The Alley

Unpredictable

"You yell and I freeze you all over, you hear?" a voice whispers menacingly in my ear. Somehow I don't think he's lying. "We just want to talk and we'd appreciate it if you'd cooperate." I nod.

He releases his finger and the cold disappears. The arms around me let me go and I turn around to look at my surprisingly young kidnappers. The one holding me is tall and has jet black hair and eyebags dark enough to match his hair. His black t-shirt hugs his body and his abs are obvious, as are the big muscles in his arms. His eyes are piercing as he looks steadily at me, body tensed.

I shift my attention to the other guy, avoiding his intense stare. This guy is shorter, but no less threatening. I am positive this is the one who made me cold, and this knowledge makes me wary. His hair is carefully gelled and sticks up and his cheeks are more on the... chubby side. I doubt that they only want to 'talk', but hey, I should give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe.

My eyes narrow. "What do you want."

"To talk," the shorter one answer.

"You said that already. About what."

"About... you."

I cross my arms in an attempt to look fierce. "And what is there to talk about?"

"You..." here the two share a look. The taller one nods. The shorter one continues, "you stopped time," he says simply.

My eyes widen. "How did you know..."

"Tao here is a time controller too." The taller one, Tao, shrugs his shoulder in response and his muscles ripple across his arms. I try hard not to gape. "So naturally he could feel a sort of... disturbance when you stopped time. We went back in time to see what happened, and we waited here."

I raise an eyebrow. Someone else who can do the same thing as me? Pretty far-fetched, but then, hasn't everything been up to this point? "So... your point is...?"

The shorter one takes a deep breath. "You're special. You need to learn how to control your power, and we can offer that, and more. We're offering you a safe haven, a place to live in and call home without worrying about your safety. You're not safe out here anymore. You'll see soon enough. Next time you meet someone with powers, it may not be the good guys like us."

Here I can't help but laugh dryly. "You, the good guys? Really? Oh my, then I can't imagine what the bad guys will be like!"

The shorter one rolls his eyes. "Yes, we're the good guys, whether you believe it or not. I'm sorry if we scared you just now, it's usually Kris that does the dirty work."

"Yeah, yeah. Why should I believe you?"

"Because it's true. And once the other group makes their move, it may be too late."

"Yeah, right. This is too much like a goddamn movie. I'm going home. And for your information, I am not a Horcrux, my father is not Darth Vader, I am not anyone's mockingjay, and I am certainly not a demigod." With that, I turn and leave the alley. No one tries to stop me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So? Did you like it? :3 I hope someone liked the Harry Potter/Star Wars/Hunger Games/Percy Jackson reference ^^ ;P

I originally planned to update on Monday, but then I finished two and a half chapters yesterday and I thought gee, I'm ahead of schedule, so I decided to upload chapter two^^