Romance at Meri's

New Love in Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meri watched the large houses and warm trees whizz by as she sat in the passenger’s seat of GDragon’s car as a catchy song by Jessie J was currently exploding out the radio. Nonetheless, Meri flashed a small smile, and leaned back into the seat and furtively looked at GDragon whom held a large smile on his face as he was singing along to the singer’s lyrics on the radio. The delightful sight caused Meri to smile bigger.

“I pretty much know all the lyrics to her songs,” GDragon admitted once he caught sight of Meri watching him.

“You’re a true fan,” Meri smiled as GDragon nodded his head and turned a sharp corner of the main road.

“They’re too catchy, and honestly the woman is fantastic,” GDragon threw his head  back for a second, laughing. “But you, Meri, are more fantastic to me.”

Flushing, Meri responded. “Thank you. That is seriously too kind of you.”

“Nothing but the truth,” GDragon grinned at the shy female.

“Keep your eyes on the road, GDragon,” Meri laughed awkwardly, turning GDragon’s face to the road.

“”Alright, darling. But I realized something.”

“Yes?”

“You still have not called me oppa. And I am more than sure I am older than you.”

“Oh that. Should I start calling you “oppa” now?”

“Ah, it sounds like you do not want,” GDragon frowned as he pulled into the parking lot of Springs, another one of the town’s grocery stores. GDragon specifically chose Springs because he did not want his favored female seeing Dongwoon at his workplace.

“Not at all, I’d gladly call you oppa,” Meri glanced at the male who began pulling into an open parking space underneath a medium sized tree.

GDragon turned his body around to face the tempting female, and smirked. “Then let’s hear it, darling.”

“Shall we go inside instead?” Meri laughed, opening the door, mockingly as GDragon found Meri more loving to him than before.

GDragon met up with Meri as she had walked ahead, and the male linked arms with her, playfully. “Don’t forget I am here.”

“Do you always link arms forcefully?” Meri joked with the attractive male, and she knew she shouldn’t be having this much fun.

“Only with you, darling.” The male winked as the trio walked together.

“Darling?”

“Forgive me Meri, I’ll replace the word with baby? If that is okay with you?”

Taken aback, Meri laughed nervously. “My, you better not. That’s very—

“Bold? Yes, I am being extremely bold with you and I know you know why. Don’t pretend, Meri.” And then the male departed Meri for about a second, as he retrieved a shopping cart and Meri bit her lower lip in confusion and happiness together. The man really pulled at her heart and as much as she wanted to block him out, she just could not.

Once GDragon arrived back at Meri’s side with a shopping cart, he smiled into the female’s eyes. “What do you think about short ribs? And maybe pork belly meat?”

“I’d say let’s get both, and honestly, we know T.O.P oppa would love it,” Meri giggled at the thought of T.O.P smiling.

“Then to the meat aisle,” GDragon nodded and drove the shopping cart to the meat aisle as he mentioned why Meri called T.O.P “oppa” before him.

“Hmm, how about these?” Meri playfully ignored GDragon, as she pulled up a large package of pork belly meat. “Do you think this will be enough for five guys?”

“Yeah, that’s be enough,” GDragon pouted as Meri ignored his question. Once she received the approval, Meri placed the package of meat into the shopping cart as she felt GDragon’s eyes locked o her. But when Meri went to meet the male’s gaze, he looked away instantly and began to retrieve packages of the short ribs. As so, Meri giggled quietly to herself.

“I got five of them, we are hungry men,” GDragon laughed, as he placed the packages into the shopping cart.

“That’s fine.”

“Now, let’s get frozen vegetables. Broccoli and carrots are a favorite among T.O.P and Daesung. However Seungri and Taeyang are more into others like mashed potatoes and rice. So I’ll get the rice and potatoes. Don’t leave from the frozen area, okay?”

“Hah, of course. And either way, where could I go?”

“To the wine section?”

“Haha, just get the potatoes and rice” Meri shook her head, pushing GDragon away playfully.

Meri drove the shopping cart to the frozen vegetables and chose a mixed brand of vegetable together in hopes that T.O.P and Daesung would not mind this brand. She placed the two packages in the cart, then shrugged, thinking about what GDragon mentioned to her about being bold. “You don’t understand why I can’t,” Meri mumbled to herself.

“Excuse me, but you look vaguely familiar.”

Quickly spinning around, Meri took sight of a tall male, speaking to her.

“You’re most likely mistaken,” Meri mumbled, hastily getting uncomfortable, as thoughts of her past life came back to her.

