Late Night Talk

Strange Circumstances

-Lucky's Pov-

After my shower, I ran to my room and pulled all of my blankets off the bed, dragging them downstairs and tossing them at Taemin, who was setting up a sleeping place for them. I looked over at Jonghyun, who was shivering in his drunk, unconscious state. I felt bad, leaving him alone like that, so I placed a wet cloth over his forhead and tucked him in on the sofa with one of the blankets I had brought for them. Thankfully, Hongki had the same habit of drinking so much he passed out, that I knew how to take care of drunk people. I quickly went to the kitchen to get seltzer water, and placed it on the table beside the sofa.

"What are you, his mother?" Key laughed from behind me, a bitter sound coming from him.

"Oh, no, I used to do this for Hongki." I answered, throwing Jonghyun one last glance as I took a seat beside Taemin, who had been watching me curiously; "He might get sick in the morning, and I have no intention of cleaning up after him when he pukes."

That caused everyone to chuckle, probably expecting something like that coming from me.

"Lucky, thank you..." Jessica trailed off, and I turned to her; "You saved me today."

"Oh, that?" I laughed, this was the first time I was thanked for ever beating someone up; "Well, a friend of my cousin, is a friend of mine."

"So that's why you hang around? Because we're Taemin's friend?" Onew laughed.

"Yeah, why else would I stay with the popular crew?" I shot back; "Tough girls usually avoid the popular kids, so if one of my friends come here now, I might just lose my reputation."

"Well, who's going to come here for you?" Key laughed jokingly.

The doorbell rang, and after looking at me once, Taemin jumped up; "I'll get it!"

"Well, I'll go get the pillows." I said, standing up once more.

"Lucky!" someone shouted from behind me, and suddenly, I was suddenly spinning around in a hug.

"Rocky! Put me down!" I shouted, prying off the arms of one of my closest childhood friends. She was younger than me, about Taemin's age, but it didn't stop her from being one of the best martial artists around. She was slim, and constantly cheerful. I turned to her and looked over her... she gained some more muscle and her hair was highlighted blonde; "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" she asked me in return. Her tone was upbeat, as it usually was when she was around me. Apparently, I was her favorite friend growing up, and she looked up to me always. I kept her close, but as I can't open up to anyone, all we ever were in my books were friends; "Your mom and dad took you away without even saying anything!"

"Oh, are you sad?" I asked, her widened eyes making me feel ashamed.

"Fight me to make me feel better." Rocky declared, taking up a defensive position.

"Lucky...?" Minho asked unsurely, but he didn't know us.

"Oh, if that's the way you want it." I grinned. Rocky came forward and sent me a high kick, but I blocked her and flipped her over. As she fell, she kicked underneath my feet, causing me to backflip and land back on my feet; "Oh, you've gotten better."

"Almost as good as you?!" she stopped and held her hands close to her face, giving me the most adorable look ever.

I quickly caught her in a head lock; "You're trying to take my reputation?"

"No!" she whimpered; "I just wanted to ask!"

"Then yes, you're almost as good as me." I laughed, ruffling her hair as I let go. I then turned to my friends and back to Rocky; "Introduce yourself, dumb one."

Rocky, being flustered, bowed at them; "Hello, I'm Rocky, Lucky's my sunbae."

The others introduced themselves as I gave her the look; "Yah, haven't I told you to stop calling me your sunbae?"

"Lucky sunbae-nim!" she whined.

"Shut it, you." I groaned, tossing my head back; "When are you leaving?"

"After school ends, of course." she said cheerfully.

I looked at her, dreadfully; "You're going to school with us?"

"Yeah! Aren't you excited?!" she asked, beaming as she hopped in place; "I even asked auntie and uncle to live with you."

"No." I said simply.

"Aw, Lucky, don't be like that, this girl came all the way across the ocean for you!" Jessica shot in out of nowhere.

"Don't encourage her!" I sputtered to Jessica.

"Noona! Let her stay!" Taemin agreed with Jessica, taking my arm in both of his hands and shaking me around.

I rubbed my temple using my index fingers and sighed; "Fine." Without another wasted moment, I took the chance to escape to my room.


-Key's Pov-

I stared after her- should I follow her? That girl, Rocky, stopped me with her sigh. We looked at her in unison, seeing this distant, lonely look on her face.

"She hasn't changed." Rocky said, with the most miserable tone.

"Is that a bad thing?" Onew asked curiously.

"It is, considering how she used to be." Rocky replied, taking her cell phone out and handing it to him. Shocked, Onew gave it to me, and I stared at a young, innocent looking Lucky, with braided hair and a beautiful smile.

"What happened to my noona?" Taemin asked, peeking at the picture and turning towards the staircase.

"No one knows." Rocky answered; "Not even Hongki knows. She just stopped smiling after something happened between her and her former best friend."

I couldn't get the picture out of my head... what happened to her? That innocent Lucky... to turn into the girl she is now, what could have happened?

"What else do you know about her?" Minho asked, taking a sad glance at Taemin's hurt expression.

"She... was when she was younger." Rocky said, looking down at the ground.

"R..aped?" I heard myself ask.

"Yeah, but no one knows who did it." she nodded, just as footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

Taking one look at us, Lucky dropped the pillows in her arms and went forward to pinch Rocky's ear; "Stop telling them things they don't need to know."

"Noona." Taemin called softly, making Lucky turn to him; "Is... it true?"

Lucky didn't answer and turned her head away, only to lock eyes with me.

"He asked you a question." I told her firmly. I needed to hear it from her myself. I guess I was loud, for Jonghyun woke in a daze and asked around what was going on, only to get filled in by Jinny.

Taking large steps, Lucky stopped in front of Taemin and put a hand in his hair; "It happened a long time ago, I'm over it now."

"Noona." Taemin growled, slapping her hand off his head, shocking everyone; "That's a lie and you know it." Then he pulled her into his arms in a tight hug.

At first, no reaction came from Lucky, and she stood there with her arms down at her sides. I looked at her closely, seeing tears forming in her eyes, forcing her to blink them away. She didn't want to cry? She closed her eyes as Taemin held her. I felt my heart break, and for the first time in my life- I also felt useless.

"Lucky-ah." Jinny whispered, tears forming in her own eyes. Seeing Lucky like this saddened everyone to the point that we were all fighting our own waterworks. Everyone except Taemin, that is, who was shaking in his spot.

"Why are you sad Taemin? I heard Lucky asked in a sweet voice, lifting her arms to comfort him.

"I'm not sad noona, I'm angry." he said, his tone sounding more harsh than ever before; "How could something like that happen to my noona?"

"Taemin-ah, you think too much." Lucky sighed, pulling back from his arms and looking to us; "Really, nothing's changed."

"Really? Then how do you explain this picture?" I couldn't help but shout, shoving Rocky's phone at her.

She couldn't say a word as she stared at her own picture.

"Stop." she said, causing us all to look at her in confusion; "I've lived this long, being able to forget what happened and live happily, but now you're bringing this up. What happened back then changed me for the better, and I don't want to live my life the way I've lived back then."

"Noo-" Taemin was cut off.

"I said stop." Lucky said firmly, then skipping up the stairs to her room.

We had the most tense sleepover that night, and after that, for a while, things just weren't the same.