Fashion

Strange Circumstances

 

-Onew's Pov-

A day's passed since our helping with BEAST. We've become friends now! It's surprising what power Lucky has on us. I wonder why. Jinny joined us for Lunch today, and we sat at our normal table, but Lucky was nowhere to be found.

She entered the cafeteria, a distant look in her eyes as her gaze found us. She hesitated, unsure of what to do and I watched her carefully to see what she would do. I wasn't the only one either, almost half of the cafeteria stared at her tensely. Finally she made her decision and sulkingly made her way to our group; "You know, the highlight of my day so far was making Taemin run to the car this morning. It's so boring here!"

"What exactly would you like to do?" I asked her, staring at her in utter disbelief, how could she say that about a place she hardly knew? Yawning, she shifted her position so she was sitting on the chairs sideways and rested her head on Taemin's shoulder, falling asleep quickly.


 

-Taemin's Pov-

Her head was so light on my shoulder, I couldn't really tell if she was asleep. I peeked at my cousin's expression and I actually cooed at it! She looked like an angel, all innocent  and adorable. She had a faint smile on her lips as her tough exterior seemed to fade away. I wasn't the only one astonished by my cousin's sudden beauty, everyone on the table had the same expression as I did.

Jonghyun whipped out his cell phone and snapped a picture, and when I stared at him in curiousity, he answered; "For blackmail purposes."

Lucky began to hug my arm in her sleeping state and at that moment, I fogot that Lucky was a tough girl... that she was sometimes cold and expressionless. At that moment, Lucky was like every other girl and she had basic needs... like sleep. But then the school bell rang and surprised, Lucky jumped off of me and landed face down on the ground. The seven of us contained our laughter as she stood half asleep. She started to drag her feet to class, but stopped midstep, in front of a trash can. She was about to walk right into the trash can.

She began rubbing her eyes tiredly, and backed away from the trash can; "I fell asleep, didn't I?"

"Yep." we answered.

She turned to me and smiled while bowing; "Thank you for letting me use your arm as a pillow."

I almost died. I really almost died. She was so sweet and innocent that it blew me away and my knees were weak. And I wasn't the only one either. She sent the same smile to the rest of our group, and I'm sure we all felt like we were going to die.

"There they are!" I heard shouting. Jessica took her position as our bodyguard as a couple of girls met us on our way to class.

"Hello!" Onew smiled at them.

"Hello SHINee Oppas and friends!" One of the friends smiled. Her name was Luna, and she was a popular girl too, although she wasn't a Queenka like Jessica.

There was another girl with her named Hana who smiled as well and handed us flyers and walked away; "Please come to our party this saturday!"

"We'll be there!" Jonghyun said immeditately. We all love parties, us guys and Jessica.

"Have fun." Lucky smirked at us.

"You're not going?" Jessica asked her.

"I don't do parties." Lucky stated simply.

"Come on Lucky, let's go, just this once." Jinny said while linking their arms together.

"But I don't have anything to wear-" Lucky began.

"Well duh we're gonna have to go shopping." Key rolled his eyes. If there's one thing Key's good at, it's being a diva.

"Please Noonaaa." I dragged out the word because my charm always works on her.

"You're lucky you're my cousin. If someone else tried that I'd punch their lights out." she said grumpily. I looked at her and I couldn't help myself but laugh, she's ridiculous.

"Even me?" Jonghyun asked jokingly, giving her his own puppy look.

Key, Minho, and Onew joined in. She looked away but her face was a rosy pink. In the end, I joined in too, and she covered her face.

"STOP IT!" she screamed. Jessica and Jinny watched in silence but the amusement in their faces was evident.

I clapped while I laughed and hugged her side; "I love you Noona!"

We watched to see her reaction, but all she did was groan; "I love you too Taemin, now let go of me. Too much cuteness." I didn't plan on letting go until she hugged back, and she realized this quickly, and I felt her arms wrap around me but let go hastily, as did I.


 

-Lucky's Pov-

As I was exiting school with Jinny beside me, I noticed Minho leaning on the front door of my car. Apparently, Jonghyun was driving his SUV today for the others. I raised an eyebrow at the human skyscraper; "Any reason why you're getting bodyprints on my car door?"

"I wanted to ask if I could drive." he said simply; "We're going to the same place anyway."

"Sure." I said, tossing him my keys. I was feeling really lazy anyway. I forced Jinny to sit up front with Minho and took up the entire back space of the Mustang. I saw my cousin stare at me as if he thought I'd punch Minho in the face for wanting to drive my car. I shrugged it off and let Minho and Jonghyun pull out of the parking lot before asking; "We're not going home, are we?"

Minho's face paled and I stifled my laughter; "We're going to the mall, please don't be mad."

