Chapter 17

BOF the story continues..

 

Chapter 17

 

Yi Jung's heart pained when he saw Ga Eul lying on the hospital bed looking so pale. He took the earliest plane back to Seoul the moment he received the phone call from Ajumma Han. "Doctor, how is my wife?" Yi Jung asked frantically, praying hard that Ga Eul and their baby is okay, otherwise there will be a lot of regret and sadness Ga Eul and him must go through.

"Mr So, don't worry, your wife is fine, we've managed to stop the bleeding. But i strongly advise that Mrs So be very careful as she is only a month away from her due date."

Yi Jung nodded, "Yes we will, thanks so much, doctor."

Yi Jung held Ga Eul's hands and sighed, he really regretted for saying yes to Eun Jae's request, he wouldn't blame Ga Eul for being so sad, he would be sad too if his wife were to have a one-to-one dinner with her ex-boyfriend without letting him know. Ga Eul opened her eyes and scanned her surroundings, she immediately asked Yi Jung, "My baby..." Yi Jung held Ga Eul's hands tighter, "Jagiya don't worry, our baby is fine.."

Ga Eul smiled a little, she felt relief that her baby is fine, but seeing Yi Jung now made her heart ache. She bite her lips and refused to look at Yi Jung.

"Jagiya, please.... I'm really sorry, Eun Jae turned up at my office and wanted to have a dinner with me...Jagiya...please, i did not hug her okay..." Yi Jung pleaded, earnestly hoping that Ga Eul would believe him. Ga Eul was reminded of the pictures and started to cry. "Jagiya! I'm really sorry.. please.. it was a misunderstanding, i should have turned Eun Jae down, i promise this wouldn't happen again.." Yi Jung said as he hugged his sobbing wife into his arms. God knows how heart broken he was to see his wife crying like this.

Ga Eul spoke in between her sobs, "Jung ah, you must be punished." Ga Eul said jokingly. Her heart softened the very minute she heard Yi Jung's explanation. Her husband must have taken the earliest flight back upon receiving news about her condition, and this explains everything doesn't it? Ga Eul was determined to trust Yi Jung.

Yi Jung smiled, his Jagiya was finally willing to look and talk to him. "Jagiya, okay, anything you say..." "Really o..? Urmm...you'll sleep in the garden tonight then.." Ga Eul stick out her tongue. "Mwo?! Yah Jagiya... i can't be separated from you yah..." Yi Jung pouted. Ga Eul finally laughed as she wiped her tears and Yi Jung hugged her even tighter, "Jagiya... I'm sorry, next time if i ever needed to go outstation, i'm bringing you with me." Ga Eul smiled.

 

.......

 

Jae Kyung was happily meddling around the kitchen this morning at home. Last night's memories were still fresh in Jae Kyung's mind and every time she thinks about it, she blushes. Finally, she made the transition from a girl to a woman. Did she regretted it? Nope, it was beautiful, Woo Bin gave her lasting memories of her first night.

Jae Kyung propped her cookbook open in front of her as she started her baking. It was nearing Valentines day and she wanted to surprise Woo Bin by making his favourite mocha tiramisu cake for him. And with all the cooking classes Jan Di forced Ga Eul and her to attend, she is confident that she will be able to bake a nice and cute cake for Woo Bin. Hohoho, she couldn't hide the happiness she was feeling this very instant, her eyes, brows, nose and mouth were all smiling.

 

.........

 

Jae Kyung was eagerly waiting for Woo Bin to arrive. She texted Woo Bin to meet her up here in Namsan Park's bridge, she wanted to give Woo Bin the fresh baked mocha tiramisu cake. Jae Kyung was looking at the ring Woo Bin gave her, the brown vintage ring was shinning under the radiant sunlight, she was beaming from head to toe, so excited to see Woo Bin.

Jae Kyung grinned when she saw Woo Bin walking towards her. "Yah Song Woo Bin, you're finally here yah.." She teased. Jae Kyung couldn't tell from Woo Bin's solemn, glum and heavy expression. "Woo Bin ah, are you okay?" Jae Kyung smiled.

Woo Bin clutched his fist, he needed every ounce of his strength to do this, to break up with the woman he love after all the wonderful memories they had together. "Don't come and look for me anymore." He forced himself to utter those words out. Jae Kyung laughed, "Yah Song Woo Bin ah, today is not the first of April okay, stop playing around." Jae Kyung held the little cake box in front of Woo Bin and pouted, "I baked your favourite mocha tiramisu cake neh, fresh from the oven, just for you." she winked as she attempted to pass the box to Woo Bin.

Woo Bin's heart bleed even more, the cake looked so lovely, with the icing and decorations on it, and the color was his favourite color too, all the effort and hard work Jae Kyung put in just for him. He pushed Jae Kyung's hands away, and the cake box fell out of Jae Kyung's hands and got smudged on the floor. Jae Kyung was surprised, Woo Bin seemed like a total stranger to her today. "Woo Bin.... you..."

"Ha Jae Kyung, game over. Don't you understand it's all just a game? I've had enough of you, don't come looking for me anymore." Woo Bin finally said those words out, words that he would never ever wanted to say, and turned around to walk away. He was afraid that if he were to see the sadness and disappointment in Jae Kyung's eyes, he would take everything he said back.

Jae Kyung shake her head disbelief, "Woo Bin ah, what are you talking about, please.." She wanted to hold Woo Bin's arms, everything between them felt so real, how could it be just a game to Woo Bin? She was about to say something when she heard a female voice coming from the direction of Woo Bin's car not far away from the bridge. "Oppa!! What's taking you so long? It's so hot here.." Jae Kyung glanced to the direction and saw a pretty lady sitting inside Woo Bin's car and she heard her heart breaking into thousand million of pieces. "Woo Bin..." Jae Kyung started to sob. She couldn't believe what was happening right in front of her, this very place that she and Woo Bin loved was turning out to be her worst nightmare.

"Leave me alone, Ha Jae Kyung." Woo Bin said as he walked away, leaving a sobbing Jae Kyung on the bridge with the smudged cake on the floor. Jae Kyung started crying, "Song Woo Bin!! Song Woo Bin Genie!!! My last wish, I want you to take back everything you said just now!!" She shouted, wanting to salvage whatever chances she had left. Woo Bin stopped walking upon hearing Jae Kyung's words. He couldn't bear to turn around to look at Jae Kyung because he was trying so hard to hold back his tears but he failed to do so. "Please... please.. tell me you're just joking with me.." Woo Bin continued walking and did not even look back. "Woo Bin!!!!!!" Woo Bin heard Jae Kyung's last cry as he zoomed away from the Namsan Park, leaving a heart broken Jae Kyung crying out loud at the bridge.

 

...........

 

Yi Jung was unpacking Ga Eul's bag as she just got discharged from the hospital when he noticed Ga Eul grabbing her coat, wanting to go out. "Jagiya, where are you going? The doctor said that you should rest a bit more before resuming your normal activities yah.." Yi Jung grabbed Ga Eul's shoulders. "Jung ah, something happened to Jae Kyung Unnie, i need to go over to her right now." Ga Eul's eyes were filled with concern.

"Mwo? What happened?" Yi Jung asked. "I don't know, all i could hear was Unnie crying. Jung ah, let me go, please? I promise i will be extra careful." Ga Eul smiled and gave the cute-puppy-pleading look to Yi Jung. Yi Jung chuckled, "Neh neh neh, i'll get driver Kim to send you over." Ga Eul smiled, "My husband is the best, hehe.."

After Ga Eul's departure, Yi Jung was about to head back to the So Museum when he received a phone call from Ji Hoo. "Yah Ji Hoo ah, MWO?! Aikksss that fella... I'll come over right now.."

 

....

 

Ji Hoo and Yi Jung arrived at one of the pubs in Seoul and find Woo Bin alone, drinking his heart out. Girls came near Woo Bin, offering to accompany him but all were scolded and intimidated by Woo Bin.

Yi Jung and Ji Hoo saw down, "Woo Bin ah, what's with you now?" Yi Jung asked, he felt so disturbed to see Woo Bin in such a sorry state, he looked as if it's the end of the world for him.

Ji Hoo attempted to take the liquor bottle away from Woo Bin's hands, "Enough Woo Bin, it's too much already!"

Woo Bin was hoping to numb himself from all the pain by getting himself drunk. Jae Kyung's last cry kept ringing in his mind over and over again, reminding him of how hurt and sad she was. Woo Bin chuckled, life is so cruel, how could fate allow him to meet his soulmate but then cruelly leave him with no choice but to hurt her. "NOo!" Woo Bin was getting tipsy after all those drinks. "You guys, you know.... how hard it was for me?"

Yi Jung sighed he was aware of the situation Woo Bin is currently facing but he didn't expect Woo Bin to go this far to protect Jae Kyung. "Woo Bin ah, you didn't have to do this you know? We can always help you out."

Woo Bin laughed, "No, Yi Jung ah, no, i can't put all of your lives in danger. I must end this all myself." He sniggered, "So much for being the mafia prince, i gained riches and titles, but i lost my parents because of it, now i lost my true love because of it too." Woo Bin laughed bitterly as he drank another sip of the liquor. "I... I rather have Jae Kyung hating me for the rest of her life, then to have her continue living with despair should anything happens to me.." Woo Bin started to cry.

Yi Jung held Woo Bin up with Ji Hoo's help, "Woo Bin, enough, let's go back, you must be sober for tomorrow night, let's go back now."

 

.......

 

Woo Bin was standing near the main entrance of Kishen Constructions' building, it was almost lunch time hour and he was waiting for Jae Kyung to walk out of the building, hoping to have one last look of Jae Kyung before tonight's hunt with the police. Finally he saw a pale and frail looking Jae Kyung walking out. Her eyes were swollen red, must be because of all the crying she had, she no longer had that cheerful, bubbly spirit she had in the past. Woo Bin's heart ached when he notice that Jae Kyung is no longer wearing the brown vintage ring that he gave her, meaning that she had sort of gave up on their relationship.

Jae Kyung sighed, working after having a break up with Woo Bin was proving to be more challenging then she thought. Memories still fill her mind on and off, tears still keep running down her eyes like tap water that couldn't be turned off, not to mention she hardly had a wink last night. Jae Kyung was about to walk to the nearest 7-11 to grab an energy drink when she saw Woo Bin standing three meters away from her, observing her, and tears filled her eyes again. Jae Kyung was determined to ignore him, he was about to walk past him when Woo Bin called her.

"Jae..." I love you, Woo Bin said in his heart, there was so many things he wanted to tell her, but he could only summarize it all with these three words.

"Don't call me like that..." Jae Kyung cried, "I was so foolish to believe that you were serious about us, I was even more foolish to allow myself to fall for you.." She shed a tear before walking away.

 

......

 

Ga Eul and Yi Jung arrived back home after a day of work in the So Museum. Yi Jung noticed the mellow sad expression his wife had since she came back from Jae Kyung's. "Jung ah, why would Woo Bin sun bae do such a thing?" Ga Eul asked, she couldn't belive that Woo Bin was heartless enough to play with Jae Kyung's feelings, the connection the two had were so real, in her opinion.

Yi Jung sighed, "Jagiya ah, Woo Bin did this to protect Jae Kyung."

"Protect Unnie? What do you mean ah, Jung?" Ga Eul was puzzled.

"Neh Jagiya, Woo Bin has been receiving threats, people are actually threatening to harm Jae Kyung, plus Woo Bin has decided to work with the police to catch those people. It's tonight that they are carrying out the plan."

"Mwo?! Isn't that right now? Why..why didn't Woo Bin sun bae tell Unnie?" Ga Eul was surprised, this means that Woo Bin sun bae was sincere about his relationship with Jae Kyung. Yi Jung hugged his wife, "Jagiya, it's dangerous, those people are really brutal and cruel, Woo Bin wouldn't even allow us to be involved, let alone telling Jae Kyung, the last thing he want is Jae Kyung to be hurt."

"Omo!!" Ga Eul squeaked, "I must tell Unnie, i must tell her right now!!" Ga Eul quickly stood up and rushed out. "Yah Jagiya! Where... Jagiya!" Yi Jung followed his wife out too.

 

......

 

Jae Kyung, Ga Eul and Yi Jung rushed to Woo Bin's mansion and saw many police cars, ambulance and police officers there, seems that the hunt is over. Jae Kyung was searching frantically for Woo Bin, she just found out the truth from Ga Eul and rushed here. Jae Kyung was crying as she searched for Woo Bin, she was hoping sincerely that Woo Bin was okay, she wanted to see him and hug him again. Jae Kyung noticed a familiar face, it was Gong San. He was handcuffed and being taken into the police car by an officer. Gong San recognized Jae Kyung started laughing evilly, "Your boyfriend wouldn't survive this! He is not going to make it! Haha.."

Jae Kyung was frightened upon hearing those words, she turned her head and saw Woo Bin being carried out from his mansion. She gasped when she notice a pool of blood around Woo Bin's abdomen area. Jae Kyung followed closely and hopped into the ambulance as the medics wheeled Woo Bin in. Jae Kyung held tight unto Woo Bin's hands as the ambulance headed to the hospital. Woo Bin felt that his consciousness was slipping away bit by bit as time passes by but he was so glad to see Jae Kyung right in front of him. "Jae...." It was worth it, everything that he has done, the police managed to catch Senator Lee and his men, plus Jae Kyung is unharmed. Jae Kyung cried upon hearing Woo Bin calling her, "Woo Bin you stupid idiot, why didn't you tell me, you stupid idiot.." Woo Bin wanted to laugh, his monkey Jae Kyung was back, "You..you're safe...." Jae Kyung couldn't hold back her tears, "Woo Bin, promise me you will be okay, please..." Woo Bin smiled, "Song Woo Bin, don't you dare leave me, you still owe me a punishment okay.." Jae Kyung commanded him as she sobbed. Woo Bin chuckled, "Jae...."

......

......

......

 

we're nearing the end.. =) sobs... it was a great journey..thanks guys for reading and supporting.. =)

thanks for each and every single comment! i really appreciate all the comments and thoughts.. =)
hhahaha... yea..probably they children will end up together.. =D