Chapter 11

Chosen One

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I'm sorry, but I didn't order for this."

 

Jaejoong arched a brow and confusion is written all over his face. He didn't say anything, of course. He knew that Dara ordered the dish. He thought that he should have the same to know her taste, that is why there are already two dishes of the same for the two of them. But, when the waiter finally came with their orders, Dara suddenly said that the waiter got it wrong, making the poor man flustered.

 

"Ma'am... I was s-sure about your o-orders," the waiter stuttered.

"I certainly didn't order those," Dara's voice showed confusion, like she really didn't order the food.

"Dara... what's going--" Dara cut him off by a glare and he knew right then, that there really is something wrong.

"You know what, this is very irritating," Dara stand up and grabbed her purse. "Jae, let's go. We will stay pay for it."

 

Before she could even take a step, the whole restaurant's crew were around them, preventing them to let her escape. Now everything's obvious for Dara, the whole place is wrecking of evil spirits and for Jaejoong, he finally realized that they are definitely in trouble.

 

"We are told not to let you escape before they get you here," the waiter told her and Dara twitched a little bit at that.

 

She knew she's in trouble being in Pandora's Box. Right. Seeing the crew, she knew where she is. There was Geras, the personification of old age; Oizys, the personification of suffering; Moros, the personification of doom; Momos, the personification of blame; Eris, the personification of strife;Nemesis, the personification of retribution; Keres, the personification of carnage and violent death and a lot more.

 

"Confinement, I see," Dara was still calm and closed her eyes. "Well then, I'll just have to force our way."

 

Jaejoong wondered and just before he could say something, a gush of wind circled around Dara, making him draw back. When it was gone, Aeolus and Apollo were around Dara while Aphrodite was beside him. Staring back and forth from Aelous and Apollo to Aphrodite, thoughts formed inside Jaejoong's head like if they followed them (or spied them). That idea irritated him the most. It was supposed to be a date, after all. One would not like to have their dates ruined because someone is tailing them. But then, he hated to admit that if they didn't, Dara will be in danger. For the first time in his life, he felt really powerless and just stare at the woman being protected by her Summons.

 

"Dara-sama..." Aelous didn't look at her but she knew, he is waiting for her orders and same goes for Apollo and Aphrodite.

 

Time is ticking but the only way to escape the Pandora's Box is through Aphrodite's Pearl, but what makes it unreliable is that it only works with men. Frustrating, yes. But, another option is to find the Spirit of Hope, Elpis and they will be out of here. With all the evil spirits around them, they have to flee from the place as soon as possible before they sank in deeply and the Park Household will be able to take hold of her and risk Jaejoong. She wouldn't want that.

 

"Aphrodite, take Jaejoong away from here." Dara looked at Jaejoong apologetically.

"Yes," Aphrodite then looked at Jaejoong, who's battling himself to say anything more. "Come on, baby." A pearl appeared around them and they disappeared in thin air.

"So..."

 

Cold shivers run down the evil spirts' bodies. Just like the rumours around about the Chosen One about her being colder than ice, feeling it firsthand gave them a hint of what would happen if they are not alert. If they don't keep an eye on her, they'll be locked in the place forever. Definitely she may have a face of an angel, but her eyes doesn't say so that she is.

 

"Apollo... go find her..." Dara fingercombed her hair, like she was really bored and Apollo did.  "Aelous, apokteinó."

"As you wish, milady."


Instinctly, as Dara closed her eyes, Aelous circulated her winds to prevent the spirits to get to her. If they did, they'll be slashed and will be gone forever. To add to that, Aeolus was very merciless in getting rid of them. Screams from the spirits can be heard, the sharp slashing was loud enough, to scare them and make the spirits draw back. Aelous may not be one of the Olympian gods, but then again, he is still the god of the wind.

 

``````````````````````````````````

 

Apollo set off outside the private room and through the halls trying to find Elpis but when some evil spirits prevented him to, a golden bow appeared in his hand struck each of them with arrows that looked like sunrays and pierced the spirit like it never existed. More of them keep coming but the same thing happens.

 

Then, he saw a glistening white figure sitting on a corner, holding flowers in her hands. But, her feet is chained, explaining how she can't escape the place. He knew right then. It is Elpis, the Spirit of Hope, which is said, the only thing that was left inside the Pandora's Box. How pitiful. She really can't escape the place, after all. But then again, they need her.

 

"Elpis... come..."

 

Elpis turned to hear a voice that was so soft, as if she heard it from the heavens. Then, she saw Apollo, blinding her of his radiance. She knew right then that she was enchanted by his beauty. She dropped the flowers and slowly approached Apollo and kissed his hands, looking at him with such love.

 

"Do you want to get out of here, Elpis?" Apollo carressed her face.

 

"Yes..." Elpis voice quivered as she heard Apollo's voice.

 

"Well then, you know what to do, dear," Apollo whispered softly to her ears. "You'll help us, won't you?"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jaejoong was sitting on his bed. The lamp beside the bed was the only thing that illuminated the room. It wasn't that long but he felt so exhausted. But then, he was still worried. He and Aphrodite was able to escape the place, but Dara is still there. He doesn't feel really good.

 

Aphrodite arrived holding out a glass of brandy, ice clinking with the glass. Jaejoong accepted it and drank it in one gulp. Aphrodite couldn't hold it any longer and knelt in front of Jaejoong.

 

"Jae, you know that I love you, don't you?" Aphrodite carressed his face.

 

Jaejoong didn't respond. He felt something was no right.

 

"But, Jae, you know that I love Dara more," Aphrodite continued. "And you know that I know what is between you. There is magic, isn't it?"

 

Jaejoong frowned. He don't understand why Aphrodite is saying all of this and her point of saying it. 

 

"What are you trying to say, Aphrodite?" Jaejoong asked.

 

"Stay away from Dara."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC

 

( apokteinó - kill) I dunno if this is right.

 

 

 

 

AFTER 1234567890 YEARS, I UPDATED~!

I know it is so late. I'm sorry.

I know you waited for so long. T^T

I don't know what to say, but please support this fanfic of mine. :)

Please forgive me if there any errors.