Rivals

Strange Circumstances

-Taemin's Pov-

Monday mornings were never for me. Last night I stayed up playing video games and fell asleep (in my bedroom this time) really late. I was still having a dream about dancing, when I felt something warm on my face. I opened my eyes to see Lucky had been calling me to wake me up, but she was speaking softly. Once she saw I was awake, she smiled; "Get up, I want you ready in an hour, understood?"

I nodded, unable to respond. She herself was wearing blue jeans and a long, plain crimson red tee shirt. She had a ripped black hoodie ontop of it, and her curly hair was pulled back into a ponytail... I don't know why, but she didn't seem as tough to me today.

I walked into my closet to look for what to wear, and picked it out pretty simply, red skinny jeans, and a black tank top, a leather vest was ontop, and I had my brown hair straightened neatly, black boots pulled on over my jeans. I quickly brushed my teeth in the bathroom and ate a bowl of cereal, meeting my cousin in front of her mustang.

Lucky looked me up and down with a smirk plastered on her face as she entered her mustang and muttered something incoherent. I already know that it's because the fashion sense here is so different from what she's been used to.

We got into class right before the bell, again. :o

I immediately went to my seat besides Key. On my other side was our friend Jessica. She's a snob sometimes, but she's been helping us. The truth is, Jessica is related to one of the guys from the "bad boys" of Cube Technical School. They call themselves Beast, and it makes sense. They're always coming here to pick a fight with us, but because of Jessica they don't come here to bug us.

Our rivalry started back when we were in the same school, the one we still go to, SM Highschool. We had lots of problems between each other, always so competitive... and since we were all bad boys, it got out of hand. They got transfered out and sent to Cube, and always sought revenge for the smallest things. Okay I admit it, sometimes we do cause problems, but no matter what we do they seem to hate us.

Anyway, as I took my seat, I noticed Lucky was up in front of the class, telling Jinny something right before the professor entered. Then, after quickly saying something to Jinny, she made her way to her seat, right beside Jonghyun. I already know Jonghyun has a thing for my cousin, don't tell him... but he talks in his sleep. He tries to act like he doesn't like her, but I know, deep down he does. And then there's Key, the diva. It's hard to tell if he likes her, because he's just such a... well, diva, but sometimes I notice him giving her curious looks. Onew has been in love with Jessica for ages, all of us knew that except for her, and he didn't make a move because she's related to BEAST's Gikwang. Minho might be shy, but I see the way he looks at Jinny. Pfft, it's funny, I'm supposed to be the innocent maknae, yet I see things no one else does.

Perceptive much? ;)

The morning classes ended in a daze, and before I knew it, we were in Lunch. But today was different, because they came to came to pay us a visit.


-Onew's Pov-

We were at our normal table, fangirls looking at us from all over the cafeteria. Lucky was in her normal spot with Jinny, which confused me because we actually didn't mind if they joined us. Doojoon, the leader of BEASTwalked into our cafeteria, his buds- Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, Gikwang, and Dongwoon behind him.

Well, we can be tough when we wanted. I stood up to face them the rest of SHINee flanking me; "You guys lost or something?"

Jessica joined us, but didn't act intimidating, only staring at her cousin in confusion; "What are you doing?"

"Why don't you tell us?" Yoseob asked. He held up his phone, and on it was a picture, someone had done graffiti on one of their cars.

"We already know it was you, so fess up." Junhyung glared threateningly.

"Have any proof?" Minho asked in reply.

"We don't need any, only losers like you would do something like this." Gikwang said bitterly.

"Look, we didn't do anything, so just get lost will you?" Key said in his diva attitude.

"Yeah, we wouldn't ever do something like-" Taemin began, but he was cut off.

"We don't need an alibi." Dongwoon grimaced. He grabbed the collar of Taemin's vest, readying his fist.

"Get your filthy hand off him." came a cool, but deadly voice. In the next moment, Dongwoon was on the floor, his arm twisted behind his back as Lucky stood over him.

"Getting your little girlfriend to fight for you?" Doojoon . For a brief second I saw her face and I myself felt nothing but plain fear. Her eyes were cold and her face betrayed no emotion.

