Little Flower Boy

Memories

 

            Luhan’s time during rehabilitation passed quicker than Sehun expected. Before he knew it, Luhan was back to his normal self. His hair grew out, his complexion improved, and thanks to Kyungsoo’s cooking, he put back on the weight he had lost.

            One thing remained the same throughout the whole time. His smile.

            Luhan’s smile was always there for Sehun when he needed it, and it was one of the only things that could make him feel better.

           

            When Luhan was well enough to join them in their EXO activities, Joonmyun, Wu Fan, and their managers went to Lee SooMan and somehow convinced him to give them permission to schedule a solo concert for EXO. Sehun had been watching Luhan solve a rubix cube when the four of them had burst in the door, shrieking and yelling that they were going to hold their own concert, and Luhan would be performing with them.

            Well, Wu Fan didn’t really ‘shriek and yell’, but Sehun could tell that he was excited.

            Luhan, being Luhan, didn’t even pay attention to them until he was done solving the cube. It didn’t take him long, though, and soon they were all running around the dorm in excitement.

           

            That night, Luhan had come into Sehun and Joonmyun’s room and slipped into Sehun’s bed, burying his head in Sehun’s neck. Joonmyun took the cue and left, and Sehun was grateful.

            “Sehun-ah?”

            “Yes, hyung?”

            “Are you excited for our concert?” The concert was going to be in about four months.

            “Well, yeah! Aren’t you excited too?”

            Luhan was silent. Then, “What if I mess up?”

            Sehun’s brow furrowed. “So what if you mess up?”

            “I haven’t performed in more than a year. What if people are disappointed with what they see?”

            Sehun turned to face Luhan, finding his eyes in the dark.

            “Who cares if you mess up? You’ll still be Luhan, and plus, the fans will think your mistakes are adorable.”

            “I am not adorable! Stop talking down to me.”

            “Well I can’t talk up to you. You’re too short.”*

            Luhan smacked him, but he was laughing. It had been a while since Luhan had really laughed, and Sehun realized that he had missed it. A lot.

            “Oh, by the way, hyung?”

            “What?”

           “Get ready for some grueling practices. Just because you were sick doesn’t mean Jongin will be easy on you. Same goes for our dance instructors.”

            Luhan groaned and buried his face in the pillow. Sehun laughed and put an arm around Luhan, coaxing his head up.

 

            “Oh, my God. Luhan, what did you do?”

            “What do you mean, what did I do?”

            Sehun pointed to the trail of red marks on his neck and collarbone. Luhan took one look at them and burst out laughing.

            “This isn’t funny. What am I going to tell everyone?”

            Luhan was still laughing.

            “Hyung!”

            Luhan finally calmed down and went over to Sehun and Joonmyun’s closet. He found a shirt that somehow managed to cover most of the damage. He threw the shirt to Sehun and found a jacket that could cover the rest of it.

            Sehun glowered, but he put the clothes on. Luhan was watching him with a funny half-smile on his face.

            “Hyung?”

            “Hm?”

            “Your face looks weird.”

            “You mean, my face looks gorgeous and beautiful and you love it?”

            “Oh, shut up.”

            But Sehun kissed him anyway.

 

            Luhan made his final trip to the rehabilitation center; the doctors and nurses were all sad to see him go, because he could always make the other patients smile. Sehun, on the other hand, was glad the Luhan was finally done.

            Sehun even paid for bubble tea that day.

            They would’ve stayed out all day, but their dance instructors forced them to come to the training room, where they promptly started to torture them. Even Jongin was exhausted by the end. Sehun was surprised that Luhan made it all the way through.

            “I’m okay, Sehun-ah. I’ve missed this.”

            Sehun didn’t know why Luhan would miss torture, but he didn’t say anything. Then again, torture was better than cancer. Or were they the same thing?

 

            Anyway.

Luhan was perfectly healthy.

            It was all Sehun had ever hoped for.

 

            The day before their concert, they had done two full rehearsals back to back, making sure everything was perfect. Afterwards, they had all been resting in the dressing room, but Luhan was still onstage, practicing his solo song. He would be singing我让你走了**, the song that he had covered before debuting. It was supposed to be a surprise stage for the fans.

            Joonmyun had been going around to each member, making sure that everyone was in good condition for the next day. Sehun smiled, watching his leader talk to everyone with love in his eyes.

            They all went to bed early that night, wanting to be awake and functional for the next day. Joonmyun had come in to find Luhan occupying his bed, pretending to be asleep. Joonmyun laughed, and said, “You know, hyung, maybe we should just permanently switch rooms.”

            Luhan continued to pretend to be asleep. Joonmyun just ruffled his hair affectionately and left. When he was gone, Luhan opened his eyes.

            “Did he just ruffle my hair? Why does everyone treat me like a kid?!”

            Sehun rolled his eyes.

            “Maybe, hyung, it’s because you look about twelve.”

            “I do not look twelve!”

            “Keep telling yourself that.”

            Luhan threw a pillow at Sehun, and then went to retrieve it when Sehun just pulled him into the same bed. Luhan struggled feebly in protest, but Sehun knew that he didn’t actually mean it.

 

            Sehun woke up the next morning to Luhan’s lips pressed against his.

