed slightly, anticipating his answer. "Well, they wouldn't have listened to me if I had. This was one of those lessons they had to learn through experience."

Dara stuttered, upset, "So t-that was just a test? Nothing to you b-but a test?"

"No, Dara," Hanbyul said gently, "He's saying that he knew you wouldn't last but that he couldn't have stopped you from dating."

"However," Dongwook interrupted, "You two need to remain partners. The balance of your Jiyongs- Dara's determined, yet studious-"

"Boring," muttered Sohee. Seunghyun glared at her, hugging his girlfriend to him even more tightly.

"-Jiyong, and Jiyong's rebellious and stubborn-"

"stupid," Seunghyun supplied, and this time it was Sohee's turn to scowl at the Shinigami.

"Will you two shut up? Dara and Jiyong, are a perfect match. Keep your love lives out of it, and you'll be fine as partners." Dongwook finished. With that, he wheeled himself out of the hallway and back into the classroom. Hanbyul stayed.

"I don't care what Professor Dongwook said. Stay away from Jiyong," Sohee hissed at Dara. She opened to retaliate, but Jiyong interrupted.

"Hang on- I know I screwed up, but I'm willing to work with Dara if I need to, okay?" He said, smiling a little at Dara. She glared straight back.

"I have completely lost trust in you, Jiyong, hope you're happy. But if I have to do this, I will." She snarled, before turning and grabbing Seunghyun's hand, running back down the hallway.

She took him around the corner and sat against the wall. He slid down the wall next to her, and she leaned her head on his shoulder while his arm wrapped protectively around her waist again.

"I hate him, Seunghyun. I don't know if I can work with him," Dara said to her boyfriend. He hugged her tightly, before answering.

"I know, I want to rearrange his face." He supplied. It wasn't a lie- that bastard had hurt his Dara.

"I want to rearrange his balls so he can't ever sleep with anyone again." She snapped, with more menace than she had intended.

He laughed slightly, pulling her into his lap and cradling her. Usually she'd be annoyed with such a protective gesture, but today she found it soothing. He played with some of her hair that had fallen out of her usually-neat ponytails.

"My, my, what's this? Tabi-kun, are you skipping your first lesson of the year?" A voice called from down the hallway. Shinigami-sama appeared, hopping down the hallway like his usual, exuberant self. The fact that his son was skipping class didn't seem to bother him in the slightest.

"Eh?" Dara said, leaping up out of Seunghyun's lap. Shinigami-sama simply laughed.

"Dara, you're dating. I don't care. I just wanted to see how you are, since I saw what happened in your classroom. You're papa is furious, by the way, but a quick Shinigami Noggin Chop fixed that."

"Wait, wouldn't that have made him more furious?" Seunghyun asked. Shinigami turned his head on the side, pondering the question.

"I don't know. Guess we'll find out when he wakes up. Bye!" and he left.

The two remained in silence for a little while. Dara found her way back into his lap.

"Hey," he said, getting her attention. She looked up into his dark eyes.

"It doesn't matter what happens with Jiyong. That's up to you. But I'll be here either way, and you can always share one of my Buki's when you need to. I've discussed it with them, and they're cool with it. So just, take your-" Seunghyun was cut off suddenly when Dara turned her head and kissed him softly.

The couple found themselves lost in the blissfulness of the kiss, and the warm comfort of their proximity.

It was times like this, when there were two, such perfectly symmetrical beings in the world that it led one to believe that no matter what happens in real life, there would always be a chance to find the true, symmetrical beauty.

 

That ends The First Saga of this Symmetrical Love Story entitled Symmetrical Beauty.

The Next Saga would be entitled Symmetrical L-O-V-E :*

 

Yours Truly,

One.Four.Three :*