Transfer Student

Strange Circumstances

-Jonghyuns Pov-

Today was supposed to be a simple day of classes, NOT. Who goes to school to study, pffft. My parents are filthy rich, it's not like I'll actually need the classes anyway. But I go anyway, to keep my girls happy. But it gets boring, to tell you the truth, having all these girls clinging onto my arms all the time. It's like they don't know what personal space is. And I already know my best buds know what I mean. SHINee, the baddest bad boys around.

There's me, Jonghyun, as well as my buds- Onew, Minho, Key, and the youngest, Taemin. We all pretty much have everything we could ever ask for. It's not like we need much more, we're respected by everyone, have the best reputations as bad boys, and no one can take that away from us.

I cracked my neck, it's been sore lately. I was just resting in class, as one of the first people there, and that's when I noticed this awkward little girl... Jinny, I think her name was. She doesn't talk unless one of the teachers asks her a question, and even then she never says anything important, she's actually pretty much a dimwit. I smirked at her as she caught my gaze. Her cheeks seemed to redden as she looked away quickly.

Hehe, even she can't avoid my gaze. >:D But then again, that's a good thing. I have power over pretty much everyone in the school. I heard my name being called. I looked to Jinny, but it obviously wasn't her, she was too busy singing to herself... some song I have never heard or cared for before in my life. It was actually a friend of SHINee's Jessica. She was like a bodyguard and kept away the annoying fangirls... but not all of them, for we still need to have fun, don't we? ;)

I nodded at her shortly; "Hey Jess."

She came up behind me, wrapping her slender arms around my torso from behind as she hugged me and whispered in my ear; "She bothering you? she obviously meant Jinny, who minded her own business and kept her gaze out of the window.

"Naw, she doesn't even look like she's alive." I answered her. It was true, Jinny hardly moved, just kept her gaze locked on whatever was outside. The first bell sounded, and a full load of people filed into the room, including my best buds.

"Hey, freak." Jessica called, out to Jinny; "Breathe you idiot, or are you some sort of freakin' zombie?"

Jinny sighed softly and turned to face the front of the room, her good mood just busted. It was always like this, and Jinny would never fight back. How could she? Jessica had a huge reputation and her social life would be trashed if she spoke out. That made me smirk, she had no social life to have trashed.

The professor walked into the class and skimmed over the seats as his way of taking attendance. His face lit up as he noticed everyone was there, only one chair, which was usually empty, was still there untouched. He clapped to catch everyone's attention.

"Hey bro." Onew whispered to me. We, my group, sat all the way in the back where we could converse freely; "Did you forget you were supposed to drive us to school today?"

"Sorry bro." I chuckled under my breath; "I guess I did forget."

"You owe me." Minho grumbled; "Do you know how long it takes for us to drag Key out of his house? He's usually out early for you since you scare him."

"He doesn't scare me." Key argued; "I just like him more."

I began to chuckle again, Key was just too much of a diva, even as a bad boy. The professor gave us crooked looks, but kept his commentary to himself. He was too scared of calling me out, because the last time he had, my parents had almost gotten him fired. He continued talking, even as we spoke to each other.

Notes were being flung to our desks by girls who were "in love" with us. It amuses me, all a guy has to do to be noticed is have an attitude and a lot of money.

There was a soft, but steady knock on the door. The professor nodded to Jinny, who quietly stood and moved to the door. I stopped myself from letting out a fake gasp. She actually moved for once! We were all watching the door, curious about who was there. Jinny pulled the door open, and another girl walked inside the classroom. She was actually... pretty. She was of a medium height, maybe reaching my height, and had curly black hair. She had this sort of "tough girl" aura on her as she strode up to the professor in her ripped black skinny jeans and white button down.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" the professor asked her. She smiled meekly at him and turned to us.

I watched her as her expression went from cheerful to dull; "The name's Lucky, call me anything else and I won't respond." The professor looked taken aback, but didn't say anything, and pointed to the one empty desk... and you guessed it, it was right next to me.

Won't this be interesting? ;P


 

-Lucky's Pov-

I can already tell who's popular and who's unpopular. They keep themselves distanced, populars at the back of the room, unpopulars at the front. Myself? My parents are wealthy, yes, but I'm not exactly looking for popularity. I just live how I want, and when people mess with me they get to see my brutal side. I made my way to the far end of the classroom. There, was a full row of "bad boys" and with them, the "queen bee" of the school.

