Chapter 12

Chosen One

 

"Stay away from Dara."

 

What Aphrodite said kept ringing inside Jaejoong's head. He laughed but he stopped when Aphrodite didn't look even a tiniest bit of amusement in her face. She was dead serious and he thought she was on his side.

 

Aphrodite swore she'll bring them together. But, the destiny seemed not to be in their side, after all. Dara has a responsibility. A great one at that. Not that she belittle Jaejoong, her world is too dangerous for him. He'll get killed for sure. Tonight was just a lucky night for Jaejoong. If Apollo didn't sense anything, maybe Dara was taken away and been prisoned somewhere until the Walpurgis Night.

 

When Dara and Jaejoong left, Aeolus was irriated to the roof and Aphrodite seemed restless. Apollo understands Aeolus but he keeps on wondering with Aphrodite's behavior. She's spacing out and deep in thought. She's even biting her nails

Apollo was about to ask Aphrodite when he felt a very dark aura from somewhere. He looked outside the window and saw a certain place with black aura around it. It was so visible even in the dark.

"Aphrodite, where did you say they are going to dinner?" Apollo asked, not leaving his sight from that place.

"Huh?" Aphrodite snapped from her thoughts. "It's in Harrison Hotel. They have the famous restaurant called Pandora's. Why?"

"Damn blast," Apollo hissed. "Dara's in danger."

"What?" It was Aeolus who exclaim with such anger.

"Let's go," Apollo sternly said. "We shouldn't waste our time."

"It is that Jaejoong's fault," Aeolus hissed and turned to Aphrodite. "If only you didn't push this further."

"I'm a goddess of Love, you half nymph!" Aphrodite hissed. "Know your place!"

"Enough!" Apollo stopped the both of them. "Save that for later. We have to save Dara-sama first. She's first priority. Aeolus..."

"I know..." Aeolus looked at Aphrodite one last time before they transfer to the restaurant.

 

 

"It is better that way, Jaejoong," Aphrodite shook her head. "Tonight has been tough. Go and rest. You still have a schedule." She turned to bubbles and disappeared, while he hissed.

 

No. There's no way I can do that. He could only say in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara, so as Apollo and Aeolus, is back in the suite. Dara stretch out her back and proceed to the kitchen to fetch herself some water. She didn't say anything as she pour water to her glass from the pitcher. It was painly silent. Aeolus and Apollo looked at each other and were about to leave when Dara called them.

 

"Apollo, Aeolus," Dara has her back at them as she put her glass in the sink. "Can you call Yoochun for me? Tell him to come here immediately."

"As you wish," Apollo looked at Aeolus and Aeolus disappeared. "Is there anything else?"

"Nothing," Dara opened the door to her room. "Good night, Apollo."

"Good night, Dara-sama." And he sighed as he sat on the sofa in the living room.

 

Apollo knew. Sooner or later, Dara will be found and she has to marry Thunder, whether she likes it or not. Like any Summon, she'll be trapped and she'll fall into immortality to spend her life in darkness. He could imagine everything. If they got Dara, she'll be tied down under the night of Walpurgis and them Summons will have no choice but to stare at her pained expression, screaming for help that no one could hear and in the end of the ceremony, she'll be an immortal living doll unable to feel anything. A living immortal goddess and watch people she loves die with time.

He looked at the view of the city. It looked so calm and lights were glittering everywhere, as if stars were on ground. Even if he was the god of prophecy, Dara's prophecy in even unclear to him. He can't see it. That's why he has the guts to help her as he could. There's a possiblity that everything will change. But there is one thing for certain, Kim Jaejoong is going to be in this mess whether they like it or not.

"Let's just see what happens."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She's in her room. You should go in." Aeolus told Yoochun as he brought him inside the suite.

"Is she okay?" Yoochun felt worried when Aeolus suddenly appeared in front of him and told him that Dara asked for him.

"Well, her date with that friend of yours turned to a mess," Aeolus hissed. "They got into the Pandora."

"You should go and rest, Aeolus," Apollo suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Yoochun-sama, Dara-sama is already waiting inside,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoochun knocked on Dara's door before he went in, telling her he's there. When he came in, he saw Dara staring outside her window, drinking red wine. Lights were off and the city light shun her face. She was in her dress. Maybe that's what she wore when she wen out to a date with Jaejoong. She was barefoot but her face is already free of makeup.

"I heard what happened," Yoochun talked first.

"Yeah." Dara's brief reply made the atmosphere heavier. He always hated this. How she would barely reply and the atmoshere turns gloomy. Just like this. Well, she does have the world on her shoulders.

"Say, Chun." Yoochun thanked the heavens when she finally talked.

"Yeah?"

"We were engaged, right?"

Huh? Where is she getting at?

"Dara, what are you planning?" Yoochun asked.

"I'll get to the point." Dara turned to him.

Yoochun waited as Dara lay down her glass on the table beside the bottle of red wine.

"Let's get married."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~TBC

 

 

---

 

Gosh! My head's a mess! After half a year, finally updated. I'm sorry for very late update. I know. But, I always have the writer's block. :( In addition to that, being in college is so difficult. How I wish I took Literature, not that it's easier (for those who take up Literature), but it's easier compared to mine.

 

Anyway, I hope you will still suppport this fic. But I'm just wondering, do I have Filipino readers? Or even others? =)))

 

Well, see you in the next update. I'll update as soon as I can. =)) Maybe I will now. I got my motivation back. =)