Slow Changes

Strange Circumstances

-Lucky's Pov-

I wondered what day of the week today was, and realizing it was only wednesday, groaned in thought. Now, as the others were happily eating their lunch and talking about whatever teenagers talked about, hearing someone suddenly groan doesn't bring good news.

"Something wrong Lucky?" Rocky asked, looking at me strangely.

"Today's wednesday." I groaned once more, resting my head on the table; "Why are weeks so long?"

"To give you more time with the people you love, Noona." Taemin said surely.

"The people I love?" I asked, whipping my head back up with an actual pout; "But they shipped me here."

I decided, that, if these guys were serious about changing me, I might as well go along and help them.

"Wait, don't you love us?" Onew asked, pouting right back.

I looked at him, but went back to resting my head on the table; "Just shut up, you."

"Oh, I guess noona doesn't love me." Taemin sighed.

"I didn't mean that!" I shot back; "Do I really have to spell it out for you? Okay, I will. I LOVE YOU GUYS."

Embarassed with my confession, I turned away and glared at a suspicious Amber, walking our way.

She walked past our table, commenting about us, purposely irritating me so we would have another fight and she would have another chance to beat me. I was close to complying, acutally. I could see the fist I formed over the table clearly, and was aware of the looks Taemin and Key were giving me.

Finally, before walking away, she made a last comment about Taemin, and it set me off. I tried to get up and run after her, but I was held in place by an unknowingly strong Minho.

"Minho, let go of me before I hit you." I growled. They knew I was about to explode, by the way they were looking at each other, but none of them made a move to release me.

Jonghyun started singing suddenly, soon joined by the rest of his friends, and as I found myself captivated into their music, I began forgetting my anger. Hongki's dream was to become a singer, and hearing these guys sing, I just know, that singing isn't just a hobby, it's much more than what normal people can understand. It takes a lot of a person to fully understand music. Everyone in the cafeteria, including the girls at my table, and Amber and her friends found themselves drawn into the incredibly talented singers' abilities.

As they stopped singing, applause errupted from everywhere, and I couldn't do anything. Angry because I didn't have those talents, and frustrated because they did that just to cheer me up, I stayed quiet for the rest of the lunch time.

Afterschool, I tried avoiding them, but as Rocky, Jinny and Jessica usually get rides from me now, it was impossible.

"Noona!" Taemin called from ahead, resting his body on Jonghyun's SUV. Beside him stood Onew and Jonghyun, both of them staring at me in an odd fashion.

"Lucky!" I heard someone call, and turned to see Amber walking toward me. She stood in front of me, but before anything could be said, a sour Minho walked in between us and pulled me away.

"If she said one thing wrongly, you'd pummel her." he answered simply, continuing his footsteps.

"What just happened?" Onew asked curiously. I didn't answer and stood there, waiting for the three girls to come out of the school, seeing they were walking with Key.

I wanted to enter my car, but Taemin grabbed my arm. I looked into his eyes and saw something in them that reminded me of when I was younger. An innocence, so strong that it had left me in the worst way possible, and left me hanging on a string. I cringed as those thoughts filled my mind, and I think he noticed.

"Noona?" he asked, invading my many thoughts.

Pulling away quickly, I almost smacked Jonghyun across the face, and was only stopped by Onew's hand trapping my own. Panic rose within me as I had once again pulled away and climbed into my car, locking the doors and resting my head on the steering wheel. My heart raced because of my thoughts, thoughts which had been buried because of my many years of fighting them. Because of my cousin and his friends, these thoughts battled their way out.

Someone tapped on my window, but I couldn't move. I was petrified to the point that I wanted nothing more than to just hide in a little hole. The car shook because of some outside force. I had to find out who was shaking the car, but my racing heart wouldn't calm down enough to let me.

"Lucky!" Rocky shouted from outside; "Open the doors."

I asked myself why I would open the door, to let them see my weak state?

"Lucky Noona!" Taemin called as well; "Let me in, noona!"

I had to get away, I had to move- but I couldn't. My body wouldn't listen, and my mind was pounding with the rhythm of my heartbeat. Then, the singing came back. It soothed me slowly, and I could feel myself breathing again. My hand moved after a few moments of their singing, and I unlocked the car doors.

My door was thrown open and I was held tightly. By who, I didn't realize until the person started whispering in my ear; "It's okay, nothing happened."

Why was Key holding me? All these years, I've been able to comfort myself in times like this- not even my parents had to be brought into my problems. How weak did they think I was, to get Key to hold me like this, treating me like a little child? Exhaustion filled me, and I slowly let my eyes closed, sure that they would keep me safe.

I woke up to find myself in my bed. Who put me there, I didn't know, but I was truly grateful. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time. It's only been an hour since we left school. I got out of bed and walked out of my room, hearing their voices down the stairs. They were talking about me.

"She's worrying me." Jinny said.

"If she's having panic attacks, we need to get her to a psychiatrist." Jessica said. I froze, remembering my last time with my psychiatrist and remembering how he said all I needed to do was cope with what had happened. It worked of course, for a while, until I saw the man who did it again. As I hadn't officially claimed anything against him, I was vulnerable, and he knew it. I eventually just decided to be completely drown myself in my martial arts, and forgot about it... until recently, that is.

I needed air. I couldn't breathe thinking about my past, so I ran down the stairs into their view and grabbed my car keys, making my way to the door; "Don't wait for me."

"Lucky-" Rocky was saying, cut off as I slammed the door behind me, running a hand through my messy hair and running to my car.

I had only gotten to the car door when I heard someone run after me, and before I could escape, Key had already caught up and pushed me into the passenger seat of the car and driving us himself. I wanted to say something, but something about Key's expression stopped me- he looked stoic and would glance over at me every once in a while just to his teeth and turn back. Suddenly, in front of the park, he pulled over, and hit the steering wheel, leaning back in his seat.

"Key, are you alright?" I asked cautiously.

"How long do you plan on keeping everything to yourself?" he asked, huffing out in frustration; "Can't you see how hard everyone tries to get you to open up to them?"

"That's just the thing, I can't open up to them." I said, my own frustration seeping out.

"Well you can open up to me." he growled, looking over to me; "Why is that?"

"I don't even know!" I shouted, despite the small space separating us. I turned to him; "Why is it you're always with me?"

"You really don't know?" He grimaced, closing the distance between us as I leaned backward. Was it bad, that my heart was beating ferociously now? Was it bad, that I wanted him to kiss me? He didn't do that, no, instead, he flicked my forehead and went to his own side of the car.

"I'm sorry." my voice was hardly audible as it came out, but I continued; "but I'm changing, slowly."

"Take your time, changing." Key said firmly, looking at me with a soft smile; "Just talk to us more, okay?"

"Deal." I said, muttering under my breath. But I realized, that would only be simple when I sorted out these strange feelings I had toward Key.

Wait, feelings for Key? Impossible!