She then turned her gaze to Doojoon, and he looked taken aback as well. She spoke, in a low, but deadly tone, each word dripping with venom; "I don't care who you are, or what your problem is... when someone messes with my family, they mess with me. Now, either you sit down and talk it out like civilized people, or I'll show you to the exit."

Right then, I only had one thought in my mind, *she might be tough, but she's tough for the right reasons*

I looked at Doojoon carefully; "What's it gonna be? You gonna talk, or you gonna walk?"

"We just want to know who did this to our car." Yoseob grimaced, showing us the picture once more.

Lucky yanked the photo out of his hand, smirking, checking the time when the picture was taken; "This was taken on Friday, the graffiti looks fresh... the guys were with me the entire time, they're innocent."

"Then who did it?!" Gikwang asked in a furious tone.

"This is the work of amateurs. Just look for any guy with a smug or nervous look on his face whenever he sees you." Lucky explained.

"Good job detective." Dongwoon said with sarcasm, he was still on the ground, afraid of the tough girl. She looked at him, shutting him up immediately.

"We'll help you find out who did this." I announced.

"Why?" Junhyung asked me.

"Because we want to prove we aren't the worst people in the world." Key answered for me. I held my hand out for Doojoon and he took it, a small, but genuine smile on his lips.

"Good luck." Lucky told us, ready to return to Jinny.

"Noona, will you help us?" Taemin asked her, using his puppy look against her. The guys of BEAST looked confused, but gave in, and so did Lucky.

"Meet us in the parking lot afterschool." I told Doojoon.

"We'll be there." Doojoon nodded.

The guys from BEAST left the cafeteria and Lucky eyed Taemin's clothes, walking forward to make sure it was still in one piece; "He's lucky I didn't break his arm."

Today when I saw her in class, I figured she was tond down a smudge, because she didn't look that tough like the day she had gotten there. But now, even with her hair up and everything, she scared me. Taemin looked a bit embarassed but Lucky didn't seem to care. Once she was done looking over him, her gaze shifted to us. None of us really got hurt, so she shrugged and she quickly left the cafeteria, and I wondered where she was going.


 

-Key's Pov-

Don't ask why, but the second she left the cafeteria I followed after her. I guess I just didn't want her to go get into more trouble. It seems to be attracted to her anyway. I heard my friends calling behind me, and I waved at them to tell them I would be back. I followed silently after Lucky, who stopped at her locker and turned my way; "Key?"

"Oh... hey Lucky." I said awkwardly, I was waiting for her to glare and ask me a hundred questions, but she didn't do that, she just waited for me to reach her side so we could walk at the same pace. I didn't know where it was we were going, but I followed beside her anyway. Turns out, we were heading to the school garden. I was confused, why would she want to go there? We stopped by one of the benches, and she sat down, leaving enough room for me to join her; "Hey Lucky, why did we come out here?"

"I can't think with all the people staring at me." Lucky answered. Oh, so it does bother her!

"What are you thinking about?" I had to ask. She looked at me skeptically, as if she was deciding whether or not to tell me, but shrugged at my question.

"To be honest, I kind of miss home." Lucky said truthfully; "I mean, I had my parents there... and my best friend. And here, I have Taemin, but it's not that easy for me to make friends, you know?"

"Have you tried being kinder?" I asked her sarcastically.

"I've tried." Lucky sighed; "I'm just not cut out for the 'friends' thing."

"Why not?" I was genuinely confused.

"I had a friend... er, her name was Cee Rya." Lucky began to explain "We had an argument... she told everyone one of my biggest secrets and everyone began to hate me... then we stopped talking. A little while later she came to ask for forgiveness, and I did forgive her... but she did the same thing a second time."

Wow, I didn't know Lucky would actually be so open with me. I mean, just a few days ago she hated me and my friends because of our 'bad boy' images. Now, here in this garden, she's telling me things I doubt she's told anyone else.

"And Key, I'm telling you now, if you tell anyone, I will rip your voice box out of your throat." Lucky warned me, as if she could read my thoughts. I only chuckled, I know she meant it, but I found it funny because she believed I would tell someone.

