Jade's POV

Unpredictable

Jade's POV

Me and Sehun are safely hidden in Lay's room, but we're not happy here, oh no. Sehun wants to fight, but he can't betray EXO-K without anyone backing him up, and me and Adrienne can't do much, so he has to wait for Luhan and Lay to come back so they can convince the rest of them he's one of us. I, on the other hand, want to fight too, but I know how crappy at fighting I am and if I'm hurt, and Lay's not here, who's gonna heal the other injured members? And I'm not nearly as powerful as Lay either, so I have to conserve every little bit of energy. Which is why I'm lying on Lay's bed. This waiting and not knowing what's happening is torture.

"This is killing me," Sehun groans for the umpteenth time on Luhan's bed. "I swear, when I get back out there, I'll kick Chanyeol's so hard it'll come back out of his mouth."

"Ew. That's so gross," I tell him.

"Or do the Human Centipede on all of them," he adds thoughtfully. I groan and turn away from him. He's nice sometimes, sure, and hot as well, but apart from that I honestly can't see what Luhan sees in him. He's so weird, and has the most sick and erted sense of humour. But both Luhan and Adrienne like him a lot, so I guess he's okay.

All of a sudden, the door bursts open and Xiumin charges in, carrying a sopping wet and unconscious Adrienne.

"Oh my god!" I shriek, jumping up. "What happened to her!"

"Knife in the shoulder and fire on her arm," Xiumin grunts. "I went to the bathroom and doused her with water to put out the fire." He sits her gingerly onto Lay's bed and I realise her right arm's burnt a bright angry red and she's bleeding heavily. And staining Lay's sheets. Oh well I know he won't mind. He's always told me that everyone else comes first.

"Careful, that knife is made of mamanium," he warns.

I nod and say distractedly, "hold her firmly. Someone help me get new clothes for her." He holds Adrienne's limp body firmly while I wrench the knife out. Blood pours out and I press my hands against the wound, putting pressure on it and channeling my power to her at the same time. I squeeze close my eyes and visualise her healing. One of the advantages of studying biology in high school is that I can heal people faster simply because I know exactly what to target and how they are exactly supposed to heal. Warmth spreads from the palms of my hands and into her wound and I sense that her left lung has been punctured. My brows furrow and I focus my power into her lung first, fixing the damage. She's lucky. A few inches down and it'll be her heart that's broken, literally.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE," Xiumin bellows behind me, breaking my concentration.

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING," I yell back, spinning around to see Xiumin attacking Sehun. Oh damn I totally forgot about him. I pounce on Xiumin and try to pull him loose and getting my bloody hands all over him.

"HE'S ON OUR SIDE YOU COMPLETE MORON," I holler in his ear. He stops throttling Sehun for a second and I prise his fingers off his throat.

"What. Did you say?" Xiumin asks dangerously.

"Sehun's on our side, now get off him or you'll kill him!"

"How do you know he's on our side? For all we know he could be a double agent!" But he momentarily loosens his hold and Sehun breaks free, gasping for air.

I turn my attention back to Adrienne, saying flatly, "well, he's not. You explain, Sehun, I'm busy. And Xiumin... stop trying to kill him."

As Sehun's trying to explain, but failing miserably because of his highly inappropriate comments, and I'm still healing Adrienne, the door bursts open once again. Simultaneously, Xiumin and Sehun spin towards the door with their weapons ready, but it's just the retrieve team finally returned and they all breathe a sigh of relief.

"Adrienne!" Tao gasps and rushes over but hovers above her awkwardly. Which is unlike him considering how he's always been completely devoid of emotion.

"Get away from her, please," I instruct, and before he can say anything else I add, "punctured lung, burn on arm, ask Xiumin."

Tao turns to ask Xiumin what happened but apparently everyone's gaping at Luhan and Sehun's, how do you say it, reunion. Like I said, Sehun's erted, but no one would imagine that Luhan could be so... passionate.

"Get a room," I grumble before, again, turning my attention back to Adrienne. I elbow Tao away. At this rate, with all these distractions, it's gonna take a long time for me to fully heal her.

"Need a hand?" a soft voice murmurs next to me and I smile automatically. Lay never fails to cheer me up. He takes my hands and I blush at the contact and together, with our powers combined, we heal Adrienne much quicker. Then he takes away my hands and I look at him questioningly.

"I'm gonna have to shock her awake," he explains. I nod in understanding and he pumps her chest quickly, professionally, avoiding her s neatly but not awkwardly, and she spasms violently and her eyes shoot open.

"Sorry," Lay apologises. "But we can't afford to wait for you to wake up naturally." She shakes her head and scramble off the now bloodstained bed.

"You're back?"

"Yeah, we just came back---"

"Adrienne? Adrienne? You're there?" Kris stumbles over in our direction.

"Here," Lay offers, taking his arm and guiding him to the bed, "sit."

"Thanks," Kris mutters. "Where's Adrienne?" So he's really blind.

"I'm right here Kris," she says softly, taking his hand. She looks as if she's about to cry. I've never seen her like this.

"I demand an explanation, Luhan," Xiumin growls.

"Sehun's on our side, Xiumin," Luhan protests. "He's, he's, uhhh..." he turns red.

"For god's sake, Luhan, man up," Lay says irritably. "They're together, alright? So stop that crap Xiumin because Sehun's on our side, he always has and always will." We stare at him. We've never seen him lose his temper before.

"Fine," Xiumin mutters. "But one toe out of line and you're dead."

"Oh yeah Sehun, I forgot to ask you," Adrienne says, "but who's Wufan?"

"I'm Wufan," Kris says in surprise. Ohhhhh someone is in big trouble. Let's hope Lay was wrong about Kris.

"Oh crap," Adrienne whispers. "You're serious? You are Wufan?"

"Yes he is," Sehun answers. "Oh no, I know that look. Adrienne, please don't tell me you have a crush on him." At the corner of my eye, Tao freezes. Adrienne shakes her head violently.

"No! No I don't! It's---" she cuts herself off and blushes. Tao visibly relaxes. Is it me or does Tao look like he's got a thing for Adrienne?

"How do you know Wufan?" Kris asks curiously.

"She's our cousin, Kris," Sehun sighs. Kris stiffens.

"Cousin?" he echoes.

"Don't you have a crush on Adrienne, Kris?" Luhan grins.

"For the last time, no!" Kris sputters.

"You'd better not," Luhan says warningly. "I won't allow in my family."

"You're not even related," Kris points out.

"I will be when we marry!" He argues back, blushing.

"Is this a proposal I hear?" Sehun murmurs, snuggling into Luhan's neck.

"ENOUGH!" Xiumin bellows suddenly, making us all jump. "There's a war out there if you don't remember! And right now only Nicole and Rachel are fighting! SO GET YOUR ASSES BACK OUT THERE NOW!"

"Fine," we all mutter and they begin to obediently file out of the room. Me and Lay stay behind.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm liking this Xiumin :3 and AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA KRIS AND ADRIENNE ARE RELATED~~~ GO TAODRIENNE!!!!!! aaaaaaaaand as always I just couldn't resist adding some Hunhan<3 I love Hunhan<3 HUNHAN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

UP NEXT IS SOMETHING I'VE LOOKED FORWARD TO WRITING FOR AGES. TAODRIENNE<3 WHEN I FINISH IT I'LL UPLOAD IT IMMEDIATELY. THAT'S A PROMISE.

ALSOALSOALSOALSO DID YOU SEE NU'EST'S COMEBACK MV IT'S SO GOOD SO AWESOME SO COOL OMG MY FEELS MY HEART HAS EXPLODED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-fPiLwpQs

YOU.

MUST.

WATCH.