New Friends

Unpredictable

After lunch, Elise face and her zombies strut out of the room and Luhan clears up everything in one go.

"Hey," someone greets me. It's Jade. "Nice going back there."

"Thanks," I smile smugly. One for me, zero for Elise.

"What's your schedule for this afternoon, then?"

"Schedule?" I ask dumbly. What schedule?

"She does not have a schedule yet," Tao answers for me smoothly. "Adrienne, you may do as you wish today. We shall draw up a schedule for you tonight."

"Okayyyyyyyy." Why do I need a schedule?

"So." Jade says. "You wanna hang out with me? I'm free for two hours this afternoon." I look at her stupidly. What's she doing all of a sudden, being so friendly, when just before lunch she was all cool but polite? She seems to know what I'm thinking.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend," she explains. "I didn't know whose side you're on before lunch, but now I do, and you're awesome." A delighted smile breaks out on my lips.

"Sure!"

"Do you like video games?"

"Do I!" I say excitedly.

"Well, come on!" she almost drags me into the living room and throws open the doors of a tall bookcase. "There's virtually everything here, so your choice!" I gape at the shelves and shelves of video games.

"Is Call of Duty in there?" I ask hopefully.

"Call of Duty? I don't like war games," she says with a frown.

"That's okay!" I say quickly, even though a little part of me died, because somehow I'd hoped that we would like the same things. "What do you wanna play?" She brightens up.

"Dance Dance Revolution!"

"Let's play that then! But I can't dance," I admit sheepishly.

"Don't worry, it's easy! And it's not real dancing anyway!" She turns on the TV and I almost died at the beauty of the enormous flatscreen.

Music blares out of the speakers and suddenly Jade becomes a dance goddess, each move blending flawlessly into the next. And even though the game requires only 4 different moves, she somehow manages to make it look like a dance in an mv. This girl is incredible.

"Come on!" Jade squeals, grabbing my hand. She sets a new song and to my delight, it's Supergirl by SJ. Kinda old, but it's an old favourite of mine. We dance crazily to the music, but barely after the first chorus I start to get everything wrong and messed up and I fall back onto the couch, laughing. Jade continues to dance and I sing along instead.

"Oh my supergirl~" I belt out at the top of my lungs. I don't know why, but Jade brings out the wildest in me, even though we've just met. The song finishes and Jade collapses next to me.

"Great moves," I say, waggling my eyebrows.

"Great voice," she says breathlessly. "You sing so beautifully, Adrienne."

"Who, me? Nah, not really." No one's ever told me I sing great before.

"No, really," she sits up and looks at me earnestly. "You sing like a pop star."

"Really?" I ask, touched. "You're the first."

"Yes. You should sing more."

"And you should dance more."

"We would make such a good band." We grin at each other happily.

"I've got an idea!" Jade bounces up and turns off the game. She connects her iPod to the giant loudspeakers. "Come on, you sing, I dance. I've always felt so stupid, dancing alone, but I think if we do it together it'll be much less awkward, don't you think?"

"I don't know..." I have zero confidence in singing when I know people are watching. 

"Come on. Who's there to listen? Only me. Here." She presses play and I hear G-Dragon's robotic voice.

"Fantastic Baby? Really?" I ask amusedly.

"Sing along," Jade urges me. At first I mumble the words, but then I get to the 'nanananana, nanananana' part, and I can't help doing the 'wow, fantastic baby' in a deep T.O.P voice. Jade giggles and starts dancing. The music's too contagious and I end up belting out the rest of the song while prancing around like an idiot, but at that moment I just can't care less.

We spend a good two hours doing nothing but dancing, singing, and generally goofing around (mostly me). But then Jade has to go train and she leaves sadly.

As I know there's still 3 hours until dinner, I go back to my room. I miss my guitar and I plan to spend these 3 hours with my baby.

"Hey," says a voice. I stop playing and turn around to see Lay standing at the doorway. "Can I...?"

"Sure, sure, come in!" I invite, remembering the promise I made to myself this morning and silently reminding myself not to say anything too personal.

"What's that you're playing?" He seems genuinely interested.

"Safe and Sound." He looks at me blankly. "It's an English song by Taylor Swift."

"Ah." He nods, even though it's so obvious he's never heard of Taylor Swift. "Do you mind if I stay here while you play?"

"I very rarely have an audience," I confess. "But sure, why not." I start over the song again. I sing softly at first, much too aware of a pair of eyes and ears drilling into me, but gradually I forget about it and I'm lost in my music.

"Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be

Safe and sound"

As I finish, I become aware of Lay sitting behind again, and when I've finished, he applauds. I'm so shocked I almost drop my guitar.

"Wow, you're good," he praises in surprise. "How long have you been learning it?"

"Um, roughly a year or so... I'm not really that good, I just taught myself."

"That just makes you even better," he says, smiling. "And you sing so beautifully too." Second one in a day. What is this sorcery.

"Thanks," I mumble, embarrassed.

"May I...?" he gestures to the guitar.

"Sure," I say, handing it to him. "You can play too?"

"Yeah, but I haven't played in a while... let's see if I still remember." Turns out he does as he plays a flawless Xin Bu Liao Qing, and sings it flawlessly too.

"I see you and Jade are friends," he comments as he hands my guitar back to me.

"What? Yeah, she's so awesome. Too bad she doesn't like war games or she'll be my soul sister."

"War games?" Lay asks, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah, I originally wanted to play COD but she didn't want to, so we played Dance Dance Revolution instead. She's an incredible dancer, did you know?"

"Call of Duty?" he repeats. He's positively drooling.

"Yeah, I used to play that." I finally notice the weird way he's looking at me. "What."

"You play COD?"

"Yes, Lay," I say. "Is there anything wrong with that?"

"No, no, nothing wrong.... just too right. You're like an angel fell from heaven," he whispers, eyes shining. "Nobody here likes COD. Nobody!"

I stand up. "Well, what are you waiting for? Don't you wanna play?"

"Do I!" he almost squeals, and sprints out of the room. I laugh and run out.

"Modern Warfare, or Black Ops?" he asks excitedly. My lips curl up automatically; he's so cute, like a little kid.

"How about Black Ops, I haven't killed a zombie in ages!"

"You like zombies too?" he gasps comically.

"I don't just like them Lay, I love them, and what's more I love killing them!" I reply delightedly. We plop down onto the couch and the two of us spend a good three hours killing zombies by the hundred until it's time for dinner.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a pretty boring chapter, as will the next one, but it's necessary so... *sigh*

mentions of a LOT of songs, here are the links if you haven't heard of them:

Supergirl by Super Junior M: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pit7RS4mPI0

Fantastic Baby by Big Bang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbokV76tkU&ob=av2e

Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhdNG_ebbTg

and THIS is Xin Bu Liao Qing (新不了情), the song Lay played on the guitar on the Yinyuetai interview *v* seriously, he's PERRRRRRFECT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3m3dzOp-q4

@CatAttack1020: heehee I'm soooo glad you find it funny :D I was kinda worried it'd look lame D; but it didn't ^o^