Breakfast

Unpredictable

I feel someone pushing me. "Wake up," someone's saying. I don't wanna. It's too early. I groan and roll over, pulling the covers over my head.

Suddenly someone rips off the covers. Cold air rushes in.

"Wake up, Adrienne! It's 8 alrea---"

"Holy crap!" I yell, suddenly wide awake. I look up and squint to see Tao towering over me. "Dafuq man!"

"Language, Adrienne," he tsks. "Breakfast is in half an hour." And he leaves without another word.

This is the first time he's spoken and I can detect a quiet but commanding tone in his voice that makes you automatically obey. I wonder if he's the leader or something here. With a sigh I get up. I am so not a morning person. I hope there's coffee. I dig out my toothbrush from my suitcase and open the door to get to the bathroom--- Wait a second. Is it the last door on the left or right...? Oh who cares. It's either door.

I decide to try the left door--- "Ahhhhhh!!" someone yelps. "The ladies' room is the other door!" A man's yelling. He's standing in front of a urinal and thankfully my view is obscured by a low wall and all I can see is his red face.

"Sorry!" I apologise hurriedly and bolt out, trying hard not to laugh. I go to the opposite door and go through my morning routine, stumbling around in this strange environment. The bathroom is deserted. I think back to yesterday. What was I thinking, telling Lay all that stuff about me? I don't even know him. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But he gives me such a feeling of security in the midst of all that chaos, something that I haven't felt in ages, ever since my parents died. However, I decide right there and then I won't tell anyone about anything about me anymore. Not even Lay.

A girl comes into the bathroom, stops and stares at me while I'm brushing my teeth. I glance at briefly and ignore her. She looks like the kind of girl that's probably on a stupid diet and thinks she's fat as a hippo when she's really bone-thin. I won't be surprised if she's anorexic. The state of her hair almost makes me swallow my toothpaste--- it looks like it hasn't been combed in years. All in all, she looks pretty much like a typical supermodel-wannabe airhead. Call me prejudiced, but anyone who diets like that is automatically an airhead and a complete moron.

 

Surprisingly, even though I arrive at the breakfast table at 8:30 sharp, I'm one of the earliest there. There's only Lay, Xiumin, and the one I barged into in the bathroom. I sit down at a random chair.

"Did you have any problem finding the dining room?" Lay asks kindly.

I shake my head. "Not really, it was pretty easy to find---"

"Yeah, but she had problems finding the bathroom!" the bathroom guy says irritably.

"Did you piss all over the place?" I snicker.

"Oh? What happened?" Xiumin asks eagerly. The bathroom guy turns red and sputters.

"N---noth---"

"Oh, nothing at all... I just accidentally went into the men's bathroom when he was taking a piss, that's all!"

Silence around the table. Then it explodes in laughter.

"You--- you saw--- you saw him?" Xiumin gasps.

"Only from his head down to somewhere around his waist! I cannot imagine what'd happen if I saw it all," I mock faint, still snickering.

"You. Saw. Kris. Pissing. HAHAHAHAHA." Lay rolls on his chair clutching his stomach. Kris frowns disapprovingly. He so obviously wants us to stop laughing. Fat chance.

"Oh, so you're Kris?" I ask Kris, eyebrow raised, in an attempt to put on a straight face but failing. I'm still laughing.

"Heard of me?" he smirks, and my heart stops momentarily. He. Is. Hot. Ohmygod Adrienne what the hell are you thinking.

"These guys won't shut up about you!"

"Well obviously, since I'm the hottest one here!" he replies arrogantly with a flip of his head.

Suddenly I hear a crash, and I turn to see Xiumin has somehow fallen off his chair onto the floor. Lay laughs even harder, and even Kris chuckles, just a bit. Xiumin just lies on the floor, his body shaking with laughter. I don't know why we're still laughing at this point, but I like it. It makes them seem more... human.

"Wazz happenin'?" Luhan mumbles as he walks in and flops lifelessly into a chair.

"Hey, Luhan," Xiumin greets the half-asleep guy, grinning. Luhan grunts, apparently oblivious to the fact that Xiumin's lying on the floor.

"Alright guys, stop laughing, the girls're gonna come any minute now." Kris suddenly announces. Xiumin moans and picks himself up and Lay sobers up. Luhan collapses onto the table and starts snoring. I stifle a snort. Kris glares at me. "No mentioning of this to the girls, you hear?" he hisses. I nod, still grinning.

