Blood and Tears

Memories

 

For years to come, Sehun would relive this moment over and over again. He remembered with perfect clarity the minute he had read the words on the card. He remembered how the pain had hit him; he was numb at first, but the numbness didn’t last long. He remembered how he had curled up on the bed, unable to stop the sobs that were racking through his body. He remembered how he had dug his nails into the palms of his hands, hoping that the physical pain would take away the mental pain. He remembered how he closed his eyes, willing unconsciousness to take him.

 

 

 

 

Sehun stared at the card in his hand, not able to fully comprehend the words written on it. It wasn’t possible.

            He picked up the book and saw the title of it.

            Romeo and Juliet.

 

            No…NO!

 

            Sehun felt time stop around him again, but this time it was for a very different reason. The first time, his heart had almost burst with happiness, with Luhan’s lips against his. Now, he was alone. Alone in a hotel room. With Romeo and Juliet. And a card. And a lone red rose.

 

           Sehun dropped the card on the table. It fluttered down and landed face-up, revealing the words written on it.

            I’m sorry, Sehun.

 

            Sehun. Not Sehun-ah.

 

            He would not see Luhan today. And the next time he would see him, it wouldn’t be the same. It could never be the same. Not after this.

 

            The next couple of hours passed in a blur of blood and tears. There was blood all over the palms of his hands, running down his arms. He had dug his nails deep enough to cut the soft skin. The physical pain took away the mental pain, but only initially. It ended up fading into one big pain. A pain that throbbed through him like nothing else.

            Sehun wanted to scream.

            The tears streaming down his face weren’t enough to express the amount of pain he was going through. He could literally feel his heart breaking.

 

            Why Luhan? WHY? What was so bad about our relationship? Did I do something wrong? What changed with us? You promisedthat you wouldn’t forget about me; our love. What happened that made you do this? WHY LUHAN? WHY? You were my everything Luhan, everything. I couldn't even go a day without you, and I didn't think you did without thinking of me. You were the most pure, beautiful thing I'd ever seen, and I was the happiest person in the world because you were mine, and I could call you mine. You were mine, Luhan, and I was yours!

            I thought you loved me, Luhan! Hyung, why are you doing this? Why, hyung, why?!

            I thought our love was real, hyung, I thought you did too! What was wrong with me that made you do this?

            I thought our love was forever, hyung!

            Forever!

 

            Forever…

 

            Sehun didn’t remember throwing himself on the bed, but when he came to, he found himself curled up with the blankets, clutching a pillow. He looked at the bedside table clock, and saw that it was 7:00 A.M.He had fallen asleep when he had exhausted himself of all energy.

            He tried to let the pillow go, but found that it had dried to his arms with the blood. Sehun forcefully ripped the pillow from himself, almost relishing the pain that followed.

 

            Anything was better than the internal pain. Anything.

 

            Sehun somehow made his way into the bathroom and managed to undress himself and take a shower. He watched as the water washed his arms of the dried red-brown streaks and cleaned the wounds in his palms. It was amazing how quickly the marks of pain could be erased; within minutes, his arms were clean and there were almost no marks in his palms.

           

            When he got out of the shower and was dressed, it was only 8:00. He had over 12 hours to kill until his plane left.

            Sehun absentmindedly took out the plane tickets from the pocket of his jacket.

            The envelope had more pieces of paper than he had thought there were originally.

            There was a note from Joonmyun.

 

            Check the time on your ticket back. -Joonmyun

 

            Sehun obliged, and saw that the ticket was actually for 10:00 A.M., not P.M.

            And he knew. Joonmyun had known what Luhan was going to do. Which meant that all the other members knew too, or at least EXO-K. Then again, everyone in EXO-M had shunned him along with Luhan, so they knew too.

            Sehun didn’t know what to think. They had planned this? Why would they have planned something like this? They planned for Sehun to walk into an empty hotel room, expecting Luhan and getting a breakup note instead?

            Sehun wondered what kind of people he was friends with.

 

            Before leaving, Sehun looked around at the trashed hotel room. There were pillows thrown everywhere; some of them had ripped, so there were also feathers floating around. The only thing untouched was the table with the rose. Sehun had already tucked the card into his wallet, knowing that he would regret it if he didn’t bring it with him. Impulsively, Sehun plucked one petal from the rose and slid it in between the pages of Romeo and Juliet.

 

 

            Sehun barely remembered going to the airport and getting on his flight. He flight back passed by slower than the flight there, probably because Sehun couldn’t bear to hear Luhan’s voice. And Luhan’s voice was the only thing he wanted to hear.

            Sehun curled his hands into fists, feeling his fingernails cut into the already torn skin of his palm. He dug deeper, but there was no blood.

            So now he was out of both blood and tears.

            Sehun wondered if he was even human anymore.

 

            Sehun hadn’t contacted any of the EXO-K members to tell them when he was coming back, but he wasn’t really surprised to see them all waiting for him in a surprisingly fan-free airport.

            Sehun had planned on just walking past them, ignoring them, but one look at Kyungsoo’s worried face told him that he couldn’t do that. It was all he could do but run straight into their arms as soon as he was past the gate.

            He didn’t need to run. Chanyeol was already there for him before he took two steps. And Chanyeol gave big bear hugs. Sehun needed a big bear hug.

            He buried himself in Chanyeol’s arms and chest, thinking that he wouldn’t cry.

            He was wrong. The front of Chanyeol’s shirt was soaked within minutes.

            Kyungsoo eventually was able to worm his way through to Sehun, and almost threw himself into Sehun’s arms. Sehun hugged the smaller, finding comfort in his worry. Kyungsoo’s eyes had always been big, but now they were absolutely humongous. They took up at least half his face, if not more.

            “Sehun-ah, how are you feeling?” Kyungsoo was such a mom.

            Sehun didn’t respond, but it didn’t seem like Kyungsoo was expecting an answer.

            Joonmyun had pity in his eyes.

            “Come on guys. Let’s go home.”

            Jongin slung an arm around Sehun’s shoulders carelessly, but it let Sehun know that Jongin was there for him. All of the members were.

            They had known what Luhan was going to do, and they had prepared themselves to deal with a crying, emotionally broken, hormonal Sehun.

           

            When they arrived back at the dorm, Baekhyun tried to feed Sehun, but Sehun locked himself in the room he shared with Joonmyun before Baekhyun even got close. No one followed after him, and he knew that they were giving him some privacy. He even noticed that a lot of Joonmyun’s clothes and things were missing from the room. He assumed that they were stashed away in another room because Joonmyun had known that Sehun wasn’t going to be up for company for the next few days, weeks, months.

           

            Sehun sank onto his bed.

            That bed had been where Luhan first kissed him, all those months ago.

            Sehun felt the tears form in his eyes, but he angrily brushed his hand across his face and pulled out the book Luhan had left him.

            Romeo and Juliet.

           

           

 

 

            Sehun let the petal flutter onto the table and turned his face to look at all of the bookshelves in the room. They were all empty, except for the one to the right of him. It had one book in it.



 

A/N: WHY LUHAN WHYYY :c

anyway, I won't be able to update until maybe next Tuesday :(

 

thank you guys SOOO MUCH for your comments and subscriptions :DD

(even though it's xiuhan >.>)

(omg was anyone else totally fangirling over luhan's boxers? holy crap luhan. /fangirls forever)

 

hope you liked the chapter haha XD