Chapter 13

Chosen One

There was silence in the room. Yoochun looked at Dara to find traces if she was kidding. But he didn't. Dara's face was stern. Emotionless. Yoochun shook his head and sat on her bed. If it was her plan, it was ridiculous. Here he thought there was something between Dara and Jaejoong as Dara agreed to have a date with Jaejoong.

 

"Dara, no," Yoochun's immediate answer. "We were no longer engaged."

"No, Chun." Dara turned her back against him. "It was just your mother who was thrown out of the household for she was never a Park to begin with."

"Wait." Yoochun couldn't grasp the situation. "You have Thunder. When Mom heard that Auntie is pregnant of a boy, she wants our engagement off."

 

He could still remember how his mother bad-mouthed Dara's mother like how she was so crazy. But then again, she can't deny the existence of Summons and she wants to break away from it. When news break out that Dara's mother was pregnant, she thought it was a good news. Then, Yoochun doesn't have to be the fiance. But then, as Dara's mother didn't show any signs of breaking it off, his mother and father fight over it until she filed a divorce. Though, it was only her who was thrown, she dragged him along and that's how he left the household. That's why what Dara is saying is not making sense with him.

 

"Why do you think the Head would let you use the name Park if you were thrown? And you're an actor to begin with."

"No, ," Yoochun couldn't help but curse. "They kept me tracked." Why didn't he noticed that?

"Bingo. Why do you think Apollo sent Aeolus to fetch you?"

"To distract them." It was making sense for Yoochun. "They'll never know were meeting."

 

Aeolus is the god of the wind, which is the reason that until now she's not being tracked. He can disrupt the invisible strings they attached to her. But what happened in the restaurant is a mere coincidence as a Park own the said resto. Of course. How could he overlooked such thigs? There were news of some Parks rebelling against the Head of the Household, but then again, they'll be dead even before they could move. It is those trackers invented to have an eye on everything.

 

"But, wait, does that mean I'm still your fiance?" Yoochun cleared.

"Yes and No." Dara answered. "Yes, but since Thunder holds the title, so No. But then, as long as you are from the first or second branch of the family, you could be my fiance."

"Huh?"

"Chun, the prophecy is to make us humans higher than the gods, isn't it?" Dara kneeled in front of him. "Also, it is also for the Parks to build an empire to exclusively use the Summons. But then, if we get married, we can reverse it."

"Reverse it? How?"

"The only way is on the Walpurgis Night."

"But, how about Jaejoong?" Yoochun stated his dilemma. "Dara, I know you l like him and so is he. He"s my friend, Dara."

"Either way, I have to die."

 

That's when Yoochun held his breathe. Right. Though, she'll be a goddess as they said in the prophecy, but it's going to be like killing her. She have to experience drastic pains and she'll be drained until she is as perfect than anyone could be. 

 

"Please think about it, Chun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, DBSK is on an event with other idols including 2NE1, but both Yoochun and Jaejoong are restless that doesn't leave unnoticed by their co-members and the 2NE1 members. 

 

"What's up with them?" CL noticed as they went to the backstage.

"I'm betting my Park name on it. It's about Dara." Bom answered as her stylists fixed her clothes.

"Why?" Minzy asked.

"Well, only one way to find out." Bom smirked.

 

Without minding the possiible fancams, she walked towards the DBSK who were standing by the stage waiting for their turn for the rehearsal.

 

"Hey." Bom shocked some of the PD who were watching them. She just casually called Yoochun.

"Hey, Bom," Yoochun sighed after she acknowledge her.

"Is this about Dara?" Bom asked as they watched the performance on stage. Currently, it's U-kiss performing.

 

Upon hearing Dara's name, Jaejoong turned towards Bom and Yoochun's direction and listened to their conversation.

 

"I really don't know what's going on her head." Yoochun sighed. "But, there's a possibility her plan works."

"Oh, it always work," Bom rolled her eyes. "We're a living proof of it." The memory is still clear as crystal.

"Yes and she wants us to get married."

"What?" Bom and Jaejoong exclaimed at the same time, attracting the attention of some fans and PD. Fortunately, they didn't seem to hear what Yoochun just said to make them react like that.

"I thought you're not engaged anymore?" Jaejoong exclaimed.

"I thought so, too," Yoochun responded.

 

Bom thought of what Yoochun just said. The prophecy said that Dara will be the most powerful of them all. She'll be able to control all of the Summons. It's like being a god herself and the ceremony will be her birth. But, the Walpurgis night could also reverse what was supossed to happen. If she got married before the the ceremony, she'll could reverse the prophecy on the Walpurgis Night. But either way, she'll lost her life.

 

"Of course..." Bom exasperated. "Right. It might work. But--"

"Yes and there's that possibility." Yoochun crossed his arms across his chest. "That's why I don't want to."

"But, it's the only way." Bom said.

"What?" Jaejoong's temper is starting to rise. "Yoochun, I thought it was off?

 

Yoochun didn't say anything. He couldn't say that it was for the sake of the Household. But he realized, this is the only way to let Jaejoong out of further danger after what happened last night. Whether he like them together or not, he'll have to push Jaejoong out or else the worst that could happen is to get tangled in their family's pretentious issues and he'll never make it out alive.

 

"Jaejoong, just forget about Dara," Yoochun coldly said. "Bom, you better go back."

"Yeah." Bom left as soon as Yoochun told her.

"Why are you and Aphrodite kept saying those things?" Jaejoong wanted to control himself from punching Yoochun on his face.

"She's still mine." With that, Yoochun left him and with that, he finally reached on a decision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was still on bed. The curtains are closed, but the sun is already high up outside. She looked up the ceiling as she remembered her conversation with Yoochun. Of course, she likes Jaejoong She even went almost obvious. But then again, she was scared for Jaejoong. Once they'll know he's special to her, they'll use him to have her back. His life will be always at stake once they figured that out.

The Walpurgis night is approaching. She have to hurry. She have to figure out how to stay alive if she did got married. She wanted to live. She wants to be alive and she'll do everything she could to live and to stop this insanity.

 

 

 

TBC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAY! Update! :)

 

Anyway, I'm glad some still enjoys reading this and to my Filipino readers, nice to meet you! :P

 

Anyways, please support this fic. I'll update as soon as I can. Anyways, enjoy! :))