Mini Date

New Love in Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator’s P.O.V

          The arcade was filled with numerous people tonight, both gamers and non-gamers, at the honest fact that it was a Saturday night. Which of course Dongwoon and Meri were a part of, as the two were currently playing a famous hammer game. As Meri swung the hammer down as hard as she could, the game lit up in every color of the rainbow along with playful cheering from the game even though she did not make the round ball fly towards the top.

“Your turn,” laughed Meri as she handed Dongwoon the hammer.

“You did well though.” Dongwoon grabbed the hammer from Meri where she smiled as in thanking him quietly. Once so, Dongwoon swung the hammer down, causing the round ball to hit the very top.

“Wow,” Meri muttered in amazement, as the game itself lighted up in once again, in all the colors of the rainbow along with the loud cheering.

“I’m good with hammers, I guess,” Dongwoon chuckled, as tickets pushed its way out from the machine.

“No wonder,” smiled Meri, “I am horrible with hammers~.” The two shared a laugh, as Dongwoon placed a hand on Meri’s shoulder, feeling extremely content with her.

As Meri grabbed the tickets from the machine, Dongwoon spoke up. “What game shall we play next Miss Meri?”

“Hm, can we try that air hockey game, I have always loved that game since I was little,” Meri admitted, pointing towards the game that was currently empty.

“Sure, but Meri, I never knew that. Let me guess, you’re good at air hockey right?” Dongwoon asked as he two walked towards the game together.

“I don’t know, I guess I am, well, that is what my sister used to tell me but then again she could have been lying.”

“Nah, it’s your sister so there is no way she can be lying. But speaking of your sister, how come I never met her?”

“Oh, well, she doesn’t live here,” mumbled Meri, as she reached for the hockey puck when Dongwoon placed the tokens into the machine.

“Hm, really?” Dongwoon tilted his head which made Meri awkward talking about her family, especially her own sister.

“Yeah, she lives with my mom, I just came here to live alone,” Meri continued in hopes Dongwoon would stop asking her about her family.

Just as Dongwoon was about to continue, his name was suddenly being called by familiar voices.

“Dongwoon!”

It was none other than Hyunseung along with GiKwang and their female friend, Jessica.

“It seems we have company,” Dongwoon said to Meri whom smiled, not bothered by the fact since she certainly did not want to continue talking about her family before.

Once the trio walked towards Dongwoon, a smile played on his lips. “Hey guys.”

“Aye, we didn’t know you’d be here,” chuckled Hyunseung as he looked upon Meri. “Heeey Meri! It’s great to see you again.”

Smiling back, Meri nodded her head. “It’s great to see you too.”

“Ah, so you are the famous Meri hm?” The second male, GiKwang grinned at Meri, as she giggled.

“Yes, I suppose I am being talked upon your friends?” Meri nodded at GiKwang and then looked to Dongwoon who chuckled sheepishly.

“And this is our friend Jessica,” Dongwoon introduced the short female with the round, friendly face whom was standing in the middle of GiKwang and Hyunseung, as she smiled contently yet shyly at Meri after saying a gentle hello.

“Hi,” Meri gently smiled back at Jessica whom smiled in return, finding Meri as a kind girl and realizing why Dongwoon liked her.

“So are we interrupting your guy’s date?’ GiKwang chuckled as Dongwoon laughed along.

“Yes, you guys really are, well, except for you Jessica,” Dongwoon continued laughing.

“Oh well, we ain’t leaving. Let’s all play some games together okay?” Hyunseung grinned, and then looked at Meri. “Come on, plead Dongwoon to do soooo.”

Unable to resist, Meri nodded. “Sure, I think I can try to plead Dongwoon.”

“Yeah, by the look on Dongwoon’s face, I think he won’t say no to you Meri,” Jessica giggled causing Dongwoon to turn a bright shade of pink.

As Meri looked towards Dongwoon, she softly smiled finding his reactions extremely cute.

“Great, you guys started air hockey?” GiKwang looked upon the game that Meri and Dongwoon were about to play.