“No, I am sure I have seen you before.” The tall male grinned at Meri, then pulled out his phone. “But to make sure, let’s exchange numbers?”

Then she realized. This male was only flirting with her, but very horribly. GDragon was a better flirt compared  to him.

“I rather not,” Meri laughed awkwardly.

“Why not? Do you have a husband?”

“No, but—

“Then—

“My gosh, I am gone for one minute and you are already flirting with other men, my darling?” GDragon glared, as he held amounts of rice and alike in his hands which he placed in the shopping cart and looked towards the tall male. “She never mentions that we are engaged. Do forgive my soon to be wife, but it’d be best if you’d scurry along.”

Confused, Meri looked at GDragon, then towards the tall male whom was more taken aback than Meri. Nonetheless, he still departed and once he was gone from sight, GDragon chuckled.

“What an idiot. He actually fell for that .” GDragon laughed, and placed an arm around Meri. “I should have known I ain’t the only one who would be interested in you.”

“I thought you were serious with me, GDrago—I mean, oppa,” Meri touched the center of her upper chest, relieved.

“Heh, I can be an actor then,” The male laughed, removing his arm from Meri seconds after.

“Thanks though, I wasn’t sure what to do,” Meri mumbled, as she felt more idiotic.

“No worries, there are many dumb peeps in here, ya just gotta be careful.” GDragon smiled, as he drove the shopping cart towards the fruit section and chose upon a family sized fruit pack.” But speaking of that, you called me oppa.”

“It seems I did,” Meri answered, with little care, jokingly.

“Thank you.”

“There is no nee—Before Meri could finish her sentence, GDragon leaned his lips against Meri’s right cheek and softly pecked the skin. Then the male went back to driving the cart, heading towards the beverages section as Meri stood in disbelief. But under that disbelief, she was truly smiling.

 

“So there she is.” A female with jet black hair glared at Meri, and looked towards the tall male that had spoken to Meri earlier. “Thank you, Leon. She’ll be in for a surprise. Just watch.”

And then, the female departed with the male named Leon.

 

After half an hour, Meri and GDragon finished their food shopping date as the trio began placing the bags into the trunk of GDragon’s car.

“I got this, go take a seat, darling.”

“Are you sure?” Meri looked towards GDragon who nodded  with an added  teasing he’d kiss her on the lips if she didn’t bother to believe him. Thus Meri walked to her side of the car after, and took a seat as she listened to GDragon placing the remaining bags of food away. As he did so, Meri pulled out her phone, where she had totally forgotten about the text from Dongwoon. She quickly opened the message where Dongwoon thanked her for the date last night and asked if she was still open for hanging out with him and the rest at a waterpark next week.

Without thinking twice, Meri responded with a definite yes and also thanked him for asking her out to a fun date. But  GDragon arrived in the car and took sight of Meri smiling widely. Meri quickly placed her phone away though, as in not wanting to sadden the sensitive male.

“It’s okay Meri.”

“You’re being strange,” Meri frowned at the male as he buckled his seatbelt and began driving back to Meri’s place but remembering something on his mind, he quickly stopped in front of a pet shop and turned his attention to Meri.

“I almost forgot.”

The female looked at the male, curiously confused but  still, she watched him continue.

“Right now you have won the chance to go on a date with me on Friday. Do you accept?” The hopeful male glanced at Meri.

“I accept,” Meri smiled, knowing how much that would make him happy and truth be told, she felt happy herself even though she told herself numerous times she would not fall in love.

“Great! I mean, great,” GDragon cleared his throat causing the female to laugh.

“You can be so cute in a funny way,” Meri giggled, but instantly stopped, realizing what she said. “I mean—

“Ssh, let me enjoy your compliment,” GDragon grinned as Meri scolded herself for being too honest again as she was with Dongwoon last night. And then GDragon pulled back onto the road, heading to Meri’s with a huger smile on his face this time.

Once the two arrived at Meri’s place, GDragon once again told Meri to just go inside to set up while he brought the food. Of course, Meri didn’t listen to him this time around so GDragon pecked her lips where Meri became extremely flushed than before. “Yah, just go set up, I am your oppa after all.” Thus finally Meri decided to do so, since she certainly did not want the bold man to peck her lips again.

Once inside, Meri began to pull out the needed pots and pans, when GDragon had walked aside, placing the bags of food on the table. Then he went back out to his car, retrieving the rest of the bags. Once he had all the bags, he grinned at Meri. “Let’s get started, darling.”

