Confusion

Strange Circumstances

 

-Lucky's Pov-

No one can tell me I'm a bad cousin, I might be tough... but I love Taemin. I doubt he remembered he had a cousin, the last time we met was when he was 5 and I was... 7, I think. He spent one afternoon with my parents, and he was crying because he missed his own. I felt terrible, and I had to do something to cheer him up. I gave him a bottle of Banana Milk, something he'd never tried before, and after taking a sip or two he fell in love with that stuff. And today, during Lunch, I felt even worse... I mean, I wasn't trying to scare him or anything.. I- I guess I need to stop being so tough around him, but I can't help it. It's how I am.

 

Anyway, Jinny and I headed to the Library after I handed the Banana Milk to Taemin, I just really wanted some silence and Jinny needed a book for a research report she needed to do. I told her I wanted her to hang out with me at Taemin's house afterschool, and after much convincing, she agreed. Once again we treaded through the vast parking lot, and I kept getting stares from everyone... High school drama... GRAAAH! >:|

I almost immediately spotted my cousin and his friends as we neared my Mustang, yes, my uncle and aunt actually got me a Mustang to make me more comfortable here. The guys gave me odd looks as they sat in their friend's convertible. The tallest of them was driving, and I realized something... I still don't know any of their names besides my cousin and that flirt, Jonghyun. Jinny was suddenly nervous, as she was yesterday. Did they also make fun of her? Because if they did...

I gave her a reassuring smile and she entered my car.

Today, I waited for him to pull out, but the tall boy seemed to just sit there patiently. I rolled down the window, scoffing; "Yo, skycraper, if you wanna pull out, do it now or I'll total your convertible."

They looked at each other. I guess they figured I'd start being kinder. I would totally be nice all the time, RIGHT. He pulled out without another thought and I followed him. Jinny giggled beside me; "Can you teach me how to be tough like you?"

"You don't need to be tough to stick up for yourself Jinny." I smiled at her; "If someone messes with you, you snap back, that's all you gotta do. But of course, never get yourself caught in a fight."

"Can you still help me out?" Jinny asked me. Would I be doing the wrong thing by doing this for her? She doesn't need to be tough, being yourself is always the best option.

"I guess." I told her, repressing a sigh. I've been following the skyscraper for a while, and he's pretty damn fast. My cousin kept turning and looking at me, but would always turn back, like he didn't want me to see him staring. I laughed at that, he was just so cute. :3

Minho pulled into the the driveway ahead of me, and I stayed out in front of the Mansion in case he needed to pull back out, but he didn't. He parked and all five boys hopped out of the convertible. Jinny just gaped at the Mansion, I had already told her about me being wealthy and related to Taemin. I rolled my eyes to her reaction, smiling all the while as we trudged up the steps to the Mansion.Taemin and his friends already entered and "kindly" left the door open for us. We went inside, and Jinny calmed down relatively, I guess now she finally doesn't care about how fancily I'm living.

We pretended the guys didn't exist and walked into the living room to watch some television. I handed Jinny the remote control as the other guys joined us in the room. Jinny eyed me carefully but didn't protest as she switched the television onto whatever was there. It was an English movie, and the guys scoffed, obviously they figured it was going to be girly. I held my hand out and Jinny handed me the remote, so I switched the television to the Xbox 360. I heard Taemin whimper in disagreement, but I didn't care. Jinny and I sat there, playing video games for at least 10 minutes, but neither of us were any good. We'd just sit there and laugh at ourselves.

Suddenly someone snatched the controller out of Jinny's hand, and my friend sat there, embarassed. It was actually Taemin's friend, not the skyscraper, the diva-ish one; "You shouldn't play if you can't do it right."

I gave Jinny a look and she actually stood up for herself, saying; "I'm sorry, the last time I checked, I was allowed to have fun."

The diva, and all the others looked taken aback, and I was actually quite proud of my friend as I handed her my controller; "Here, you play with them, I'm gonna sit here and watch."

"I don't want to play with Key. I don't want to play with any of them." Jinny said firmly. I shrugged, and she handed the controller to Skyscraper.

"Nice going Key." Skyscraper muttered.

"Yah! It's not my fault she doesn't want to play with me, Minho!" Key argued.