“Yeah, that was until—

“Meri and I will be on one team!” GiKwang instantly grabbed Meri’s arm playfully that Jessica took noticed of, and forced a smile.

“Yah, there isn’t enough though,” frowned Dongwoon, “One person will end up being excluded.”

“That’s right,” laughed, “it’ll be you since me and Jessica will be the other team.” Hyunseung grinned as Dongwoon shook his head at the silliness.

“Eh, fine. I’ll watch then.”

“Great, we’ll start,” GiKwang grabbed the puck that Meri had in her hand that she gave to GiKwang. “Let’s start this!”

“Meri, be prepared though. Me and Jessica are good at air hockey,” grinned Hyunseung.

“It’s more like Hyunseung oppa is good at it,” Jessica giggled, confessing.

GiKwang placed the hockey puck in front of him, as he swung the hockey puck harshly. “Bam! Let’s beat em, Meri~!”

“Not so fast,” smirked Hyunseung smacking the hockey puck back harshly, as Meri quickly saved the puck from heading towards her and GiKwang’s opening.

“Wah, you’re good Meri,” chuckled Hyunseung as she swung the puck towards Jessica and Hyunseung that quickly headed into their own opening.

“Wooh, a point for us,” grinned GiKwang, as he high fived Meri.

“It seems you are right Meri, you are good,” Dongwoon smiled towards Meri as she shrugged.

“Just a little, I suppose.”

The four continued to play as Dongwoon watched them, with curious eyes as both teams were becoming so involved in the game. Jessica was even starting to get a couple points for her and Hyunseung. But the two teams were very close to winning as the time on the game was soon counting down.  Hitting the puck harshly, GiKwang grinned constantly as he complimented his teammate whenever she made a point, however, Hyunseung would come back and form a point for his own team. Now that ten seconds were left, GiKwang let Meri hit the puck as the puck slammed right into the other’s opening since Hyunseung missed dodging and Jessica was too late.

“Woooh, we should have bet them to buy us a pizza, “laughed GiKwang as Dongwoon walked over next to Meri and smiled himself.

“You are good,” smiled Jessica, “better than me.”

“I demand a rematch next time,” pouted Hyunseung, causing everyone to laugh at him.

“Hm, I like you Meri,” grinned GiKwang, as he placed an arm around Meri, in a playful manner. “Now tell me, what do you think of Dongwoon?”

“Yah, don’t ask her silly questions,” Dongwoon laughed, embarrassed but a part of him did truly want to know what Meri thought of him.

“Ssh, be quiet maknae,” chuckled GiKwang, “let Meri answer.”

Meri was smiling shyly herself but she decided upon answering plus she did not want to be the individual that was making the night a bummer. “Well, I think Dongwoon is very kind and extremely fun.”

“Ayeee,” Hyunseung nudged Dongwoon as Meri smiled towards Dongwoon while admitting the truth about him.

“And you think he’s cute?” GiKwang raised his eyebrows at Meri which she giggled about.

“Very much.”

“Wooh, you did good Dongwoon!” Hyunseung cheered for his younger friend whom was now pinker than the character, Kirby.

“They always act this way Meri, so don’t be too surprised.” Jessica giggled as Meri nodded her head at the other female.

“I think I can get used to it then, ahe.”

“Well, I probably should take you home then, Meri. Let’s leave these kids alone,” Dongwoon chuckled.

“Yah, we are grown men, excluding our lovely Jessica of course,” GiKwang said proudly as he placed an arm around Jessica whom started to smile in obvious shyness.

“Aw, okay. But Meri you should totally hang out with the rest of us sometime. You’ll love our Junhyung too.” Hyunseung flashed a smile towards Meri.

“I’d love that,” Meri smiled back at the cheerful male.

“Great! Well see ya then.”

“Yeah, bye guys. Have fun!” GiKwang shouted as Jessica waved gently, sending her bye afterwards.

The trio watched as the two departed, with gentle smiles on their faces.

