Chapter 13 : Yongguk

B.A.P. ONESHOTS!

 

OUR FIRST CHILD

Keke, i wanted to expriment a lil ;) 

___________

You yelped as you tried to place the box on the nearest table. You took another heavy step as you entered your new house. Carrying a single box felt like you were carrying five elephants. You let out another yelp as you were tumbling forward. Suddenly a hand reached out and took the boxes from you and another hand slipped around your waist. You looked up to see Yongguk clucking his tongue while shaking his head.

“I told you I’ll do them right?” He then frowned and moved his hand down to your belly, “I don’t want our little one here to be hurt.” You gave him a sheepish smile.
“I didn’t want you to do all the work.” You followed Yongguk to the living room where he placed the box. He turned and watched as you lovingly your still flat belly. A small smile spread across his face and he walked over to you. You observed your belly as you were still shocked by the fact that you’re pregnant. Yongguk placed his hand over yours and you looked up to him.

“I wonder if it’ll be a boy or a girl…” His deep voice trailed off. You felt a loving feel as you watched Yongguk’s expression. He continued, “Either way, our baby will be as pretty as my bearcat.” He nuzzled his nose against yours and you giggled at his cheesiness. Yongguk pulled wrapped an arm around your shoulder as he kept his hand on your belly.

You and Yongguk had just gotten back from your honeymoon when you were feeling rather weird. Yongguk was too worried to leave you alone at home while he was at work so he sent you to the hospital for a check-up and the news popped. You were 3 weeks pregnant. Yongguk was really happy when he heard about it. On the other hand, you weren’t sure you were ready to be a parent. After much assurance from Yongguk, you were now as eager as him to see your first child. You are at your 2nd month of pregnancy and you’ve been to your check-ups regularly. Yongguk has been a great help looking after your diet for the baby. After hearing about this great news, both your parents suggested the two of you moved into a much more conducive environment for the baby.

So, without letting you know, Yongguk had been house hunting and finally, he bought a house not too far from yours and his parent’s houses and his work place. It was a house in a peaceful neighbourhood that rested on a gentle slope. You were in tears when Yongguk showed you the house. You never knew Yongguk would be this sweet. He was a rather shy-romantic type of boyfriend but he’s a very sweet and someone with a whole load of surprises as a husband.

“I’ll prepare dinner tonight. You stay here and rest okay?” He gave a peck on your lips before giving another peck on your already 5 month’s belly. Yongguk came home early one day from work. You were curiously watching Yongguk as he was all smiles and sweetness. You sat on the kitchen and observed his back view in the kitchen, chopping some vegetables. You started to appreciate having such a helpful husband. He didn’t once complain when you were on your pregnancy mood-swings and muscle aches.

“Why aren’t you eating? Is it bad?” Yongguk gave a worried look and reached out to grab your plate but you stopped him.

You smiled, “I’m really lucky to have you as a Husband.”

Yongguk realized what was on your mind and his heart warmed. “I’m really lucky to have a wonderful Wife.” His gummy smile returned as he separated the bones in the fish. You then remembered what you wanted to ask.
“Did something good happen today?”

Yongguk nodded his head and took a bite. He was grinning non-stop. You were starting to wonder what he had up his sleeves this time. You waited for him to expose his ‘good news’. He finally place his spoon down and faced you. His face was literally lit up. “I got promoted.”

Your eyes widened at the big news and it was your turn smiling like a fool. Astonished by the amazing news, you were speechless. “When? How?”

“My boss suggested it to the CEO and they have been monitoring my work and…” Yongguk clapped his hands, “This happened.”

You were squealing with joy at the news. You knew his job took a big part of his whole life apart from you.  You reached out and placed a hand on his.
“Yeobo, this is really…amazing. I’m so happy for you.” You were really lost for words.

Yongguk stood up and leaned in. His lips met yours in a second and another smile appeared. Pulling away, he your cheek and gazed at your lovingly. Then he searched your eyes, “But…I might not be home from time to time. I heard the work load is unbelievable. Will you be okay?”

You placed both your hands on his cheeks and gave him a firm nod, “I can manage. If it’s for you, I can.” Yongguk’s smile faded for a while, “What if something happens and I’m not here. What if you need me?” You placed a finger over his lips.

“Nothing is going to happen to me. Even if something does happen, you’ll be the first person i’ll be calling. Besides, I can call over some of my friends if it gets lonely. I miss them too you know!” You giggled.