"Okay." I said simply. It was just a mall, why was everyone so afraid of me? The ride was quiet until I rolled my eyes; "Don't say you guys are too afraid of me to talk when I'm around. This is ridiculous, I'm not that scary."

Finally the two started talking to each other, and in order for me not to eavesdrop, I opened the window fully and watched the scenery as we drove on. My gaze got caught on the birds flying in the air- I wanted to be like them, able to be free, have the simple elegance that birds show when they're flying through the sky. I knew I looked like a nutcase, smiling at birds, but I smiled at them anyway until they were too far for me to see. I hadn't noticed Jonghyun's SUV driving beside us until my eyes were gazing right into Key's. I pulled my head back, and noticed we had reached the mall's parking lot.

When we exited the car, Minho tried returning the keys to me, but I shook my head; "As long as you drove us here, you're driving us home."

Taemin laughed at Minho's taken aback expression; "Noona, I can drive you home."

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. I just didn't care. I looked up at the mall, it was intimidatingly large; "It's even bigger than the one I used to go to with Hong Ki."

Key chuckled and grabbed my hand to pull me into the mall; "Don't worry, you won't get lost, we're here."

"Okay, but why are you holding her hand?" Jessica asked. I looked down at our hands and I blinked.

He shrugged; "Gotta show my best friend around the mall."

Best friend? I blinked again. My other hand was grabbed, and when I looked, it was Taemin. I blinked again, for the third time.

"Noona, you come with me, okay?" he asked with a wide smile. I only nodded dumbly. Jinny and Jessica winked at me, and Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho looked as if they didn't even want to be here.

The entire time at the mall, all we did was search for dresses for Jessica and Jinny. Key figured I wasn't one to wear dresses and took me to look for fancy tops. No offense, but I'd rather wear a dress than the skimpy "fancy" tops the guys found me.

"Okay, enough." I said when I had enough. I grabbed one of the dresses on the racks, and walked into the dressing room. I didn't let them see it, thinking it'd be a surprise. It was a knee-length red dress, and it fit me like a glove.

(http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SKPT_enUS449&biw=1067&bih=571&tbm=isch&tbnid=XR67AqsD6JKkjM:&imgrefurl=http://thegloss.com/fashion/fabulous-under-100-max-and-cleo-dresses/&docid=JR7tT902SyhfTM&imgurl=http://thegloss.com/files/2009/11/max-and-cleo-party-dress.jpg&w=282&h=522&ei=6RHzT4GID-Hx0gGT-MTLCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=628&vpy=91&dur=1718&hovh=306&hovw=165&tx=69&ty=182&sig=101950932645266884571&page=1&tbnh=171&tbnw=88&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:151)

I poked my head out of the dressing room. Taemin was waiting there with Onew, Minho and Jonghyun, but Key was out of sight. I called for Taemin, and he looked at me, blinking when all he saw was my head; "Hey, Taeminnie, go get Key?"

"You need me?" Key asked, suddenly popping up beside Taemin and the other guys. I stepped into his view, and he stared at me like I was some alien.

"Too fancy?" I asked them.

"N-no." they stuttered at once. I understood that they were choosing their words carefully as to not upset me. They were seriously ticking me off that way.

Jessica and Jinny had already chose their outfits, and Jessica promised to pay for Jinny, although my friend refused at first. I paid for my own clothes and walked to the exit of the mall.

"L-let me hold that for you." Jonghyun said as he reached for my bag.

"I can carry it myself." I told him simply. I walked over to my mustang, and tossed the keys to Taemin, who had already told me he'd drive me home.

"Er, not a good idea." Key said as he took the keys from Taemin; "Taemin's still learning. Here, I'll drive, if that's okay with you?"

"Sure." I shrugged. WHY DOES IT MATTER WHO DRIVES?! I understand that I'm a bit intimidating, but this was getting too ridiculous for me, I like doing normal things like shop, and I like looking cute. I just get mad when someone decides to mess with me or my friends, why don't these people get that?!

Unfortunately, I was never able to mask my anger, and subconsiously made a really mean face. Taemin was the first to see, and cowered in fear, only ticking me off more, but this time I was more angry with myself for angering my cousin.

"Are you alright Lucky? Did something upset you?" Jessica asked, watching me carefully.

"Yeah, you guys." I answered more harshly than intended; "Listen, I know I'm a tough girl and all, but it's not like I plan on killing all of you in your sleep or something. There's no need for you to be so scared of me."

"Oh, we didn't know it bothered you..." Jinny trailed off.

"Whatever." I said, ending the conversation; "Just pretend I didn't say a thing."

I like these guys and all, but sometimes, they're just impossible.