Chapter 7

My Flower

 

Chapter 7:

Years passed and I’m still with Nichkhun. I didn’t think it was possible but I fell more and more in love with Nichkhun everyday. We would do a lot of stuff together and we never had any fights.

We argued, but it never came to the point where we would get really mad at each other and he usually let me have it my way.

Jang Wooyoung was Nichkhun other friend and he hangs out with us a lot too. We calling him Wooyoung. Wooyoung is a little older than me and is really nice. He has this really cute smile. When he smiles, you can’t help but smile back. I called him ‘Smile Killer.’

He didn't have a good family life either. His dad is a drunk and his mom had passed away when he was young. Usually, it was just the three of us together. My home life is a lot better thanks to Nichkhun.

My stepmom didn’t dare to touch me anymore and it’s still the same between me and my dad. We don’t talk much. Nichkhun's parents like me a lot too. It’s because when they tell Nichkhun to do something and he wouldn’t do it, they would come to me for help.

I’m kind of like their pawn. Life was heaven for me until it completely shattered on this day. It started out with good news but who would have known it would end up in tragedy?

June 15, 2008

My stepmom and dad came home one day from visiting the Horvejkul's.

“Guess what?” my stepmom told me excitedly.

“What?” I asked calmly.

“The Horvejkul's are planning a wedding for you and Nichkhun!” I sat down because my knees gave way. I was totally surprised by this news but I was so happy to hear it because I’m so in love with Nichkhun.

“Really?” I asked excitedly.

“How did this happen?”

“Mr. Horvejkul wanted Nichkhun to get married and he figured you’re the girl he should marry.”

“What did Nichkhun say?” I had to ask. I didn’t want him to be forced into this.

“Of course he agreed,” she answered.

My breathing increased so I took out my respirator. After I calmed down, my stepmom took me into her room and told me all about the arrangements.

Meanwhile back at the Horvejkul mansion…

“Just because you’re making this wedding for me and Victoria doesn’t mean I owe you anything!” Nichkhun yelled angrily at his dad. Mr. Horvejkul grabbed Nichkhun by the collar of his shirt.

“ Nichkhun! Listen to me. Once you and Victoria get married, your grandpa will give you all of his businesses. Sharing part of it with your Dad isn’t asking for too much is it?” Nichkhun pushed his dad away. He began to laugh.

“The only two people grandpa will give the businesses to is me or uncle. He won’t give it to you because you’ll spend it all on those ! I bet all your money is gone by now.” It was true. Mr. Horvejkul was in serious debt and he needed Nichkhun to get married because Nichkhun's grandpa was going to give Nichkhun his inheritance once he gets married.

 Nichkhun had just turned 18 and his dad had planned the marriage months ahead. His Dad got on his knees.

“Please son. Please do it for me.” Nichkhun rolled his eyes.

“You’re so pathetic, Dad.” He sighed. Living with Nichkhun taught him compassion and sympathy for others.

“I’ll see what I can do Dad.” He went into his room. Just then his cellular phone rang. He picked it up, thinking it was Victoria.

Using his y voice, he whispered, “Hi Victoria.”

A weird high-pitched giggle came from the other end of the line.

“Ooh…” said the voice.

“Hi to you too y.” Nichkhun rolled his eyes.

“Oh shut up Wooyoung.” Using his real voice, Wooyoung began to laugh out loud.

“Gross Hyung! That’s how you talk to Victoria? Ew! It gives me the chills!”

“Hey Wooyoung,” said Nichkhun seriously.

“Is everything set and ready to go?”

“Yeah hyung,” said Wooyoung.

“Good,” said Nichkhun, smiling.

“Meet me at the docks tonight. From there we can sail to the mainland airport and get away from Hawaii to start a new life in Korea.”

“Yeah,” said Wooyoung.

“But did you tell Victoria about it?”

“No,” answered Nichkhun, sighing.

“I’m afraid she won’t leave her family. I’m planning to just kidnap her and take her along. It’s easier that way and no hassle.”

“Right,” said Wooyoung.

“At least the three of us will still be together.”

“Yeah,” said Nichkhun.

“Meet you in an hour. Get everything ready. I got our money too.”

“Okay,” replied Wooyoung.

“Bye.” Nichkhun clicked off his phone. Nichkhun's dad didn’t know about it but his grandpa had given him $10 million in advance, along with hotel ownerships in Korea and Hawaii as his wedding gift.

He planned to leave his dad $5 million and live off the rest with Victoria and Wooyoung.

He smiled thinking about how he would get away from everything and just be with the one he loved the most, Victoria.