            “Hmm?”

            “Good morning, Sehun-ah.”

            “Good morning, hyung.”

            “Let’s go back to sleep.”

            “Okay.”

            They snuggled there together until Joonmyun and Wu Fan both came and tried to drag them out of bed. When they wouldn’t budge, Wu Fan just slung Luhan over his shoulder and carried him to the bathroom, Luhan kicking and protesting, but laughing at the same time.

 

            Sehun didn’t care what happened as long as Luhan kept smiling.

 

            After Sehun came out of the shower, Kyungsoo pounced on him and dragged him to the kitchen and made him sit down, placing a big plate of his kimchi spaghetti in front of him.

            “Kimchi spaghetti for breakfast?”

            “You’re going to need your strength today.”

            “How early were you up making this, hyung?”

            Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “I’m the mother. Mothers sacrifice a lot for their children. But I got up at three thirty, thank you very much.”

            Sehun looked at the clock. It was almost four thirty.

            “I was sleeping at three thirty.”

            Kyungsoo sniffed. “Children.”

            Sehun smiled into his spaghetti, and swatted Joonmyun away when he came in and tried to steal some.

 

            It was still dark when they left their dorm to head to the salon to get ready for the concert later that day. Jongin was practically sleepwalking, as usual, and Kyungsoo was leading him along, as usual. Chanyeol had an unconscious Baekhyun on his back, and Yixing was amusing himself by poking Baekhyun’s cheeks. Wu Fan was watching this whole thing looking like he was trying not to laugh.

           

            The salon ladies were as sweet as Sehun remembered them to be, cooing and fussing over them, insisting that they weren’t getting enough sleep and that they should be given a break. Joonmyun smiled and said that this was what they’ve always wanted to do, and fatigue wasn’t a big hindrance. Jongin looked like he was about to say something about fatigue, but then decided against it. Then he fell back asleep while getting his hair and makeup done. As usual.

            Luhan was talking to the ladies easily, just like he had before when they had first come to the salon. They adored and doted over him, calling him their ‘little flower boy’. Luhan would just smile and accept the name.

            When Sehun tried to call Luhan a ‘little flower boy’, he was treated to a punch to the chest and a bubble tea ban for a month.

            Sehun never tried to call him that ever again. Plus Luhan punched really hard, despite his face.

 

            By the time they were all in their costumes for the first song, Jongin and Baekhyun were awake. Jongin had dragged Yixing and Sehun aside for some last minute practice of their dance. Sehun felt great. He was hitting all the moves and his timing was perfect. Usually, he and Yixing were a little off, but not that day.

            That day, they were perfect.

 

            Sehun watched Luhan practice his song, going over the notes and lyrics over and over again. When he sang a portion of it onstage to check the mic system, Sehun had goosebumps on his skin from Luhan’s voice. Jongdae had been standing next to him, and when their arms accidentally brushed, Sehun felt goosebumps on Jongdae’s arm as well.

 

            Luhan’s going to be so amazing. I just know it.

 

            Sehun gave Luhan a hug when he bounded off the stage, face flushed from standing in the hot lights.

            “Hyung, you sound amazing.”

            Luhan waved the compliment away. “It could have been better.”

            Sehun rolled his eyes. “Oh, you perfectionist.”

            “There’s nothing wrong with being a perfectionist!”

            “No. It’s just weird.”

            “It’s not weird!”

            “Whatever.”

            Luhan lightly punched Sehun, but Sehun ducked away.

            “Wait, hyung. You love me, and you’re a perfectionist. Therefore, I am perfect.”

            This time, Luhan was the one to roll his eyes. “Keep telling yourself that, Sehun-ah.”

            “Oh, I will.”

            “I think it’s time to bring up your lisp.”

            Sehun groaned. Luhan didn’t bring up his lisp frequently, but when he did, Sehun always regretting provoking the elder in the first place.

            Luhan laughed and leaned forward to press his lips against Sehun’s. Sehun kissed him back, loving the softness of Luhan’s lips on his.

            “Does this mean you’re not going to make fun of my lisp?”

            “I always make fun of your lisp.” And before Sehun could say anything, Luhan kissed him again.

 

            They had a quick, last minute runthrough of the entire concert, drilling the performance order into their heads, practicing parts of the dance. Joonmyun looked nervous, but right before they went onstage for the opening, he managed to get it together to say, “Guys, have fun. That’s all we need to do, right? Have fun.”

            Tao muttered under his breath, “But don’t mess up.”

            Wu Fan shot him a look, but Tao had already rearranged his features to the ‘innocent maknae smile’, and Wu Fan could never resist that smile.

 

            Joonmyun smiled at them one last time. They gathered in a circle and put an arm in the middle of it.

“사랑하자***!”


 

 

*City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

**I Let You Go (Luhan cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-k_r1bngd8

***trans: Let’s love! (what EXO members yell before performing)

 

A/N: 

-LOOK AT ALLTHIS FLUFFINESS I CAN’T

-I forgot what it was like to write fluff LOL

-where is the angst

-what am I doing

-brb quitting life

-loljk

-I think

just a fluffy, connecting chapter. XD

thanks for reading!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH /HUGS