Truce

Unpredictable

As I step over Rosalie's fresh corpse, I spot Suho clutching his newly-decapitated stump of an arm and stumbling away from the chaos that is Xiumin and three incredibly mad EXO-K members. As I watch, his eyebrows furrow in concentration or pain or perhaps a bit of both, the bleeding stops and an arm grows out of his stump. Not a real flesh-and-blood arm, but more like an arm made of water, acting in all aspects just like a real arm apart from the fact that it's made of water. Of course. Xiumin's sword wasn't made of mamanium.

I draw my sword, the mamanium one, and stalk over to him determinedly. Kris had said he's the leader of EXO-K, which means he's behind all this. He sees me and strangely, he smiles. A genuine smile. "Good, I was just going to look for Kris, but you'll do," he says briskly. I point at him with my sword.

"What do you want."

"I want to make a temporary truce," he states simply. I stare at him for a few seconds and I burst out laughing.

"Oh, good one."

"No, really. I'm telling the truth."

"Oh wow, I didn't know EXO-K was capable of honesty," I comment sarcastically. He grimaces.

"Just... take me to your leader--- god that sounds so cliché. No, seriously, take me to Kris."

"Why should I?"

"Because I hate Kai too." He's hit me at the right spot and he knows it.

We stare each other down until I say, "fine, fine. But I'll be right there in case you try something."

"Fair enough." I grab him by his arm and steer him towards Kris.

"KRIS!" I bellow over the din. He doesn't hear me and continues to roar and spew fire. I poke his scales but apparently they're so tough he doesn't feel a thing so I kick him. His gigantic head turns and glares at me with one beady black eye.

"Suho wants to talk to you!" I yell up to him. He frowns and bursts into flames, shrinking back to human. Suddenly disoriented from the disappearance of his vision, he stumbles, but I catch him.

"There, there," I say soothingly, patting his back as high as I can reach. "I'll be right here okay?"

"Thanks," he mutters. Then he raises his voice and I can hear the leader in him coming out.

"What do you want, Suho."

"Let's get some cover first," Suho suggests. Kris' eyebrows furrow but agrees and I help him get behind a sofa and we sit cross-legged facing Suho.

"What do you want," Kris repeats.

"To declare a temporary truce," Suho states calmly.

"Ha! Don't make me laugh," Kris laughs bitterly.

"It's about Kai." Kris instantly sobers.

"I'm all ears," he says all business-like.

"Kai is... uncontrollable. Even though I launched the invasion, I specifically said no mamanium. It just isn't fair if we had mamanium and you didn't. But somehow, Kai replaced all of our regular metal weapons with mamanium ones. Chanyeol, Rosalie and Baekhyun support him but that's it. The rest is on my side."

"Then why are all of you still fighting?" Kris asks suspiciously.

"Because I told them to. Our lives are at risk just as much as you are. More, because Kai loathes traitors, which is ironic considering how his girlfriend was a traitor herself." Maybe Suho isn't that bad after all... I think?

"So you wanna call a truce until Kai's dead?" Kris asks for confirmation."Then we can continue our fight?"

"Yes," Suho nods.

"Or... maybe we should just stop after Kai's dead," Kris suggests. "More than half of EXO-K are either already dead or lost their powers. So is EXO-M. We both have losses. Isn't it time we stopped?"

"Once you start, you cannot stop," Suho sighs. "Even I have forgotten why we're fighting in the first place."

"I haven't," Kris states quietly. "You wanted to be famous. You wanted to be a superhero."

"And look at us now," he says bitterly. "I'm anything but a superhero."

"You could still be one," Kris says, his voice softening. "If you would just stop fighting. Stop before anyone else is hurt."

"It's not as easy as you say---"

"You said most of EXO-K are on your side, aren't they?" Kris interrupts.

"Yes..."

"Then it'll be pretty easy to convince them, wouldn't it?" Kris presses. "You'll only have to get rid of Baekhyun."

"I am not killing anyone!" Suho says sharply.

"I'm not saying you yourself has to kill him," Kris points out. "If there's anyone who wants to kill him, it's me isn't it?" 

"Yeah, about that... sorry," Suho mutters. "He did that on Kai's orders, not mine."

"I know," Kris says gently. "That just isn't your battle style. And I'm not blaming you."

"I think... I'm just not cut out for long-term war," Suho says wearily.

"Let's just call us even after this, alright?" Kris suggests.

"Yeah, okay," Suho sighs. Kris sticks out his hand and Suho shakes it with his water arm.

"Truce," he confirms.

"Truce," Suho agrees.

"I'll go tell them to go easy on you guys," Kris says. "And your arm is freaking me out."

"Same here," Suho smiles slightly, getting up to tell s. "It feels so weird."

"Adrienne, get me to Xiumin," Kris orders. "And get Tao and Lay to stop fighting Kai so we can reorganise."

"Near impossible feat, that'll be," I mutter. Kris smiles wryly.

"But not impossible." I notice Luhan running over to us.

"We've got an idea!" he says breathlessly.

"So do we," I reply. "You first."

"Ummmm... we'd rather keep it a secret, you know, so that it'll work better... but I'm just gonna tell you that we're gonna distract Kai so tell Tao to attack at the right moment yeah?" I look at him. He looks strangely flushed.

"Okay, works with me."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP NEXT: THE FINAL BATTLE

OMG I DON'T WANNA END THIS *sobs profusely* almost 40 chapters and I'm so attached to Unpredictable ;/