Preparing

Strange Circumstances

Lucky's Pov-

It's been a week since Kris confessed to me. We went on our first date, and surprisingly, it was fun. It turned out that he started liking me because of the way I had stood up to SHINee the first day I'd gotten here. His friends, called Exo, knew SHINee, but weren't popular enough to be considered equal to them.

My situation had grown to be a lot dimmer, as Kris seemed to be really interested in me. In school, he'd wait for me by my locker and walk me to each class, and for lunch, he'd usually pull me to eat with his friends, who grew on me. They seemed shy and serious, but really they were just an extended version of SHINee.

As I was leaving school, I saw Key and Amber. Amber smiled at me, giving off a light wave as Key just nodded and walked away. I felt my heart break, as Key didn't even want to give me a glance and chose Amber over me. I didn't have much time to gloom over this, as Kris walked up from behind, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Why are you still here?" He asked, a grin playing his lips.

I'd grown used to Kris' random acts of skinship, as he only did in a joking manner, and would quickly retract, as he did right then. Feeling suddenly playful, he took my hand in his, pulling me to the parking lot. Exo liked parking their cars all the way at the end of the lot, past where we usually parked, so I allowed him to drag me over there.

"Did anything special happen, for you to be so excited?" I asked, laughing lightly at him.

We stopped in front of my car, where everyone else was already. Kris leaned in and pecked my lips before running off, "It just did."

That was my first kiss. I didn't mind it taken away like that, though, as I found his antics to be quite cute and childish. I covered my mouth as a round of laughter took over.

"What just happened?" Jonghyun asked, his eyes widened. He looked over to Kris, who had looked back at me.

"Have a nice day, Lucky~" Kris shouted.

Taemin blocked his view of me, a scowl on his face, "You cheated, Kris hyung!"

Rocky took my arm and pushed me over to the car, "Hurry, I want to get home."

Her voice was slightly bitter, and as I looked at her to explain the sudden mood, I noticed Amber was standing by awkwardly. We still haven't been able to be natural with each other, so I only nodded to let her know I'd give her a ride too.

"Lucky." Minho tapped my shoulder, and as I turned to him, he winked, grinning, and getting into the car without a word.

My face was starting to heat up with embarrassment, which is when Key decided to brush past me into the car, with a light graze of the shoulder.

Waking myself up, I shook my head  at Minho who was still chuckling, and climbed into the car, driving off to the house. As I had no plans for the rest of the day, I ended up staying in the living room, surprising them, as I usually escaped to my room the instant I got home.

"So, Lucky, tell me." Jessica grinned, leaning in to me on the couch, "How do you like Kris?"

I tilted my head to the side in thought. The men in the room weren't very interested, except Taemin, who had a large scowl on his face. The girls, however inclined their heads to me to hear what I was saying.

"He's alright." I answered, taking my cell phone out to go through the pictures he took of himself. I sighed as I started deleting them. It felt wrong for me to have his pictures on my phone when I was only interested in Key, and it also felt wrong that I had feelings for Key when I was with Kris.

"What's that sigh for?" Jinny asked, leaning in close and rubbing my arm in comfort.

"Is he bothering you?" Key asked, raising an eyebrow. As that was the first form of verbal contact we've had with one another in a while, I couldn't say anything in response to his question.

I shrugged at Key, looking over to see Taemin had a laptop and was staring around blankly, "Can I borrow your laptop?" Silently, Taemin passed the laptop to me and I immediately my Skype, calling Hongki.

Hongki raised his eyebrow at me and let out a scoff, "You've finally called, what do you want?"

Rocky pushed my head out of the way and leaned into the screen, "Hongki sunbae~!"

As I pushed her head away, Hongki laughed, "Girls, girls. There's no need to fight. I love you both."

on her teeth, Rocky snorted and turned away from Hongki, "Jerk."

Hongki and I both chuckled as he called her attention back, "What's up, Rocky?"

"Sunbae, Lucky has a boyfriend." Rocky said with a smirk on her lips. I hadn't told Hongki knowing he would only cause me great pain.

"You? A boyfriend? Is he blind?" Hongki asked teasingly, and I could feel my face harden.

"He's really handsome." Jinny told Hongki, which only made the matter worse.

"Maybe he's using her." Key said, but more as a side thought.

"Most likely." Hongki agreed, shrugging in thought, "You didn't kiss him, did you?"

"No, but that jerk kissed my noona." Taemin pouted, throwing the pillow in a random direction and hitting Jonghyun straight in the face/

Jonghyun took the pillow, throwing it right back, "He ran as soon as he gave it to her, though."

"Smart guy." Hongki whistled, letting out a chuckle, "No doubt she would have punched him."