The bell rang, signaling the end of our Lunch period. Sadly, I didn't have any other classes with her, so I wouldn't be able to walk her or talk anymore. Right before I sprinted off, I said to her; "Meet us in the parking lot!"

"Alright!" Mindy called back as we walked our separate ways. I felt a smile on my lips, I was now just that much closer to her, aren't I special? ^_^

--

The final bell sounded and I walked to Jonghyun's SUV. He had driven us today, rather than Minho. Lucky still wasn't there, but BEAST was, with Hyunseung's 'Gang Van', (their backup car).

"Where's your tough girl?" Yoseob asked out of curiousity.

"I told her to meet us here after school." I shrugged.

"There she is, with Jinny!" Minho pointed out, his face brightening up as he spotted Jinny. This boy is so head over heels for Jinny, it isn't even funny. -.- Key Umma's gonna have to fix this!

Lucky stopped ahead of Doojoon; "Before we start looking, I have questions for you."

"What type of questions?" Gikwand asked suddenly, very cautiously.

"Who was the last person you guys really upset? Someone who looked weak looking?" Lucky questioned.

"Wasn't it some nerdy kid?" Junhyung asked his teammates warily; "wasn't his name Stephen?"

"What about him?" Hyunseung asked.

"Was it because he possibly didn't have a car?" I asked, I understood where she was going with it.

"Hehehe..." the BEAST boys laughed nervously.

"Then no offense, but you deserved it." Lucky smirked dismissively.

"Okay, yeah, we deserve it." Dongwoon said, bowing his head in shame. Wow, it's been how long? 5 hours since they met her? And she already has them wrapped around her finger.

"I'll make you a deal." Lucky told them; "I'll help you find the boy, but you have to be civilized, apologize, and work this out without any violence, understood?"

"You're telling them not to use violence?" Jonghyun asked in complete shock.

"For this sort of thing? Violence seems like the stupidest option." Lucky said calmly. I actually agreed with her. At that moment, Jessica walked over to her cousin and his friends.

"Are we going?" Jessica asked us in confusion, we'd been standing there for a while.

"Alright, alright." Gikwang nodded. We split into three vehicles- SHINee and Jinny with Jonghyun, BEAST and Jessica with Hyunseung, and Lucky on her own.

We got to wherever we were going pretty quickly, and saw, three quiet looking boys. We parked our vehicles, but only three people got out of them- Doojoon, Onew, and of course, Lucky.

I could see their conversation was going well. I saw this 'Stephen' character bow his head in shame, and the guys smiled, he looked up shyly. Lucky walked back our way and tapped the glass to my window, so I lowered it. She smiled at me, faintly, but it was still a smile!

"I think they just became friends." Lucky said in a confused tone, pointing at the boys she had just left. She yawned and looked past me to see Taemin giving her a happy smile and her own smile brightened, I swear, she needs to smile more, she looks beautiful. -.- Anyway, as she smiled, she spoke; "Stephen's paying for the damage, and whats-his-face is gonna get his 'gang' or whatever to stop bugging the kid at school."

"You really think they'll do that?" Minho asked her. I was just as curious, bad boys don't just forgive that easily.

"I told them I'm gonna be checking in every once in a while." Lucky nodded. That made us all chuckle, of course they were afraid of Lucky. She started backing away from the window as Onew approached; "I guess it's time to go home."

"Wait, no, take me with you!" Jinny shouted from her seat, smooshed between Minho and Taemin; "too- much- Y chromosome!"

"Get her out of my car." Jonghyun said, sticking his tongue out at her; "She's giving us cooties!"

"Naw, you guys have fun." Lucky said with a smile, and walked back to her car. We were all on our way back to Taemin's house, where we decided to catch up wih the BEAST members.

"Wait! Noona!" Taemin shouted. He swung his door open and jumped out, slamming it behind him as he ran to his cousin's Mustang. He entered the car, and Lucky began to drive away, and Taemin's face was seen as they drover, smiling at us.

"Traitor." We muttered.