"It doesn't matter, because I love you"

Symmetrical Love Story

"But I didn't think it was possible, I mean I-"

"Dara," Mira said gently, "It can happen to anyone who has had se-"

"I know, I know," Dara interrupted hastily, "But we used protection and everything. And I've had no symptoms, no vomiting, no-"

"That's because you're only just three weeks. Not everyone has morning sickness, you know," the nurse explained. Dara was getting a little annoyed with her patient, calm tone- but then again, she'd have to be like that in order to raise Youngbae.

"So I'm three weeks? Another eight months away?" the teenager asked hopefully. Mira smiled, and nodded.

"He or she will be born after you graduate, yes. But you won't want to be at school after about six months-"

"Yes I will! I-" Dara interrupted again, only to be cut off by Mira.

"-which is why I would suggest that your boyfriend brings home your work. I'm sure we can work something out."

Dara grinned, happy with that arrangement.

/yet another line ! /

"Dara, can I talk to you for a few minutes?" Seunghyun asked one morning. Dara was feeling good for once- although she had no morning sickness (luckily) she still had nausea that was associated with pregnancy. She nodded, the nausea rising back up in - she had no idea what he wanted to "talk" about, but the idea made her feel ill. She was almost a month along now- it felt so weird to be saying that, but it was true. It had been nearly a month since she'd gotten pregnant.

The pair of them walked into a private corridor, away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the school. Standing next to a row of lockers, Dara leaned against the wall.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Seunghyun?" She asked, attempting to quell the feeling of sickness in her stomach with not much success.

"You know what it is…" he said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. She looked at him quizzically.

"Oh, don't do that. Are you… well, I know you are, but I don't know how to ask…" he mumbled.

"What is it, Tabi?" She asked. She really hoped he hadn't figured it out- she was sure she'd locked the pregnancy vitamins in the cupboard where he wouldn't find them, and how else would he know?

"Have you…. Um…. Are you pregnant?" He asked. Her breath caught.

"Uh…" she began, but it was like speaking through a lump of glue in .

"I know you are," he said. She nodded.

"Say it," Seunghyun said calmly, only the slightest hint of anxiety in his tone. "I need you to say it, I need you to make it feel more real."

"I'm- I'm pregnant," she said, sliding down the wall sadly. He was going to hate her now. This was it.

He sighed, but out of disappointment or relief she wasn't sure. She wrapped her arms around her knees, burying and hiding her face. She felt him slide down the wall next to her.

"Wow, that's…" he said quietly. She knew how he felt- there was no words.

He began to laugh quietly, and she looked at him, confused.

"You're, I mean, I knew, but that's just…"

"Awful, I know. We're going to be parents, and we're barely eighteen!" she said, beginning to cry. He wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close.

"It's awesome." He said quietly. She laughed derisively. "No, it's not. It's not awesome, we're having a child."

"It is awesome. And our child will BE awesome. And we have another… eight or so months to worry about this, so let's not worry yet. I'll still be here," Seunghyun said. He kissed her on the top of the head, and she cried even harder, but neither of them knew if that was from happiness, sadness, or stress.

They remained there until long after the bell to class went, but didn't care. This was much more important than any class. No-one told them how to prepare for a baby.

"So, how did you know, anyway?" Dara asked him. After her hysterical moment, she was quite collected and calm. He grinned.

"I can see Souls too, dummy," he said with a laugh, ruffling her hair. She laughed.

"Of course. So I can't keep this hidden for much longer?"

"Nope, but you know what?" He said, hugging her more tightly.

"What?"

"It doesn't matter, because I love you." Seunghyun said, kissing her gently, and leaving her thinking that maybe, even with a baby on the way in the next year or so, it was going to be okay.

 

Yay! Helloooooooooo~

Happy Reading :)

Saranghae :*

Your's Truly,

One.Four.Three