Confession

Unpredictable
"Kris!"

"Yes?"

"Here," I take off my communicator and put it in his ear. "You'll need this. It's a communicator so Chen can tell you what's happening and he can be your eyes and anyhow, you're the leader, not me."

"Thank you," he smiles softly, "cousin." I smile back at him and Xiumin drags him out.

Suddenly, I'm reunited with two members of my family, one of them beloved but disappeared for a long time and the other, a long-lost stranger who was right in front of me the whole time. And now we're going to fight in a war where we're gonna die any moment. I just got them back and I'm probably going to lose them all too soon.

"What happened to you?" Tao asks worriedly as the rest of EXO-M files out of the door. No snide replies, I tell myself. He's being nice and so should you.

"I almost got myself killed, what do you think," I reply sarcastically automatically, and I mentally facepalm but Tao's eyes soften. I inhale deeply. "Chanyeol wanted to set Xiumin on fire but I pushed him away so my arm caught fire instead because he killed Elise because she's the traitor and I took off my armour because it was on fire and Chanyeol shoved a knife into my shoulder so my power's gone and there you go."

Tao gapes at me. "You were on fire?"

"Yeah, but that's not the point," I roll my eyes. "Point is Elise was the traitor and now she's dead and EXO-K probably wants revenge. And I don't have my power anymore."

"Neither do I."

"But I'm still gonna fight."

"So am I. We should work together."

"Okay," I smile and head for the door. He grabs my wrist.

"Wait." I look at him, eyebrow raised.

"What?"

"I..." he has a determined fire in his eyes as he backs me into the wall with his arms on either side of me. "I didn't plan to tell you because I didn't have the courage to and I keep thinking you'd reject me, but right now we're in the middle of a war and if I don't tell you now I'm afraid I'll never be able to so I'm gonna tell you and I don't care what anyone thinks and I don't mind if you don't feel the same way because I really need to get this off my chest..." he takes a deep breath. "I like you, Adrienne," he says, gazing intensely into my eyes. I avoid his gaze, my heart speeding up impossibly fast, lost for words.

Do I like him? I thought I liked Kris, but when I found out he's my cousin, instead of being horrified, it felt... right. Like all the time, I knew, subconsciously, that he wasn't the one for me anyway. And now, with Tao confessing to me so beautifully here, it also feels so right. Me liking him is the only legitimate reason as to why I'm always so confused around him. The only reason why I hate him yet care so much about him at the same time. I don't know if this is love, but I think I do like him, I do.

"I'm sorry," Tao apologises abruptly after those few seconds of silence. "I don't know what came over me." He moves away and this time, it's me who grabs his hand.

"Don't go," I say, heat creeping up my cheeks as I meet his eyes. "I--- I l-like you t-too." My heart is pounding and I feel a bit dizzy and I look down embarrassedly, but I know I've done the right thing because I suddenly feel as if a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. This feels so... right. There's no other word to describe it.

"You... you do?" Tao chokes and I manage to look up at him, at his sparkling wet eyes and his rare, beautiful smile. When he smiles he turns from this badass scary-looking guy into virtually an angel with a wonderful smile that can melt you.

His lips crash onto mine and his strong warm arms wrap around me and my last coherent thought was where the hell does he suddenly get all this courage from before I dissolve into him and the... rightness of the situation. Somewhere deep in my subconscious I think I can hear a voice telling me there is a war outside but I ignore it. I've never kissed anyone before but somehow, my lips know exactly how to respond to his, molding against his soft lips perfectly. His hands cup my face as his heavenly scent fills my nostrils and we can't seem to get enough of each other. We stay like this for an eternity, or maybe a minute, I don't know. I don't care.

When we finally break apart, gasping for air, a voice behind us says amusedly, "about time you made a move, Tao." We spin around to see Jade and Lay.

"You--- you were here the whole time?!" Tao sputters.

"Yeah. You two make the sweetest couple ever," Jade grins wickedly.

"What about you and Lay then, kissed yet?" I shoot back, giggling, recovering from the heat of the moment quickly. Jade blushes. Tao has reduced me to a giggling schoolgirl.

"I just remembered. We need to get back out there," Tao says suddenly. I nod, trying to be serious.

"Together?"

"Together." I hand him a mamanium sword and together, we charge out confidently into the battlefield.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I know. It's short. Butbutbut. TAO CONFESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I don't know about you guys but the confession is the cutest thing I've ever written in my entire life. :3 Of course it wasn't nearly as good as other writers, but still. And the funniest thing is that I wrote that while sitting, constipated, on a public toilet, which is probably the most inappropriate circumstance for writing a confession scene.

And as promised I updated as soon as I finished writing this but there wasn't WiFi available at that moment so I had to wait till I got home /_\

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NU'EST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LISTENED TO THEIR WHOLE MINI ALBUM AND I MUST SAY BAEKHO IS FIGHTING FOR MY TOP BIAS WITH KRIS AND TAO. FDGBIESUFVDIFJLKCMVZDKJVBFZOFJBGCKM

Happy Birthday (solo by BAEKHO!!!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6m35RNOZso

Sandy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB0So5vhTR0&list=UU7utdqdet-O-5kwQBervsTw&index=3&feature=plcp

Not Over You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHxe6jVTt-s&list=UU7utdqdet-O-5kwQBervsTw&index=5&feature=plcp

Yes my mission is to make everyone L.O./\.E.s :3