They pretended I was nothing but a pesky fly, making me smirk inwardly. That's exactly how I wanted it. I didn't want to know them, or be known by them. I slid into my seat quietly, placing my 5 subject notebook onto the desk as I began to follow the professor's lecture. Suddenly, a note landed on my desk. I glanced at it and then looked around, it was one of the so called bad boys, the one sitting right next to me, and he winked at me like he was planning on turning me into his new toy or something.

They call me Jonghyun, but you can call me anytime, I read from the note. I didn't give it another thought as I scoffed, rolling up the note to throw it out on my way out of the classroom. I looked up to see the professor giving me a glad, yet confused look. That confused me, did he actually expect me to be all over whoever this Jonghyun person was? AS IF.

But the professor wasn't the only one giving me a look. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the rest of the students in my row, Jonghyun and a bunch of guys and this one girl... they just stared at me like one of them was gonna kill me. I smirked at that, *now they're trying to scare me?! PLEASE!*

"You should know, your 'charm', or whatever it is, won't work on me." I laughed bitterly to them. They gave me disbelieving looks. I only sat back in my chair, relaxing myself as I copied notes. It wasn't long before the bell rang and I sighed silently, *One class down, 5 more, and Lunch, to go.*

I was about to walk out of the classroom, but I was cut off rudely by the guys in my row as they pushed their way out of the room to leave before everyone else. I ended up being almost the last person to leave, but not before seeing the girl from my row make fun of the other girl who opened the door for me.

Kindly, I walked up to the shy girl and I smiled; "Hello, my name is Lucky. Would you like to be friends?"

"You want... to be friends with me?" the girl asked shakily and awkwardly.

"Of course." I said brightly; "What do you say?"

"My name is Jinny." she said after a moment of hesitation, she must have believed I was playing her or something,

"You know, we're gonna have to work on that shyness of yours." I told her as we left the room and walked in the hallways; "Hey, what do you do during lunch?"

"Oh, I usually sit alone." Jinny admitted solemnly; "People don't like me because I'm so quiet."

"Aw! Then people are stupid." I told her with a cheeky smile; "I would love to join you for lunch."

"That would be... great." Jinny said, unable to stop the smile from spreading across her face.

"Then I'll see you during lunch!" I told her, walking away; "Now I'm off to find my next class."


 

-Onew's Pov-

Today was an interesting day. First, Jonghyun forgets to drive us to school, then the new girl comes into class. The shocking part, she didn't fall for Jonghyun's charm. We were currently in Lunch, and I was just trying to eat my chicken in peace (despite the stares of many girls) when I felt myself being nudged and looked curiously at Minho, who was actually pointing at one of the further tables. Usually, a single girl would sit there all alone and would be oblivious to what was going on until Jessica or someone else would make fun of her.

But today was different. The new girl, Lucky actually joined her, and Jinny looked happy about it. They chattered to each other about morning classes and I couldn't help but stare at Lucky. She was just so strange, what girl doesn't fall for Jonghyun's pickup lines? I actually said that outloud by accident.

Taemin seemed to agree; "She just shot down my hyung."

"It's alright Taemin." Jonghyun said, trying to stay cool, allthough we knew different.

"And she's with that freak." Jessica said in pure disgust; "I'll be right back guys." she snapped her fingers, two of her very loyal followers behind her as she went off to tease Jinny. The whole cafeteria went quiet and I listened intently to what Jessica was saying; "Oh Jinny, I really love what you're wearing." Jinny was just wearing a baggy hoodie and skinny jeans; "The Salvation Army is very kind, isn't it?"

Jinny looked down, embarassed. Lucky stared laughing, very loud. Jinny looked up, but Lucky wasn't even laughing at her. Even I stared at Lucky strangely. Lucky took a moment to calm down and looked up at Jessica, pointing at the dress Jessica was wearing; "That's funny. I come from America, and the last time I saw those clothes was on a child's barbie doll. So obviously you're plastic."

Jessica's face went red in humiliation and anger, and the cafeteria seemed to tense even more. Lucky waved her hand, dismissing Jessica, but Jessica didn't move an inch. Lucky shrugged and continued talking to Jinny. I had to admit it, this girl had a lot of guts.

"Excuse me, I'm not done here." Jessica hissed.

Lucky just rolled her eyes as she stood up, slamming her hands on the table as she stood; "Do you enjoy making fun of others? Of course you do, and it's because you're an insecure little b*tch. There's no reason in the world good enough to allow you to be so cruel to another person." This time she spun Jessica back in our direction and gave her a little shove; "You belong over there, with people just like you."