Right on time, that anorexic-looking girl I saw in the bathroom walks in. She's done something to her hair; it's now full and shiny and curled expertly, like a supermodel. But I remember the real state of her hair when she just woke up, and I snort and try to cover it with a phony cough. Kris shoots me a glare which I ignore.

Two more girls follow behind her, and it's obvious she's the leader of their little clique while the two behind are merely wannabes, although they're all super thin and look absolutely starved. I roll my eyes. Please don't tell me all the girls here are like that.

The leader takes one look at me and I can see that she recognises me from the bathroom. She flips her long hair in a pathetic attempt to look y and devil-may-care and struts--- yes, struts--- over to me.

"You're sitting in my seat," she says sweetly, innocently, but there's this glint in her eye that tells me she's not a to be messed with. Challenge accepted.

I raise an eyebrow. "Says who?"

"Says me."

"I like this seat," I say nonchalantly. I put my head behind my head and lean back. "Hmm, nice chair!"

She nudges the chair leg accidentally-on-purpose and I feel myself falling. Crap.

Again, the slight shift in the air, and I realise my chair has stopped in mid-fall. It feels so weird, like an invisible person has caught my chair. A look around confirms that yes, I've just stopped time again. Oops. I grin to myself and plop down on the chair at the far end across Kris, so that I don't have to sit right next to those zombie es.

The moment I sit down the chair falls completely down with a thud. I manage to not laugh, but I can't help the arrogant smirk on my face. Heehee.

Top yells "what the hell?!" in surprise.

"Over here, ugly," I call out, still smirking, leaning my elbows oh-so-casually on the table. She twirls around, hair flying, looking absolutely dumbfounded. My smirk seems to be permanently stuck on my face. Her confusion turns to fear as something registers in her mind. I don't know what, but I bet it's me that scares her. I wave sweetly at her. Her minions are still standing dumbly behind her. The temperature in the room starts to drop.

"God, Elise, stop fooling around and sit down already!" Kris snaps. Top jumps and sits down opposite Xiumin with a scowl. Minions follow suit and sit next to her, opposite Luhan and an empty seat. The temperature returns to normal. The hell...? I carefully maintain an expressionless face with a slight smirk on my lips.

"Now, who's missing?" Kris asks nobody in particular.

"Chen---"

"Cooking."

"Tao---"

"Right here," says a quiet voice, and all heads turn to his direction to see Tao standing in the doorway. "I see breakfast hasn't started yet." He sits down at the other end and looks at me pointedly. Huh...?

"Uhhh... good morning Tao?" I say cautiously. Tao closes his eyes and Kris snickers.

"Breakfast's here~" someone singsongs. A sixth guy, presumably Chen, walks in from a doorway I haven't noticed before, balancing three dishes on his arms impressively. Xiumin pokes Luhan in the shoulder and he bolts straight up.

"Uhhh???" he mumbles. Xiumin points at Chen behind them. "Oh!" He scrambles up and holds out his hand. The plates on Chen's arms float up. Luhan waves his hand towards the table and the plates land down gently in front of the boys(men?). He squints at the kitchen and does the same thing. Four more plates float out and one of them lands in front of me. My eyes widen, not from the sight of breakfast, but at my discovery of Luhan's power.

"Eat up," Chen orders, and everyone obediently digs in. The and her minions don't eat anything. Idiots. I devour my eggs and ham in minutes and I'm one of the first ones to finish.

"Anyone gave you the introduction, Adrienne?" Kris asks me.

"Uh, Lay said you'd be the one to do it..."

"Yeah, but I was just wondering if anybody's done it already."

"He's just lazy," Luhan interrupts, grinning, much more awake now that he's eaten.

"But not as lazy as the rest of us," Xiumin adds. They crack up.

"Fine, so I'll do it--- again--- for the fifth time. I swear, I should just record it and play it for you."

"But he doesn't, cuz he's not as lazy as us," Xiumin interrupts again. We laugh.

"Come on," he says gruffly, and I follow him to the end of the corridor and up a flight of stairs.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See that awesome as hell poster up there? Yeah, SA_gyugyu made it x)

I loved this breakfast scene :DDDD It's so obvious my bias is Kris, dontcha think?? ;DD

@CatAttack1020: awww now you made me feel sorry for killing her parents... NOT! muahhahahaa >:)