 

Taeyang zipped up his warm jacket as he sighed, looking out the window across to Meri’s house where GDragon’s car was parked outside. He knew that his chance with Meri was forever and once for all over. GDragon had her under his arm and there was nothing the male could do. The sad male pulled out his phone then, going through his contacts, where Bom’s number popped out. Could he talk to Bom about this? No way. She was GDragon’s ex-girlfriend but he was not sure if she still liked GDragon. And even if she did, he could not talk to her and tell him her problems. He would end up being sadder than ever and out of fear, the two of them may come up with trying to get their crushes back to them and Taeyang wanted GDragon happy. He truly did, but he wished he did not fall for Meri since he saw her first but GDragon always took the best girls. Seungri tried to help, but even with the younger’s help, he would not win.

Winning Meri’s heart was over.

Taeyang placed his phone away then, pushing it into his pocket. Then the male began to walk out of his room where he happened to crash into Seungri who began whining.

“Sorry maknae,” Taeyang rubbed the back of his head.

“Mh, I am kidding hyung,” Seungri laughed, but realized the older had some sort of sadness about him. “Huh, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Taeyang lied, forcing a wide smile quickly.

“Liar,” muttered Seungri.

“I am not,” Taeyang blinked.

“Hm, let’s go out hyung. Daesung is being a sleepy head still and T.O.P is watching romance dramas continuously.” Seungri made a groggy face at the romance drams part which made Taeyang laugh, but nonetheless he agreed.

“Sure, but where to?”

“Anywhere but here.” Seungri chuckled, “But remind me when it is tie to head to Meri’s. Because I so wanna taste her cooking~!”

“Sure, I’ll remind,” Taeyang chuckled and the two males went out, Taeyang trying to  ignore what Meri and GDragon were doing other than cooking from across  the street. Despite, Taeyang and Seungri decided upon heading to the mall to shop. Honestly Seungri did not like shopping unless it was for gadgets and alike, but he wanted his hyung happy. In a few minutes, the two males had arrived at the mall where it was jammed with numerous people.

“Man, I forgot about that,” groaned Seungri.

“Haha, you always forget a lot of things huh?” Taeyang nudged the younger male after he found a free parking space.

“I do not,” The younger crossed his arms, once he and Taeyang had pulled the selves out of the car.

But the two began to walk to the entrance of the mall where few women, both older and younger took notice of the men.

“Hehe, it seems you do not need Meri’s attention after all,” Seungri whispered.

“But I rather have her attention,” Taeyang admitted as Seungri frowned.

“Yah, let’s just shop hyung.” The younger tugged at the older’s hand, doing his best to get his mind off of Meri. Seungri began leading the way, already heading to the electronics department of the mall. “Let’s check out what they have.” Seungri smiled as the males headed onto the store and Seungri soon enough went to the far end, leaving Taeyang alone.

Chuckling, Taeyang shook his head knowing how Seungri was. Despite, Taeyang began looking around, observing the cell phone cases. He had taken sight of a baby blue cell phone case with cute giraffes and instantly thought Meri would like it. But he knew there was no reason to buy her a gift, unless he could get it for her on her upcoming birthday? No, no. He decided to not think of Meri, he just could not. He needed to be happy and get his mind off of her.

He had to.

So the male went to the next side, looking through the iPods and MP3’s and MP4’s. He certainly could use a new iPod. But he may end up listening to heartbreaking music instead. So Taeyang left from the iPod’s and alike and went to the next aisle where they sold computer ad laptops. Some were designed cutely which he knew females would adore.

Especially Meri.

Groaning, Taeyang went to meet up with Seungri whom was looking through the earbuds. He had a pair of baby blue earbuds in his hands which Taeyang assumed he was going to buy, along with some neon green speakers for a car. “Oh, hold on, hyung. Let me just pay for these.”

Taeyang smiled, telling him to take his time and Seungri nodded his head, already in line while Taeyang pulled out his phone where there was a message from T.O.P saying to be home before Meri’s thing. Taeyang quickly replied they would. Once he had finished sending the text, Taeyang looked to Seungri whom was now paying for his things.

“Okay hyung, where should we go next?” Seungri looked at the older male as he carried his bag of purchases in his right hand.

“I need some cologne, so let’s check that out,” Taeyang smiled into the others eyes.

“Yea, I need some too. T.O.P be stealing mine,” Seungri groaned at the pair headed to the cologne department of the mall.

And just like before, Seungri headed his own way but of course Taeyang did not mind as he headed to his prefer cologne, grabbing one bottle of it .As he did so, he noticed a female around his age observing the cologne and she looked puzzled. It was obvious she was buying for a boyfriend. And Taeyang, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter