Welcome back... Cousin.

Strange Circumstances

-Taemin's Pov-

Today was an off day of school for me. Minho had to drive, and I didn't like it because he likes to rap while he drives, and usually Jonghyun keeps everyone quiet or puts on the radio. At school we met this weird girl, or Jonghyun did, and she embarassed him! She had an outburst during Lunch because Jessica was bothering her friend. I don't like her already, she causes too many problems. The dismissal bell rang, and my best friends and I made our way out of school. They didn't like school, but went anyway because of me... I hate being the youngest, and they call me innocent, I bet none of them even got high before. D:< Er... not like I've been high before, hehehe...

Anyway, there are girls all over the school, and they're all at least in love with one of us. I have my own set of fangirls, but I don't pay any attention to them. "You're only young once", my dad used to say... but after he said that my mommy would slap him.

We stood in front of Minho's convertible, Jonghyun stated that he had gotten dropped off in the morning and so he needed a ride too. And that's when I spotted the Devil. She had quickly become friends with Jinny, I noticed. They were laughing, Lucky carefully, as they exited the school and weaved through the parking lot. Lucky and her friend continued to walk, in our direction, and I stared at her, would she try to talk to us? Onew and Key noticed her as well and kept their gazes locked on her as she came closer. We were crowding around Minho's convertible, and the only other car there was a Mustang, but only really wealthy, or really stupid people came to school driving those.

Minho whistled, he didn't have much patience sometimes, so we really had to get into the convertible. As we climbed in, we saw Lucky and Jinny pass our car and reach the Mustang, and we kind of froze to watch her. I felt like a stalker, but I didn't think she was wealthy at all. They didn't wait for us to pull out of the lot and reversed, speeding off to the exit.

"I just remembered my parents have a meeting today." I said outloud, pouting; "I'm going to be home alone with all those nosy butlers and servants."

"Good luck dude." Jonghyun told me with a chuckle. What insensitive hyungs. :(

My home was closest to the school, so it would be the best place to hang out when we were bored and our parents wouldn't let us go out far. Minho pulled in the long driveway and I climbed out, slamming the door behind me as Minho pulled back out, me waving after them. I opened the house door for them, and was immediately greeted by my butler.

"Hello, young master Lee." the butler bowed. It was always awkward when he did that but it was his job so I couldn't really stop him. I just smiled at him as I began to walk to the stairs, but I froze when I saw a couple of suitcases on the ground and I pointed at them. The butler smiled; "Ah, my parents informed me to remind you that your female cousin will be staying with us for a period of time."

"Cousin?" I asked. I never knew I had cousins. *WHY, grandparents, why?!?!*

My butler only nodded; "Yes, and she will be here soon. She had come here after you left for school, dropped off her belongings, and went off, saying she'd be back by now."

The door opened behind me and I spun to see... my cousin?!?!

"M-Lucky?" I asked in complete shock.

"Oh hey... sorry, I don't know your name." Lucky said. She brushed past me, picking up one of her suitcases and carrying it up the stairs, I'm guessing my parents already told her what room she'd be staying in.

A couple of servants came behind me to pick up her suitcases and trudged up the staircase behind her. I stared at her in disbelief... thinking, *I'm related to the Devil?!*

She came back down the stairs, and I hadn't moved a muscle... how was it possible for us to be related?! She looked at me expectantly; "Do you have a name?"

"T-Taemin." I said, I couldn't help but stutter, it was just so weird to have her here.

"Cool, I'll see you tomorrow." she said simply, and she went back upstairs... oh my banana milk. (0)_(0)


 

-Lucky's Pov-

I woke up in my temporary room. It was so strange here... my dad's a major business owner back in the United States, so we were wealthy too. The different thing is who I'm here with... I usually stay with my mom and dad back in New York City, but they told me they wanted me to go to Korea to... "get in touch with my heritage" What's that supposed to mean?!

I've been... what they call, a tough girl since I was very young. When I was really, really young something had happened to me, that I was unable to stop... let's say my mom had a really strange male friend who'd always take me to the "park" or to the "beach". Eventually, I had enough and told my parents the truth about the molestation, and my dad told me I could never let a boy of any age do that to me ever again, and so he got me a lot of fighting classes and I toughened up quite a bit.

And then I got here. Yeah, my first day was interesting. I met jerks, friends, a snob, and I might have just brought my tough girl reputation from the States all the way here. Who knows, who cares. All I know, is that I have a cousin named Taemin, this in our lifetimes our second legit time meeting (last when we were like 5), and he belongs to the band of "bad boys" I met yesterday, and let me say they might be the reason why I get suspended. >:|

I quickly got myself ready and ate breakfast, learning that Taemin hadn't left yet and his parents asked me to drive him. That made me groan mentally, but I agreed to them and went upstairs to his room, barging in like I owned the place. He was already done dressing and was brushing his hair; "If you're not outside by the car in 5 minutes I leave without you."

Taemin froze and looked at me like I had 1,000 heads but I just turned and walked out of the room. I don't know why I'm so mean to him, maybe it's just me being extra careful around all guys. Lucky for him, he made it to the mustang with a moment to spare and I drove him to school in complete silence. Did I scare him?! HAHAHAHA! That's classic, I only talked to him like 3 times, and he's already afraid of me. I parked in the parking lot, right beside his friend's convertible from yesterday, and I was confused on why they wanted me to drive him when his friends could have done so.

We kept pace with each other, either he was too scared to go faster, or I was naturally a fast walker. It didn't really bother me, and the two of us entered the classroom right before the bell rang. As I walked by, I ruffled Jinny's hair, and she gave me a joking "I'll kill you" look. I laughed at her freely and made my way to my seat. Jonghyun or whatever and his friends stared at Taemin, confused on why he came with me.

Well whatever they say to each other is none of my business, I'm just waiting for Lunch so I can chill with Jinny. She really is quite kind and talkative once you got to know her. The teacher gave me another happy look today... wait, did I just become the teacher's pet? But wait, I didn't do anything but... stick up for Jinny... but how would he know about that? Oh wait, I'm in highschool. Great, this just went from bad to worse.


 

-Key's Pov-

I wasn't able to speak to Taemin until Lunchtime, and I was curious. Why did he enter class with her? He had a scared look on his face, while she kept hers as cold and plain as usual. I'm sure the other guys and Jessica also had questions, but as his "Umma", I have top priority. He kept zoning out to stare at Lucky, gulping in fear every few seconds.

"What's wrong Taeminnie?" I asked him worriedly; "Did she threaten you?"

"No, it isn't like that." Taemin said quickly, and it was quite suspicious, why would he be defending her?

"Then how is it like?" Jessica asked. Ever since yesterday when she got called out by Lucky, she'd been even meaner but stayed away from Jinny.

"She's my..." Taemin said, and his face suddenly paled.

"You better not say you're her boyfriend." I told him, my motherlike quality taking over. There was no way I'd let a b*tch like her date my little Taeminnie.

"No!" Taemin said, he was now trembling; "She's my... cousin!"

Onew, who was chomping on a Chicken drumstick suddenly began to choke and soon, we all turned to stare at Lucky. She was sitting there, like she had no other care in the world, happily chatting with Jinny.

"I feel for you bro." Minho told him sadly.

"Is she that bad Taemin?" Jessica asked in curiousity.

"She scares me Noona." Taemin said in a murmur. Lucky took a quick glance at our table, and frowned at Taemin's sad expression. I guess she did somewhat care about Taemin. She said something to Jinny, and left her, grabbing a bottle of Banana Milk and headed this way. Jessica began to stand up, but yesterday's memory was still fresh in her mind and she stayed rooted to the chair.

Taemin looked up, trying to keep his face blank as she stood in front of him. She put the bottle in front of him, giving him a small smile; "I remember you used to love these when you were 5." She gave Jessica and the rest of us "don't say a thing" looks, walked away to Jinny and the two left the cafeteria. I stared after them. That was so shocking, and unexcpeted from a tough girl like her.

Maybe we were wrong. Even Taemin seemed to think so. I had peeked over to him, to see him take turns staring at the bottle and at his cousin.