"N-no I wouldn't have..." I said softly, which made everyone stare at me.

"Did you just say you wouldn't punch him?" Amber asked, her eyes wide. She herself knew better than anyone that a simple thing would land a punch on their faces by me.

"Are you sick?" Onew asked in the same manner.

"I'm not sick." I scratched my head as I shrugged, "He's just cute."

"Cute?" Hongki asked, dumbstruck, "Did you just call someone other than Taemin... cute?"

"Yes, I did." I laughed, "On our date, he took me to this restaurant, and since I was being stubborn, he bought this huge slice of cake and shoved half of it in my mouth."

"Do you like him, noona?" Taemin asked, puffing his cheeks out sadly.

"Well, I don't love him, but he's fun to be around, and whenever we're together he drags me over to his friends." I answered, my attention faltering off of Hongki when the doorbell rang.

The one who got up was Minho, running over to open the door, "Why are you here?"

I heard another voice, making my ears perk up in recognition.

"No, it can't be." I said, blushing greatly as Kris came into view, holding a bag in his hands, which I soon realized was my schoolbag.

Rocky took the laptop from me and faced the camera to Kris, "That's the boy."

"You're right, he is handsome." Hongki said loudly enough to make Kris grin in embarassment.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, confused on how he ended up with my bag.

"The kids were playing a prank on you and stashed your bag in my car." he answered, rubbing the back of his neck as he chuckled softly

I stook up and walked to him, taking my bag in my hands, "You didn't need to come all this way, you know."

"Yeah, hyung. You didn't need to come here." Taemin glared at him, "What if you're just trying to corrupt my noona with your lips again?"

"W-what?" Kris asked, bursting into laughter, "It was a harmless little peck. Don't worry, I'd rather not have her break my jaw by kissing her when she doesn't want it."

"He's a good boy." Hongki laughed as well,  "You have my blessings."

"Your blessings?" I scoffed at Hongki, "Who are you, my father?"

"Uh, who is that?" Kris asked, leaning into me.

Rocky stood up, pushing the two of us away from each other, "That, over there is Hongki, Lucky's best friend."

"Oh, but I thought her best friend was Key." Kris answered, tilting his head.

I looked at Key and shrugged, my mouth moving on its own, "Key? I guess he's my second best friend."

"You're really popular over there." Hongki grinned, wiggling his eyebrows, "Best friends, cousins, kingkas, queenkas, even boyfriends."

"Well, we're not really friends." Amber said suddenly, and I'm sure it was more to herself. I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"Y-yah, what does that mean?" Key asked her, turning his head in her direction.

"Oh, right, you two got in a fight, right?" Kris realized, nodding his head in understanding, "The two toughest girls in school going at each other, of course it's going to be a bumpy friendship."

"Thank you." Amber and I both said, which made us stare at each other before small smiles tugged at our lips.

"By the way, your mom called." Hongki grinned again, pointing an accusing finger, "How dare you plan on coming to visit without letting me know."

"Because no one wants to see you." I glared, then snapping my head at Kris, "Would you like to come too? You can bring your friends around too." I didn't have to look to know someone was giving me a glare. I thought it was Taemin, so I didn't bother to care about it.

"Ah, actually, we can't." Kris grinned, shaking his head, "We're headed off to China, because my kids have been getting homesick. I was actually going to ask you to join us."

"Really?" I asked, widening my eyes, "I've never been to China."

"Go to China another time." Hongki shouted, interrupting the two of us, "I haven't seen you in almost half a year. If you don't come home... I'll burn all of your trophies."

That man knew my trophies meant a lot to me, but Jonghyun interjected, "Did she have a lot of trophies?"

"Are you kidding me? They have these giant cases just for her trophies." Rocky pouted, then grinning, "She even put one of my trophies there because she was proud of me."

"I should go." Kris squeaked, quickly turning to escape my crazy friends, "But first..."

Before I knew it, Kris had pecked my lips and run off again, "Yah! You don't just kiss and run, you know."

"He's asking for it." Taemin stood up, rolling his sleeves upward to go after Kris, only being stopped by Minho and Jessica.

"He's got guts, at least." Key muttered, and I looked at him.

"No doubt, I'd be running away before making it to your lips." Amber chuckled, and I tilted my head, "What? You are scary, you know."

Did Amber just call me... scary?

"This is all your fault." I pointed straight at Key.

"How is it my fault when you said yes?" he shot back, getting irritated. I glared at him, and he glared right back. I didn't know why, but suddenly, Key had become my biggest enemy, as well as the love of my life.

WAIT, back track.

Love of my life?

Not happening.