Chapter 7 : YoungJae

B.A.P. ONESHOTS!

COFFEE DATE 

________________

"Hyung~" I heard Zelo whine to Yongguk hyung again. It was no surprise though, i saw it coming. Tsk tsk tsk, told him he should have studied harder. 

"What is the meaning of this? An F? Why is there an F on your paper?" Yongguk was sitting on the couch with his intense gaze fixed on the fidgeting young boy. Zelo was slightly pouting with his eyebrows drawn together. He avoided the leader's glare as he stood there with his hands behind his back. 

The rest of the members were minding their own business. Daehyun and JongUp were in the room probably resting or surfing the net. Himchan was in the kitchen 'hunting' for something to munch on such a late night. I was simply bored to death since i couldn't do anything at all. The toilet bowl welcomed my phone first thing in the morning today and now, i have no phone to contact anyone. I would use the member's phones but i'd rather not. I tried catching up on some sleep but somehow my body clock is used to staying up this late. I sat on the high chair by the counter table in the kitchen. My arms folded on the counter and i rested my chin on it. From there, i could see the whole living room and also the epic scene of Zelo being lectured by Yongguk. Such a fine scene. 

 

"I asked you why is there an F on your paper?" Yongguk’s voice started to raise. 

I saw annoyance written all over Zelo's face, "I failed ok? So what?" 

"So what?" Yongguk repeated Zelo's words in disbelief, "Your future is on the line that's what." 

"I already have a future, i'm a B.A.P. member. That's all that matters right? I don't need to put in hard work for my studies anymore." Zelo stared back down at YongGuk. 

 

Himchan came out of nowhere and sat next to me, munching on a banana. He nudged my shoulder and whispered, "What happened?" 

"Zelo flunked, again." I explained in a bored tone. 

 

Then i heard Yongguk let out a deep sigh. 

"We've been through this JunHong, Your education is still important no matter how successful the group is. I promised your parents that i will make sure you'll graduate high school despite debuting." Yongguk tried to reason out with the growing teen in front of him. 

"Well I don't give a damn. I'm going to sleep." Zelo stormed off and went into the room he shared with JongUp. 

"CHOI JUNHONG!" Yongguk stood up and raised his voice not caring if it was already 2am in the morning. 

 

The door closed shut and Yongguk slumped back down on the couch. I raised a brow and looked at the current situation. Zelo was growing up, it is only natural for him to be reckless at such an age. Although JongUp is a better kid than him, he never caused any big trouble for us before. Oh well, I guess Zelo needs to be controlled in another method. 

 

"Hyung, i'm going out for some fresh air for a while. The atmosphere is too tense for me to stay at ease." I patted Himchan's back and quietly slipped out of the chair and into the front entrance. Yongguk was too distracted to notice. After carefully wearing my shoe, I tiptoed out of the dorm and went down to the neighbourhood. The night air was exceptionally cold that day; it was really a cold summer night. I was wearing only some sweatpants and a plain v-neck shirt. I had only myself to blame for wearing such thin clothing. 

I started wondering around the streets; luckily fans are never around in the middle of the night. I felt more at ease knowing i had nothing to worry about. I walked into the nearest 24 hour convenient store and went towards the beverage section. There were no other people other than me, the cashier and also a lady who was at the counter. Ignoring them, I opened the freezer door and grabbed a can of latte and proceed to the cashier for payment. Then i noticed the brown wavy haired lady was still at the counter searching her bag. I stood behind her with my can of latte observing her. Her hair dropped down to her face so i couldn't get a glimpse of her features but by the way she dressed, I'm guessing she's a rich girl.  She looked up at the counter and bowed her head as she apologized. She twirled around and our eyes locked. 

My heart beat stopped. I met an angel. 

 

Tumblr_m7qddwyzad1qh35jlo1_500_large

 

"Ah. I'm sorry i didn't know you were in line. You may pay first.." She tucked her hair behind her ear and gestured me to the cashier. My body felt a tingly sensation everywhere. Was this how love was supposed to feel? Her calm voice captured me, her warm and friendly gesture told me that she was the one. I wanted to thank her but my brain couldn't send the signal, my heart was taking over everything. I walked up to the cashier and saw the same can of latte that i was holding. I turned my head to the side and notice her still frantically searching her bag. Then i heard her mumble, "Where in the world is my money." 

 

That fixed everything. I looked at the two latte and pushed them to the counter. The guy behind the counter stared at me. He looked way younger than me, about JongUp's age? 

"I'll pay." I told him and he scanned the bar code. I handed the cash over and took the cans. I turned back to see her still searching. I walked over and extended my arm towards her. 

"Here, yours." I simply said. 

She was clearly shocked as her eyes rounded and sparkled more than the usual. It drove me to my edge. 

"You shouldn't have." She gasped. 

"It’s not good for a lady to stay up all night just for a can of coffee." I smiled to her as i shook the can towards her, "Take it." 

 

She politely bowed and received the can with both her hands. Once again, she tucked her long hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry for causing such inconvenience." She apologized. 

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly while mumbling incoherently, "It's nothing..."