Us two girls just sat there quietly as they had fun. I suddenly excused myself to run to my room and retrieve my laptop, and when I came back Jinny was sitting there laughing at Minho and Key. I smiled, I helped her out a tiny bit... yay me. ^_^

I sat beside her once again, and opened my laptop onto Skype quickly. The call's music filled the room and Minho paused the game in curiousity. It was my best friend, a guy named Lee Hong Ki, I call him Hong Ki just because. His pale face and dark brown hair was seen on the screen.

He looked at me funny; "Why'd you call me? I don't wanna talk to you!"

"You idiot." I stuck my tongue out at him; "You need to work on your memory skills."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Hong Ki grumbled at me. He noticed Jinny's arm and raised an eyebrow; "You made a friend?"

"Yes, aren't you proud?" I asked him with a smirk, pointing the camera to Jinny. Her face was getting red but she didn't shoo him off, she only waved.

"She's pretty." Hong Ki said simply. Gah, he's my best friend all right, my flirt of a best friend. -.-

Someone snorted, and I noticed it was Jonghyun; "You wanna disagree Dino boy?!"

"Dino boy?" Hong Ki laughed; "Looks like somebody's becoming popular."

"You wish." I grimaced at him; "I'm related to one of them."

"Oh, poor boy." he said jokingly. I heard laughter from the SHINee boys, but I stayed focused on the jerk I was talking to.

"Here, meet him, you have something in common, you're both jerks." I scoffed, turning the computer so that it was now focused on Taemin and his friends.

"They don't look that bad." Hong Ki told me, then to them; "She's always been a tough little girl."

"We've realized." the chicken boy told my best friend; "I'm Onew." OHHH, so that's his name!!! I feel better now that I know that. I've just been calling him "chicken boy" this entire time.

"I'm Jonghyun." the dino boy introduced himself, he didn't really seem interested though.

"Minho." skyscraper grinned, he was a bit shy though, I don't know why.

"They call me Key." the diva boy announced himself.

My cousin looked at the person in the screen once before introducing himself; "I'm Taemin... Lucky's c-cousin."

"You're her cousin?" Hong Ki laughed; "I feel so bad for you bro."

"Jerkwad!" I shouted at him.

"Naw, I'm only kidding." Hong Ki told my cousin; "She gets a lot worse."

"When I get back to the States I'm so gonna slap you." I threatened him.

He brushed me off and looked at Jinny, winking; "But who's the pretty girl?"

"Oh..." Jinny said, blushing madly; "I'm... Jinny."

"You're the worst." I told Hong Ki; "Don't flirt with her! I'm not gonna let you hurt her like you hurt every other girl around. I'm telling you now, if you mess with her I will make it so that you won't be able to reproduce."

"Chill..." Hong Ki told me suddenly; "And then you wonder why everyone's afraid of you."

"She scares meee." Taemin agreed, with the same sad expression as before. But this time I didn't have any banana milk for him to cheer him up.

"Don't be sad!" I said to him. I pulled up a song on Youtube and put it on, Taemin always loved to dance. I looked up to see he was staring at me in shock. Of course he didn't think I knew, but his parents updated me as we've grown older. The others were staring at me too, did they seriously think I had a black hole where my heart should be? Well, at least the song worked. He and Key actually danced to it and Minho went alongside the rapping. Jonghyun and Onew even took turns singing with it.

We heard clapping, and remembered Hong Ki was still on Skype. I paused the track on Youtube and he grinned; "That was better entertainment than anything you find around in my school!" He winked at Taemin; "You're lucky you're related to her, she's like the big sister everyone needs."

"I've had enough of you." I told him; "I'll call you later... or tomorrow. BYE!" I shut it off on him quickly, and turned my attention back to the others; "And no, we're not dating, and we never will date."

"Are you bipolar?" Key asked me suddenly.


 

-Jinny's Pov-

I must admit, I've been wondering the same thing. She could be grumpy and cold one second, and then when Taemin gets upset, she'd do anything to cheer him up. I've only known her for two days now, but I've seen this a couple of times. Like before Jessica came to talk to me, she was all sweet and cheerful, and then she randomly burst.

"Haha, no, I just don't like when people are upset, or mean." Lucky answered him. That makes sense, I guess.

It started to get late, I probably should get home. My mom isn't wealthy like these guys', so we lived in a rundown apartment not too far from here. I know, momonly. It wasn't a divorce thing, my dad just... he was very sick and had a heat , so now it's just me and mom, so I guess that's the reason why I don't talk to people, I'm afraid of losing them once I have them. I'm not so afraid of losing Lucky, though. She's pretty tough, she'll make it fine. I sighed; "Hey Lucky, I should get home before mom worries about me."

