A Fight For Friends

Strange Circumstances

-Lucky's Pov-

The weekend went by slowly. Sunday morning, I made breakfast for them and went to the closest dojo. I needed to brush up on my skills, and I needed to forget my past- no matter what it took. The rest of the week went like that, actually. I went to school early, escaped to the garden at lunch, rushed to the dojo after school, and went home late to sleep. I didn't see any of them besides during in class, and as Rocky mistakenly took my seat in the back, and Jinny joined them with an extra seat to spare for me, but I took a seat by the door and readied myself to launch out of the room like a rocket after class.

Today, Friday, I wasn't able to escape to the garden for lunch, so I found myself in the cafeteria, looking for a place to sit. My eyes roamed, looking from table to table, and then I spotted Luna. She was sitting with four other girls, all of them giving me some sort of evil eye. I didn't understand why they would stare at me that way, considering I was just defending myself and Jessica, but I didn't fight it- I walked up to them, smirking. From the corner of my eye, I saw Rocky go on alert. She's known me well enough to know I only smirk when I'm ready to cause trouble.

"Am I so pretty as to have you stare at me the second I walk in?" I asked, laughing mentally at my question.

"Actually, we're wondering if you're brave enough to fight one of us." One of Luna's friends said. I knew these girls now, so I think the one talking was... Victoria.

"Yeah right, she's all talk." the one next to her snorted, Krystal, I think.

"Whatever, just get her out of my shade." the third of them groaned, a girl going by the name Sulli.

"Amber, you know what to do." Luna said to the one sitting closest to me.

The mentioned girl just stood up and grabbed my collar, lifting me into the air. I was surprised, actually... the girl was pretty strong compared to the other girls I've faught in school.

I was just about to swing at her, when she was pulled off of me and my arm was being tugged away. I tried wrenching my arm away from this stranger's grip, but I couldn't do so, and turned back to see who it was. Why was Key saving me? Why was he pulling me away from Amber? I looked back at her, only to see her smirk and know- it wasn't over yet. Either way, I'd have to fight Amber... in order for her to defend her friend, as I had to defend mine. Forcefully, I was brought to the classroom, where Taemin and his friends, and the girls were waiting, with angry looks pasted on their faces.

"What were you thinking?" Key bellowed immediately.

"Noona, why would you go against them? Your school record will be tarnished." Taemin added on, his voice booming just as loudly as Key's.

They all took turns to yell at me and try to convince me that fighting was wrong and blah, blah, blah; "Are you done?" Almost in unison, they stopped, frozen in their spots; "My parents themselves have never scolded me for fighting, so who do you think you are to tell me to stop?"

"Then they're bad parents." Jinny shot, shocking us; "What parent would give their son over to you to marry?"

"Marry?" everyone asked in shock.

"It's true!" Jonghyun nodded; "I wouldn't want to marry you."

"Why marry someone who'd bury me alive?" Key muttered to himself.

That stung, their comments about me not getting married and stuff, and I punched the wall, creating a dent and shocking them once more; "I don't know why you're so concerned with my future."  I grabbed my bag and my car keys, ready to just skip the rest of school.

"You didn't think I'd let you get away, did you?" Amber stopped me in the hallway.

"Oh, and here I was thinking I could go home and watch Brilliant Legacy." I snorted.

"So let's get right to it, then." Amber said decisively, swinging the first punch.

Immediately, I tossed my stuff to the side and caught her fist, twisting it behind her back.

"Lucky noona! Stop!" Taemin called from behind, running forward.

We had no intention of stopping though, as kicks and punches were thrown back and forth, her swinging her claws as well. I felt a cut on my cheek due to her sharp nails, and anger took control. I sent her flying, no doubt giving her several bruises, and I knew, just by doing that, I had won. I wiped the blood off my cheek and grabbed my stuff to leave. Key followed me silently as I left school, and jumped into the passenger seat before I could drive off. We drove in silence for most of the ride, but when I peeked over to him, I saw his fists clenched as he glared out the window.

"Stop here." he said harshly, scaring me. I pulled over without asking questions, and he got out of the car, slamming the door; "Wait here."

I didn't understand why he was so angry. Was I supposed to listen to him when he said not to fight? Did he think I was the type of girl to do whatever was asked of me? I wondered why I hadn't left him already, but curiosity had already gotten better of me, and I wasn't able to drive until he came back into the car with a bag in hand. He turned to me and glared, and shocked, I stared at him wide-eyed. Then, he did the sweetest thing. He took a first aid kit out of the bag, and cleaned the cut on my cheek, putting a small bandaid over it. He was fuming in anger, but still helped my wound? Why would he do that?

"Drive." he said, and I started driving immediately. I didn't know why I was listening to him like that, but I was. When we got back to the house, he didn't even wait for me to park, but jumped out and slammed the door once more, I followed him inside, of course, and was about to go up the stairs, when...

"Hongki wants to talk to you." Rocky said in a monotone, pointing to my laptop, open to a video chat, Hongki looking right at me, grinning.

"The girl cut you?" he asked, chuckling.

My cousins and his friends lounged around the living room, watching the two of us warily.

"She was strong." I answered, rubbing my arms in thought.

"You have to be careful." he almost shrieked; "You almost became paralyzed because of that fight before you left, and your parents sent you over there to keep you safe, remember?"

"It doesn't even hurt anymore." I shot back. It was a fighting tournament, and during my final match, my opponent had used dirty tactics and almost broke my spinal cord, paralyzing me.

"It doesn't hurt?" he bellowed; "You were in the hospital for a week, all shriveled up and pale."

"Really?" Rocky asked from behind; "I didn't know about this."

"Yeah, because Lucky wanted you to study in that really tough fighting school all the way across the country." Hongki snorted.

"Hyung" Taemin said, coming up to look at Hongki; "Why did Noona keep fighting if that was true?"

"Because your Noona doesn't care as long as she can protect you." Hongki laughed; "Ever since we were little, she'd tell me all the things she learned about you from your parents, and now that she can protect you, she won't let anyone beat her."

"Ugh, you make me sound so soft." I groaned, throwing myself back onto the couch, making Jonghyun and Onew scoot away from me.

"But then, why does Noona keep doing dangerous things?" Taemin asked Hongki.

"Danger-" I began.

"That's how she is, kid." Hongki laughed; "Or, at least, how she was. She actually changed because of you and your friends."

"She changed?" Rocky asked, confused; "I didn't see it."

"Well, yeah, before Lucky would fight immediately, and without a second thought. Now she lets people drag her off." Hongki explained, grinning.

"Oh, I did, didn't I?" I asked myself; "I knew there was something wrong with my fighting today."

"So, in a way, she is changed." Minho said, smiling softly.

"Not enough." Key said, scoffing out loud.

"Is it your guys' life mission to change me?" I asked, rubbing my sore temples.

"You helped me, so now it's my turn to help you." Jinny answered, nodding.

Jessica agreed; "It's the least I could do, after you saved me."

"You should stop." I said sourly; "If I wanted to change, I would have done it already."

"You're lying." Hongki teased; "You hate how you've turned out."

"Yah!" I shouted, betrayed.

"So it's true!" Jonghyun called out.

"Plan Change Lucky, is a go?" Onew asked.

"What is this?" I asked out loud.

"Noona!" Taemin called, making me turn to him, when he made the cutest face ever, and with a reddened face, I looked away and coughed lightly.

"Oh, I haven't seen that face in years," Hongki said in awe; "Thanks, kid."

Taemin grinned in victory.