Confession

Strange Circumstances

-Key's Pov-

Amber, my girlfriend. What did I do? -.-

Why does Lucky have to be so dense?

Well, whatever happened then, it's still affecting my life now. Amber was actually surprisingly excited to go to the States for vacation. Everyone was, except Jinny, who wasn't sure if she could go. No one told Lucky this, of course, as we tried to solve this on our own.  At lunch today, a terrible Tuesday, a lot happened.

Amber and I walked into the cafeteria with her hand in mine. Many girls, and guys looked at us in pure envy, as we looked perfect. Too good to be true, actually. We were far from perfect, and we both knew it. She did this to get back at Lucky, even she admitted it. I did this to sort my feelings out for Lucky. Why does everything have to do with Lucky?

We took our normal seats, and I noticed that the only person who wasn't there... was again, Lucky. Well, I wasn't surprised. Lately, she and I had been avoiding each other at all costs. It was awkward to be alone together, for some reason. Eventually, she did make it to our table, taking a seat in a daze. Everyone noticed she was acting quite strange, considering how she usually acted. She had her head tilted to the side, her eyes locked on the entrance, something being held tightly in her hand, a paper of some sort which was beyond crumpled.

"Is she usually like this?" Amber asked doubtfully, staring at Lucky in a strange fashion.

"Noona?" Taemin asked, shaking Lucky's shoulder. Lucky merely looked at him, muttered something under her breath, and returned to looking at the door.

"Are you alright?" Onew asked, taking a break from eating his chicken.

"I've never been so confused in my entire life." she sounded it too, the way her voice came out.

"What happened?" Jinny asked curiously. Suddenly, Lucky tossed the unknown paper that she was holding, out to Jonghyun, who had barely caught it.

He skimmed through it, suddenly bursting out into laughter; "It's a love letter!"

My heart tightened, hearing those words. I didn't like that other boys were making moves on Lucky, the girl who wouldn't even give me a chance.

"What about this is confusing?" Minho asked, taking a look at the note.

"The fact that I haven't done anything to make anyone like me." she answered in her daze; "I got into a rivalry with you, attacked Dongwoon, flipped Luna and Hana into a pool, and got into a fight with Amber..."

"Who is it? Does it say?" Taemin asked worriedly.

"Kris Wu." Lucky answered, making Jessica gasp.

"One of the exchange students? He and his friends just came from China and live with their friends that live here."

"Oh, Exo?" Onew asked in understanding.

"Well, he's good looking, at least." Jinny said in thought. Minho gave her a look, and I frowned. Kris?

"Oh, I know them." Amber thought aloud; "Chen used to date Victoria."

"Are you going to say yes?" Rocky asked Lucky.

"No." Lucky said without hesitation; "Hell no-"

"Why not?" A deep voice asked from behind her, making Lucky turn around in surprise; "I poured my heart out to you and you deject me without another thought?"

"But I don't know you." Lucky said in a confused manner.

"So go on a date and get to know me." Kris chuckled. He pointed over his shoulder where one of his friends stood; "Tao won't let me live it down if you reject me."

"Are you trying to guilt me into it?" Lucky said miserably, almost falling for his trap.

"Sorry Kris hyung." Taemin said suddenly; "I'm not giving my noona to anyone."

I could have hugged the kid and kissed him a million times, but I didn't, because of this.

"Buing buing~" Tao did an aegyo at Lucky; "Please go out with Kris just once."

Damn it. An Aegyo?!

Lucky's cheeks pinked and she looked around, but sighed in resignation finally; "ONE date."

"There you go gege." Tao smiled, clasping Kris on the back and walking off.

"Come on, I want you to meet my friends." Kris smiled, holding his hand out for Lucky.

"Oh, sure." she cleared , getting up from the table and following him without making any skin contact.

"Well who woulda guessed Lucky would be fortunate enough to catch the eye of an Exo member." Jessica sighed sadly, Jinny nodding as well, leaving Onew and Minho grimacing.

"I don't see anything special about him." Rocky grumbled.

"Why do you sound so grumpy?" Amber asked, surprised.

"She's supposed to be with Hongki." Rocky answered stabbing the table with a plastic fork.

"He likes her that way?" Jonghyun asked curiously.

"I should think so." Rocky shrugged; "You haven't seen the way he looks at her when they're alone."

"Does she know?" I couldn't help but ask. Don't tell me Lucky's the type to keep a person around even when she doesn't like them the way they like her.

"Nope, she's oblivious." Rocky answered, and I could feel my eyes roll- was she always oblivious? She was oblivious to me too.

"He's going to take my noona." Taemin pouted, then shouting across the cafeteria; "I do not approve, noona!"

Lucky looked back and stared at Taemin with wide eyes, trying to come back to the table but was stopped by the one known as Do Kyungsoo, one of the Korean students when he held her arm. I just knew what was going to happen next, that she would do something rash and try to break his arm. Kris gently yanked Kyungsoo's hand off and smiled at Lucky to make her return to us.

Bowing, Lucky left them and returned to us with a smile on her face; "They're a funny bunch."

I was surprised, by how quickly she became comfortable with them, but her confusion came back; "I can't believe I said yes."

"You need to stop being affected by aegyo." Minho pointed out.

"Noona, cancel your date with him." Taemin pouted, pulling on her sleeve.

"I can't Taemin, that's rude." she sighed; "But I should. I don't even know if I'm coming back next year. My parents only wanted me to stay here for this year."

"So, you're leaving?" I asked, feeling an anchor drop down on me.

"Why else do you think my parents invited you to our house?" she smirked.

"But I can't go." Jinny said out loud accidently, voicing her thoughts on impulse.

"Why not?" Lucky asked in wonder.

"She doesn't have the money." Minho said with a sigh.

"Oh, don't worry about that!" Lucky laughed, surprising all of us; "My parents already rented the private jet."

"Noona, do you have to leave?" Taemin changed the subject.

Lucky looked at him briefly, blinking her eyes as a soft smile reached her lips, "No, but I'd like to. I miss my parents, and my old school, and of course, I miss Hongki..."

The way Hongki came out of her lips, it made my stomach clench in jealousy. However, the jealousy only reached it's peak when Kris returned to our table, taking a seat beside Lucky, smiling at her.

"Oh, you're back." Lucky said, tilting her head to look up at his tall figure. 

"Yeah, the kids won't stop being noisy." Kris grinned, pointing over his shoulder. 

Onew didn't seem to like Kris' presence at the table either, as it took Jessica's curiosity off him, "Ah, should we go tell them to be quiet, then?"

"No, it won't work." Lucky chuckled, and the majority of us raised an eyebrow at her.

Kris lauged as well, nodding, "The younger ones only get angry when people tell them to be quiet, and talk even louder."

"Oh really, they're like that?" Jinny asked, her lips forming a kind smile as she turned to look at them. Minho was not liking that at all.

Taemin pouted over at Kris, "You're not trying to steal my noona, are you?"

Kris winked over at Taemin, his hands out in surrender, "Of course not. I'm just borrowing her once in a while, that's all."

Raising an eyebrow, I looked at Kris, but stayed silent. I saw Amber smirking through the corner of my eye, "You two look good together."

"We do?" Kris and Lucky asked together. Kris was more positive about it, however.