"Okay, I'll drive you." Lucky nodded, about to stand up.

"No, I'll drive her." Minho offered; "It's getting pretty dark, I don't think you're used to driving late yet."

"Fine." she said simply. WHAT?! She's gonna let him take me?! She saw my reaction; "Don't worry, the threat I used for Hong Ki counts for him too."

"Come on." Minho chuckled. Wait, he was the only one coming? What about the rest of them.

To answer, they all told Taemin at once; "We're staying over."

"Oh great." Lucky rolled her eyes. Thankfully, today was Friday, so we didn't have to worry about school.

"I'll be back after I drop her off." Minho said to his friends, exiting out the front door. Was I really supposed to trust the guy? I didn't even know him well! We used to be my good friend, back when we were really little, but then he met Taemin and them, forgetting about me. He was, however, one to try to stop other people from making fun of me... well, he'd tell them to cut it out, but it doesn't really work. :\

I quickly, but quietly followed him to his convertible and he opened the door for me, what a gentleman! He soon began to drive, and I told him which directions to go. We were going deeper into the poorer part of town, and his face showed confusion. I made him stop right in front of my mom's old apartment. I tried to give him a smile, but I was always too shy for my own good; "T-thanks."

"Don't mention it." He told me, with a genuine smile on his face. Wait, why do I feel my heart pounding? And why does it seem like something's fluttering in my stomach? We entered a comfortable silence, and I opened the car door to leave, but suddenly, his hand was around my wrist, causing my heart to beat faster. I looked into his eyes, but he just let me go like it was a complete accident and now, I awkwardly went up to my apartment. He waited to see which one I would enter, and mine was the ugliest on the outside. I didn't wave at him, still feeling very awkward, and went indoors.


-Minho's Pov-

I'm an idiot. A true, true idiot. -.-

What was I going to do?

Was I going to kiss her?

But I don't know her now like I've known her before. She used to live in a nice house, with both of her parents. She used to be friendly, and brilliant... today, I find out she lives in a broken down apartment... but then I realized something, I like how she's shy, how she never wants to fight people off because she feels like it's a waste to. I like that she's quiet, and tries not to bring too much attention to herself. I just like her. I heard her rapid heartbeat right before she tried to leave. It was beating so fast...

Does that mean she might like me in return? Me, Minho, the bad boy whose friends always pick on her in school? I knew my own heart was beating frantically, but I didn't know what to do. I reached out for her, and she turned... but then I froze, and let go. I didn't want to do anything she'd regret afterwards. I silently drove back to Taemin's house- usually I'd rap, but when she was with me I just wanted to sit in silence, and pay attention to every word that came out in her beautiful voice. Now, I was just too busy thinking about her to do anything else.

I walked into the living room in a daze. The guys were still sitting there, playing video games, and Lucky was on her laptop. Upon my return, Lucky looked up, saw me, and began to laugh. She was sitting on the sofa, by herself, a pillow right beside her. I grabbed the pillow and threw it at her while she was laughing. The guys stared at me as if I just dug my own grave, and right now I really didn't care. Lucky put her laptop down, and grabbed the pillow, chasing me with it as I ran around the living room.

"Skyscraper, watch it, before I get a bulldozer in here." she shouted, still laughing as she tried to run faster. Thankfully for me, she was still slow and couldn't catch up. I took her laptop in my arms and threatened to drop it. She just smirked and started to walk slower... damn, does nothing scare this girl?

I had another brilliant idea. I replaced the laptop and grabbed Taemin from his seat, using him as a shield. Lucky tried going around him, but each time, I shifted Taemin, who willingly stood as a wall. Lucky gave up, tossing the pillow aside; "You got lucky, but I'd learn how to sleep with my eyes open if I were you."

"N-Noona?" Taemin asked with wide eyes, he was obviously faking his expression with her, but she bought it.

"Whaa..." she trailed off, seeing his face. Her face fell, and she turned around, taking her laptop and trudging up the strairs with it; "I'm going to bed..."

"If I knew it were that easy to get rid of her, I woulda done that a while ago." Key smirked.

Taemin pouted at him; "She's not that bad! My Noona is very nice to me."

That was correct. She had a soft spot for Taemin, that much was obvious. Other people melted at Taemin's cuteness, yeah, but it was different with her. She seemed almost unbreakable, so tough and cold, but when Taemin talks to her, she becomes like every other teenager and talks all sweetly and all that. I'm confused, which is the real Lucky?!