Another Trouble

Strange Circumstances

-Lucky's Pov-

It's been a while since my last confrontation with Key. It helped me a lot, actually. I was actually able to open up to my new friends- laugh at Jonghyun's cheesiness, try to push Minho and Jinny closer, even try hinting at Jessica that the very chicken leader, Onew, had feelings for her. Although they were surprised at my changes, they were supportive, and seemed quite relieved. Taemin especially was taking advantage of the situation, using his aegyos to convince me to buy him things. Key stood by in a 'big brother' role, so to speak. He just watched what was happening with me and telling me at the end of each day if I was doing better or worse. I even stopped thinking about what had happened to me when I was younger, thanks to them. But nothing could help me from my current situation- having feelings for Key, the same boy coaching me through all of these changes. So, with them being Kingkas and stuff, I was kind of used to them receiving random confessions from girls that popped out left and right. What I wasn't expecting, was for it to happen right in front of me.

Key and I were walking to his locker when I saw someone I didn't exactly want to remember at the moment, Amber. She looked at Key with obvious admiration in her eyes and waved him over. I could see Key's expression from the corner of my eye, and he was definitely curious. Was I being a third wheel? I wanted to leave them alone, but I really wanted to know what she was going to say to him.

"Hey Key! Hey... Lucky..." her enthusiasm went down as she saw me, but she didn't back down.

"Oh, Lucky!" Key suddenly remembered having me right beside him. It stung a bit; "I'll see you after school, alright?"

I nodded. Well, it wasn't like I owned him or anything. Plus, it's not like they're going to start making out in front of me, right?

"Noona!" Taemin shouted at me from down the hall. For once, I found myself fortunate to have such an energetic cousin and happily walked toward him and away from the lockers.

Later that day, I saw them again. I was heading to the parking lot, but remembered something in my locker. On my way back, I saw them together.

"There's something I wanted to tell you all day, Key." Amber said nervously.

"Well, there's no need to be nervous." Key laughed; "Just spill it out, and I'll listen."

"The truth is... I like you a lot." Amber said, finding bursts of courage needed to complete her confession.

"You do?" Key was bewildered, and troubled at the same time.

I walked past then, finally given up on spying. It wasn't my business. Although I didn't want Key to date her, I couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted. When I walked by, they stopped their conversation and looked at me as if I were holding a machine gun and would shoot their heads off. Ignoring them, I held my posterboard, the thing I had retrieved from my locker, to my chest, and continued walking.

The grinning faces of Rocky, Jinny, and Jessica greeted me the moment I stepped up to my car, and I chuckled- they were going to ask me for a ride.

"Shut up and get in." I couldn't contain my laughter as they argued over who got shotgun, finally resulting in Jessica sitting up front.

These girls made me realize I had people I didn't want to lose again. Hongki, mom, dad, now Taemin and his friends... Key- they were all people I wanted to cherish from now on. When I got into the car, I looked to see Key was looking right at the car and making his way over speedily. I waved at the guys, receiving an eager wave from Taemin, and backed up to drive off. Finally home, I ran up to my room, ignoring my cousin and his friends. I wanted to head over to the dojo, as all of my time recently was spent changing into what my friends wanted of me. My body, had other plans, and I crashed onto my bed, yawning as the sleep crept into my eyes.

The door was opened, letting Key come in and smile at me nervously as he sat on the edge of my bed; "Hey, Lucky. I wanted to apologize for ditching you at the lockers.

"Why would you apologize?" I asked him, yawning once more; "It's not like I own you or anything."

"Well, I'm sorry anyway." he grinned at me as I sat back up and began gathering clothes to go train with. Suddenly, all of my sleep had gone away; "Also... you heard what Amber and I were talking about, right?"

"It doesn't matter, does it?" I asked him, looking for my cell phone; "It has nothing to do with me."

"Well... Amber wants to go out with me." he said in an embarassed tone.

I looked over at him; "Okay, congradulations."

His embarassment face turned into a stoic one as he got up from my bed; "So, it won't affect you if I date her?"

"Like I said, it has nothing to do with me." I replied, fixing my hair; "If you want to date her, marry her, have a kid with her, divorce her... whatever your future plans with her are, they don't include me, do they?"

"Yeah, nothing I do will concerns you." he grumbled, walking out of my room and lightly slamming it closed as he trampled down the stairs.

"What was that about?" I asked, wondering about his sudden anger; "Maybe I wasn't being supportive enough."

My car keys jingled as I grabbed them and went down the stairs, cutting through the living room; "Taemin-ah, don't wait up for me, I'm off to the dojo."

"Can I come?" he asked excitedly from the sofa; "I want to see noona practice."

"Not today kid." I laughed, looking over to the others; "Take care of him, will you?"

"Sure." Onew, Minho, and Jonghyun grinned up at me, while Key only stared at me.

"Get me some banana milk on the way, please?" Taemin asked, using his aegyo on me.

"Of course." I laughed, running out of the house and proceeding the way I wanted to.

---

It was a week later that a lot changed. Key and Amber had started going out, and looked pretty serious, if you asked me. I was still working on changing my attitude, but I felt like nothing was changing inside of me. Amber liked hanging out with my friends, actually, and joined our lunch table. We still didn't talk to each other directly, but would freely input our opinions in a group discussion. It was a thursday, after school, when Taemin announced that Amber should come over to his house.

"Hey, Lucky, can you drive her too?" Key asked me. Amber and I looked at each other, each daring the other to object. We were still tense, but they freely invite her to join us wherever we went.

"Lucky?" Rocky asked from beside me. I hadn't given a response yet, and I guess everyone took it as a no, deflating their shoulders.

"Maybe next time..." Taemin trailed off sadly.

Key gave me a disappointed look, and I groaned; "It's not like I even said anything! Why can't you just wait until I give you an answer, huh?"

They paused to look at me, Jinny grinning; "I call shotgun today."

"Come on." I nodded at Amber, and she cautiously made her way to my car.

"Thanks." she said simply, climbing in.

"Hey, Lucky." Minho called, and I looked over to him; "Hwaiting."

What was that for? I stared dumbly as he entered Jonghyun's SUV, and continued standing there as he rolled down the window and laughed at me, gesturing for me to get into my car. I scratched my head as I got into my mustang, immediately pulling out of the parking lot. I saw Amber looking at me through the rearview mirror, and I couldn't tell if she was smiling, or smirking. I hoped it was the first of the two, actually, as I didn't want to create any more problems.

When we got home, the girls took Amber to the living room, as the girl looked around and commented on the beauty of the home. I marched up to my room to change into my training clothes. Going back down the stairs, I noticed that my presence wasn't even missed as everyone easily got along with Amber. It confused me, on why Amber would suddenly pick to join these guys, as she already had her own friends.

The ringing of the landline surprised me and had Taemin hopping up from the sofa to reach the phone. He answered, and then looked over to me; "It's for you, noona."

For me?

I took the phone from Taemin, and placed it by my ear; "Hello?"

Mom- Lucky!

Me- Mom! Why did you call so suddenly?

Mom- I'm not allowed to call you when I miss you?

Me- I didn't mean it like that, you know! You never call unless something's up.

Mom- Alright, I just wanted to know... When is your vacation?

Me- Next month, why?

Mom- Why don't you and Taemin come over for a few weeks?

Me- I don't know mom, he has friends too...

Mom- Alright, then bring all of them!

Me- Mom! What are you talking about?

Mom- Just do it, it'll be fun for everyone. Oh, I have to go make dinner now, goodbye hun!

Me- Mom? Mo-

The dial tone cut into our conversation, and confused I put the phone back on it's hook before scratching my head in thought. Vacation? Home?

"Why would they come over for vacation?" I asked myself.

"Your parents are coming here for vacation?" Jinny asked, excited to meet them.

"No, they want... you... to go there." I said, turning around to see their eager faces.

"Really?" Onew asked; "Can we go? I want to go to the States."

"You want to go?" I asked, more than bewildered.

"Duh!" Rocky shouted, getting up and putting an arm around my shoulder; "Oh, and we can invite Hongki over too!"

"Oh no." I shook my head; "Not happening."

"Why not Hongki? I thought he was your best friend." Jonghyun laughed.

I didn't want to think about Hongki and how he'd react after finding out I'd be coming home for vacation. Amber looked curious, and I looked at her; "You can come too."

"Seriously?" Key asked from beside her.

"Well yeah, I don't actually care about going." I shrugged; "We have space in the private jet, anyway."

Like that, everyone had gotten really excited to go visit my home for vacation.