“I can see them together, I really can.” Hyunseung grinned, in hopes that his younger friend could finally be happy this time.

“They’re very lively,” Meri started as the two walked their way towards Dongwoon car.

“They always are, imagine living with them. Aha!”

“I’d find that more fun though,” Meri giggled.

“You say that now, but if you were me, you’d understand my point,” Dongwoon opened the door for Meri, and then went on his side, opening the door for himself. “But I’m glad you like them. They can be a handful.”

“Of course, they’re cute.” Meri buckled her seatbelt, as Dongwoon started the car and headed on the road towards Meri’s home. “But then again you’re cute too.” Seconds later, realizing what she just said, Meri panicked but Dongwoon grinned, he surely did not mind the compliment. Heck, truthfully he loved the compliment from Meri. After talking about Dongwoon’s friends and the fun time they each felt, Dongwoon arrived at Meri’s and as much as the two truly did not want to depart from each other yet, they had to.

“I’ll see you Monday then,” Dongwoon looked into Meri’s soft eyes as she looked into his deep eyes.

“Yeah, Monday. “ Meri nods her head, feeling shy all over again. Meri was about to open the door, but Dongwoon stopped her with his voice.

“Should I walk you inside? I mean, not in—

“Haha, I understand and no, it’s okay. It’s only a few steps,” Meri playfully smiled at Dongwoon who sheepishly smiled back.

“Yeah, right. Sorry.” Dongwoon laughed at his own self while Meri could not help but think how adorable he acted upon. “Well, goodnight Meri.”

“Goodnight Dongwoon,” Meri waved her hand at Dongwoon, then grabbed her clutch and headed inside the house as Dongwoon drove away soon after with a very wide smile on his face.

Of course Meri was wearing the same smile on her face once she walked inside, dropping her clutch on the kitchen table along with kicking her heels off. Continuing towards her room, Meri pulled the fringed dress off and replaced it with her mint shirt that read “NERDY” and navy shorts. Too tired to rinse her makeup off, Meri placed her body on her perfectly made bed, closing her eyes with a mumble of words saying “goodnight.”

 

GDragon was the first to wake up, even before Daesung. And Daesung was usually the first to be awake in the morning. However, GDragon was up and about in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. He wore a smile that could mean so many things. Despite, he continued to cook, flipping the pancakes and alike. When Daesung had finally awaken, trudging to the kitchen, he was more than surprised to see GDragon in the kitchen, cooking, in a strange happy mood.

“What a relief, I don’t need to cook,” Daesung chuckled, opening the fridge and pulling out the orange juice, like he always did so.

Laughing himself, GDragon continued with the pancakes. “Great, you should always be happy.”

“Aye, you okay though? You are acting weird. Very weird in the morning to be accurate.” Daesung looked at the male in suspicion. “Seunghyun and I arrived home last night pretty late, but this, this is stranger.”

“Naaah. I am just myself. Don’t think too much and get some rest. I know you both must still be tired from yesterday.”

“Mhm, I suppose. But are you sure you are okay? I mean, this ain’t got anything to do with Meri with Dongwoon aye? Because we saw Dongwoon dropping her off and—

“No way man. Do I look like I’d get weird just because Meri went on a date with that boy? Come on, he’s not even a man like me. Why would she even, I thought she liked me?”

Placing his glass of juice down, Daesung let out a breath. “I am horrible when it comes to the girls, like you all know. But you are a great guy and every woman desires you. Don’t let this Meri and Dongwoon thing ruin your day. And look, it’s not like they are in a relationship. It was only a date. One simple date. You can have many of those with her. But GD, you never have ever gotten too hurt or jealous when it came to any of the girls you wanted. Is this Meri different?”

“Possibly. She’s in a way, different.” GDragon smiled, and turned around, and finished the pancakes.

“Alright, just ask Meri on a date. I am sure she would be more than free for you.” Daesung chuckled, and took his glass, and walked back to his room.

“That’s right,” GD whispered to himself when Daesung left. “I have a food shopping date with her.” As a smile fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter