Chapter 14

Chosen One

The Head is getting impatient. The Phonos and the Pandora, it failed miserably. Even when he sent Athena, Poseidon and Demeter, they were useless as they swore loyalty to his daughter. The Walpurgis night preparation is almost finished. In the mean time, what they have to do is collect all of the Summons and lock them all up. This way, Dara wouldn't have any power to hide or run away from the prophecy. What should be done should be done. But to also add to his irritation, Thunder have been doing nothing to claim her back.

Tok tok.

"It's Thunder, father." Great. Speaking of the devil.

"Come in." He lowered his head to prevent seeing his son. But,Thunder came in and sat across his table, whistling happily. Thunder continued to whistle and even looked at him with a grin on his face, adding to his irritation. He looked up and glared at him. How could his son be so carefree?

"What do you want, Thunder?" He leaned his back on the chair as he eyed his son, as he suppress his anger.

"I'm going to debut soon as an idol." Thunder smiled. Snap.

 

Bull. The Father grab him by his collar, but Thunder's smile doesn't seem to get erased.

 

"Are we still playing, Thunder?" His Father's cold voice resonated.

"Father, I'm not even finished, yet," Thunder struggled to untangle his father's hold on him. "Chill, will you?"

 

With irritation, he harshly let go of his son, making him tumbled back. But Thunder managed to stay composed that he even have to fix his wrinkled shirt.

 

"Gee, Dad, thanks." Thunder said in sarcasm.

"What were you doing being an idol, wasting time?" The Head tapped his fingers rapidly on the table, expressing impatience.

"As I said, I'm going to debut," Thunder said. "And someone tipped me that my Noona has been lurking in the entertainment industry."

 

The tapping stopped, with the Head's fingers midair. His father looked at him. Why didn't he think of that? Here he thought Thunder is a good-for-nothing brat. With that in thought, he asked him to go on.

 

"That someone told me he saw my Noona with his ex-fiance and the exile Park Bom." This is beyond her plans.

"And so, if you debuted?"

"I can keep a lookout on their activities and I enjoy myself. It's like hitting two birds with one stone."

 

His father nodded in agreement. Though most of the idols in the entertainment industry are exiled Parks for protesting against the use of Summons. But of course, Park Yoochun and Park Bom are very huge right now. Though, he didn't expect that the woman is still alive after burning her with her two little friends, that's Dara for you. But, he's quite relieved that Yoochun is open to the media. He didn't cut off his ties as a Park and if he wants to, he'll dispose Thunder and just let Yoochun take over. But that isn't the issue as of now.

 

"Well then, when will you debut?"

"Tonight."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything is dark. The dark clouds roared and lightnings appeared in the sky. Dara struggled from living whips that tied her down; it's thorns pierced through her skin as it ties her, causing her to be immobile. She cried from despair and pain as the thorned whips grew tighter, her silent scream unheard.

The Summons are all locked up in the same place for the sake of the ceremony. They struggled to help her, but it was useless. Their powers are sealed because of the place they're in. When someone tries to get through, they got electrified and hold back. They couldn't do anything.

Yoochun was hanged in front of her, lifeless, his heart pierced by thorns. Her girls are not even better. They were locked up with a shield around them. They wanted to help her, but they couldn't do anything.

Lastly, Jaejoong was being tortured in front of her. He cried out in pain, but he never asked for help. Too much blood is already gone, but he endured it well. On the last pierce, he saw him looked at her and smiled, before life was taken out from him.

She couldn't believe it. The people she hold so dear in her heart are dying in front of her and she couldn't believe it.

 

"We need sacrifices, Lady Dara.A voice whispered on her ear that gave chills all over her body.

"No!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No!"

"Lady Dara!" Aeolus appeared in front of her with Apollo by his side.

Dara heaved, catching her breathe. Her body was damp of sweat as if she ran. Dara couldn't utter a word. Aeolus slowly sat her up and removed the strands of her hair that sticks on her face. She was in daze for awhile. Her dream is not a good sign. She looked at Apollo and saw a worried face. The Walpurgis is getting nearer and nearer and they both knew that the future is uncertain.

"You alright?" Aeolous asked.

"Yeah." Dara could only say. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Lady Dara, someone's looking for you." Apollo answered.

"Who is it?"

"It's Jaejoong."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong couldn't keep still as he sat on the living room of the suite. He have a lot to clarify with Dara. Their ruined date, the Pandora, then the latest, her plan to get married with the most sought bachelor in Korea slash a member of DBSK slash his bond-brother slash her supposed ex-fiance and now fiance again, Park Yoochun.

He heard a door opened and his attention turned to where it came from. What meet him is a goddess wearing a black nightie under her black silk robe. Dara leaned her head on the wall as she saw Jaejoong. But for Jaejoong it was a lovely sight. Her bare legs were crossed as she leaned and her arms crossed across her chest. Her hair was set down and she had a bare face. But she was still beautiful that the word itself doesn't give enough justice for her beauty.

"What made you come here so early Mr. KIM?" Jaejoong could feel coldness from her voice and his forehead creased at how he is being treated.

"Do we have a problem, Dara?"

"No, we don't," Dara nonchalantly answered. "Is that what you're going to ask?"

 

Jaejoong felt like a garbage at how he is being treated. Then, he realized, this is the Dara when he first saw her. The cold Dara who shuts everyone out.

 

"I just came here to check if you're alright." Lies.

"As you can see." He felt like he was slapped to how indifferent she's acting towards him.

"Well, since you're here," Dara sat on the chair in front of him. "Jaejoong, I think It'll be better for you to stay away from me."Jaejoong flinched. He is really not expecting this.

"Why?" He clenched his fist.

"If you stick to me, you might die." Dara sincerely told him.

"Dara, I know that since I met Aphrodite."

"You only know half of it." Dara insisted. "It's for your own good."

"Is it because you're getting married to Yoochun?" Dara didn't show any emotion, but she was shocked. "Yoochun and Bom talked about it and I just overheard things.

"I see." Dara could only say.

"Dara, think about it," Jaejoong said in a calm voice. "If you're going to get married with Yoochun, you'll have to spend your life together."

"I know." She knows that much.

"You may be living but you're not alive. You'll always be trapped."

 

She didn't react. She knows that much. If her plan is going to be a success, and she will not die, she have to spend her lifetime with him, but she knows she's not going to be happy. Like Jaejoong said, she may be living, but she'll never be alive.

 

"So, you want me to spend it with you while I don't know what will happen to my Summons?" Dara said, making Jaejoong shock.

"I didn't mean that-"

"Besides, we are not together, Mr. Kim," Dara snorted. "I don't think I gave you rights to mindle with my decisions. We just met and let's just stay away from each other."

Aeolus and Apollo who were listening to their conversation didn't react. It was getting tense between them. The atmosphere in the living room is getting heavier. Suddenly there was a sweet scent and a foam in a form of a human appeared.

"Jaejoong..." It was Aphrodite, who seemed to sensed this would happen. "I told you already."

Jaejoong couldn't retort anything back. Yes. He doesn't have to do anything with this. Even if he's attracted to her, they were too different. Way too different. She sees things that an ordinary man like him couldn't see. She's way too selfless, while he has everything in the world. Yet, he still feel the urge to touch her, to feel her lips. She could be the goddess of temptation for torturing him like this. But then again, in her eyes, he could be just a man who hinders her plans. A nuisance. He cringed and got annoyed by the thought.

"Hey. I told you. Let's go already." Aphrodite forced him out. "You still have a schedule, right?"

Without uttering a word, Jaejoong let himself get dragged by the goddess of love. Taking one last look at Dara, he just saw her staring at him, without any expression on her face. The door wasn't locked, yet, but Dara proceeds to her room like nothing happened and he suddenly felt a heavy tension that welled  up in his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoochun is getting his hair done for their last promotion. He stared at Jaejoong's reflection on the mirror in front of them as he is getting his make up done beside him. Since he arrived, he can't help but feel like he's too not Jaejoong. At times like this, when they will end their promotions. He'll be fake crying and give a speech for a great promotion, like always, but this time, he looks so empty, like a robot. He received a message from Apollo that Jaejoong came in the Dara's suite. Maybe that's the reason. They just met but Dara, after pulling a little, immediately let go of the rope. With also her plan for them to get married, maybe the guy finally fell to the deepest.

 

"Ohh... they're not bad." He heard Yunho said while he, Changmin and Junsu watched the artist who is performing on stage.

"That guy... doesn't he look familiar?"

 

Since he was done, out of curiosity, he joined the other members who were monotoring the anticipated group of Rain called MBLAQ. But then, as they said, a certain member looked breathtakingly familiar for a guy. He looked at the certain member thoroughly and an familiar image appeared on his head. Right then, the guy on the screen turned, showing a bit of his neck, and he found a familiar mark on it. The mark of the the other-half, which he also have. It is a must have. 

 

". Dara." Yoochun turned and rampage through his bag to get his phone. Jaejoong who was out of it snapped when he heard Yoochun cuss and also turned to monitor. When a certain member was focused, his mouth dropped.

"Come on, Dara," Yoochun mumbled as he dialled her suite's telephone.

"Hello. This is-"

"Connect me to Dara Kim. Now." He cut off the receiver.

"Wait a minute, sir."

 

The members, excluding Jaejoong, was wondering why Yoochun was so much in a haste to contact Dara. For Jaejoong, why would Yoochun contact Dara just because the guy on the stage right now is like a male version of herself? He could be just a look-alike.

 

"Dara." It seems Yoochun finally get hold of her. "Turn the TV on. Now."

 

There was a little pause. But, the people in the room were anticipating what will happen.

 

"Is that Thunder? Your brother?" Jaejoong immediately turned back to the monitor with wide eyes.

"Dara, you're moving in with me and that's final. I'll go to you today after our performance." They heard Yoochun said. "Can't you listen to me this time? Let's talk." Pause. "Wait for me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the suite, Dara just stared at the paused scene on her TV. She looked at her brother who seemed to be just winking on the screen. She knew this would soon happen but not this soon. For Thunder to enter the entertainment industry, he knows she met her girls and Yoochun. But, how? Who told him?

 

"Lady Dara, what are we going to do?" Apollo and Aeolus were with her in the living room and have the same reaction as she did.

"Aeolus, pack our stuff." She instructed him and Ares left the living room.

"Apollo..."

"Yes, Lady Dara?"

"Collect all the information of the people who are Parks in that industry including what Summons they use."

"All?" Apollo was shocked.

"All." Well, she'll have to find out. "Even the exiled."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry. This was late.

My midterm exams just ended and the week before, I have to finish some of my working drawings. Anyway, I hope you like the new update! :)) Ciao! <3