*Man, what's wrong with my body*

The two of us stood there in the awkward atmosphere. I held onto the can with both my hands and nodded to her. 

"I should be going now..." I quickly said my goodbye and went out of the store, hoping to lose her but then i heard her calling out to me. 

"Wait! Please! I need to repay you in some way.." She caught up with me. 

"It's alright. Really, i'm fine with it." I tried to convince her. 

"But...you paid for me." She pouted, driving me completely insane but i managed to hide it in. 

I gave her a smile, "Just think of it as a small gift." 

"Can i at least know your name?" Her eyes sparkled. 

 

I stood there gazing at her, the most beautiful angel I've ever met. My heart continued to pound hard against my rib-cage. Then it struck me, she was asking for my name? She does not know who i am. She doesn't know i'm a celebrity? I'm an idol? 

"I'm Yoo YoungJae." I answered her question. 

Her expressions turned jubilant and she beamed at me. "Well, YoungJae-ssi, I hope good luck will be bestowed upon you and that we'll meet again and i'll be able to repay my debt." 

I was admiring her everything. The way her words rang in my ears felt so beautiful, her voice was a melody that comforted me.  Just then my temporary phone rang. I took it out and read the ID caller 'Yongguk hyung' and i took a quick glance at the digital clock on it. 

*. It's already 3:30am?!*

 

"I'm sorry but i really have to go. Take care and go home safely." I quickly said as i made my way back to the dorm while i answered the phone call from Yongguk. I was so totally dead meat when i get back. 

 

~~~~~~****~~~~~~~

 

Days passed since i last met that angel. I regretted not knowing at least her name. I tried to sneak out again but Yongguk 'grounded' me from going outdoors at night. It was a Friday and i was sitting in the waiting room, backstage, of Music Bank studio. I was simply staring into space when i felt a nudge on my shoulder. I turned to see Daehyun. 

"What's wrong? You've been wondering off a lot lately." He frowned at me. 

I raised a brow, "Wondering off? I've been around you every single day. I'm not allowed to wonder off anymore remember?" I let out a sigh. 

Daehyun clucked his tongue," Tsk tsk, i didn't mean that genius. I meant mentally. Something bothering you?" 

Though the way he phrased it was sarcastic but i knew there was concern in him. I just shrugged my shoulders. 

"Just tired i guess." 

 

Knock Knock. 

The door to our waiting room clicked open and the stage managed walked in with a pink paper bag covered with red hearts. Everyone blinked at the item. 

"I was given instructions to give this to Yoo YoungJae of B.A.P." The stage manager read a small yellow note then proceeds to look at me. I blinked at him. *For me? Probably a fan gift.*

The stage manager handed me the paper bag and the other members started to crowd around me. 

"Hyung what's in it?!" Zelo was already excited despite it being my gift. 

"Maybe a secret admirer" Himchan wriggled his eye brows. 

"Yeah right hyung." I rolled my eyes. 

"Open it." Yongguk was slightly peeking. 

 

I held the paper bag away from him and carefully opened the bag. To my surprise, i found a can of the exact same latte i bought on that night. Before i could take it out of the bag, Himchan beat me to it. 

"A can of latte? What kind of gift is this? You've been having trouble staying awake YoungJae?" Daehyun observed me. A frown came upon my face and i though hard. *Could it be her?*

 

"Look Hyung, there's a note in it." JongUp leaned in to look in the bag. 

I took the small folded note out of the bag and unfolded it. My eyes sparkled and my heart beat accelerated once again. Then YongGguk snatched the note from my hands. 


"YoungJae-ssi, thank you for the latte the other day. I'm impressed to see you up on stage performing. You're an idol, Wow. B.A.P.? I'm officially a fan. A baby, is that what your fans are called? Then I'll be your baby <3 

^-^ I'm looking forward to seeing you on stage. I'll be anticipating it <3  Love, Kim Hyerin" Yongguk read it out loud and his eyes widened at the 'Love' part. 

"Told ya, a secret admirer. Hehehe~Secret Love huh?" Himchan smirked. 

"Hyung's in love?" Zelo blurted out.

*Kim Hyerin...such a beautiful name...* I was lost in my own world when suddenly i heard Yongguk yelling out. 

 

"SHE EVEN WROTE HER NUMBER!!" 

 

I snapped out of my daze and snatched the note. *She really did! I can meet her again!*

"No no no no, you are not allowed to contact anyone other than your family members." Yongguk grabbed the note and handed it to Zelo, "dispose of it." 

"WHAT?! NO HYUNG! NO- WAIT- HYUUUNG!" I ended up running after Zelo and Yongguk who decided to make me the 'monkey'. When i finally got hold of the note i ran out of the room while they started teasing me but i couldn't careless. Then i realised there was another sentence. 

"Find me among the crowd today, I'm waiting for you <3"

 

I can meet her again.. My angel. 

_________________________________

 

LASTLY IT'S YOO YOUNGJAE's ONESHOT!  

HOW IS IT? 

If you still want more B.A.P oneshots of a specific member! 

COMMENT NOW! I'll be doing one more oneshot for B.A.P. as a Thank You and Sorry for not updating for so long! ^^