Yongguk smirked and tapped your nose, “My bearcat is so sneaky. Still the same old bearcat I fell in love with.” You softly brushed your thumb on his face as your heart fluttered.

Yongguk knelt down next to you and rested his head on your round belly. “Does he kick you a lot?” Yongguk asks. You shrugged your shoulders, “I’m still getting used to the feel. The doctor said it takes time before I get used to the baby moving.”
You watched as Yongguk listened to your belly intently.
“Don’t kick your mummy too much okay? Behave when Daddy isn’t around.” Yongguk silent whispered and you laughed at his cuteness. Suddenly Yongguk jerked. His mouth opened wide as he smiled. “I felt him move!”

tumblr_mkjw55k3ci1sn1hfyo1_500.gif

You ran your hand through his hand. “I think he knows his daddy loves him.”

“I think he loves his mommy more.”

 

Time passed and Yongguk was getting more and more busy than expected. He went to work at 8am in the morning and the earliest he’s returned home was 10pm late at night.  Things were starting to turn out wrong. You were left alone at home most of the time and you were slowly losing your patience too. From time to time, your mother would drop by other times Yongguk’s mother to help you cope with your growing belly. But the one that would drop by every single time you call them would be your friends. They were too worried to leave you alone. 

Eating your meals alone. Lesser interaction with Yongguk. Coping with the house chores with your big belly. You tried not to complain but you were feeling lonely. You missed Yongguk’s company. You needed him by your side but you didn’t want to be selfish at the same time. “He needs to be at work,” You told your friends when they drop by but they would tell you:

He should at least help or try to help you since you’re only a few months due.

Day after day passed, your belly grew and grew.

You started to feel tired and restless.

 

 

You were resting on your bed gently your tummy in the middle of the night. After having deep thoughts about it for days, you’ve finally decided to talk it out with Yongguk. You couldn’t just let things be at this state. Things needed to be sorted out.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Time was somewhat moving slowly. You had all the lights switched off and your bedroom light dimmed. Your friends had thrown you a Baby Shower and gifted you with the necessities of your baby boy. You were starting to get really excited about the baby and you showed the gifts to Yongguk just before he had to leave for work the next morning. But, Yongguk just gave you nods and then ran out of the door. Not once he glanced at the gifts. You were deeply disappointed. You wanted to share your excitement with Yongguk but the way he acted seemed like he didn’t care about you anymore and it hurts.

Click.

Your gaze moved to the door when you heard the main door open. Your heart pumped in anticipation when you heard footsteps moving closer to the bedroom. You held on your breath but then nothing. Nothing. The footsteps walked pass the room and you heard another door close. You frowned.

Where did he go? You wondered and took the initiative to move out of the bedroom. Looking at the other two bedrooms, one a guest room and another for the baby. The guest room had its door close. You then knew Yongguk went into the Guest room since you’ve never closed that door. Taking cautious steps, you made your way to the guest room and opened the door. The room was dark and the only source of light was from the translucent windows. The light shone down onto the bed and there you saw Yongguk lying on it; still in his work clothes. You softened and walked nearer.

You had a hand behind your back trying to support yourself. Yongguk didn’t even bother putting the blanket over him, he just laid on it. His forearm rested across his face. His chest rose and fell at his steady breathing. You wanted to wake him up but you thought he was too tired to move anymore. You wanted to tug the blanket off him but his weight was too heavy on it. You sighed and looked around for something to cover Yongguk with.

Then you saw a fresh new blanket on top of the closet.  There was nothing for you to stand on but you were determined to try and reach for it anyways. On your toes, your hand stretched up as high as you could to reach the blanket. Your upper teeth bit on your lower lips as your fingers barely brushed on the soft material. You dropped back down on your heels and sighed. You weren’t going to let your husband freeze for the night.

Your eyes focused on the blanket and at once you jumped up and reached for the blanket. Success!

 

CRASSH!!

You flinched at the noise. Your eyes went to the floor and it was covered with glass. It was your mother-in-law’s prized possession; her antique glass vase. A gasp escaped your lips as you realized what you did. The glass vase was settled near the blanket. Then you heard a groan.

“Urgh…” Yongguk stirred awake and sat up. His eyes were barely open as he rubbed his face. You panicked.

“Oppa! I’m sorry! I woke you up – OUCH!” You screamed in pain. Yongguk’s eyes widened in alarm and he saw the glasses on the ground. He immediately ran up to you.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!” Yongguk roared as he tugged on your hand. Your body leaned against him as you felt a piercing pain on your right foot. Your heart squeezed at Yongguk’s hard tone. You knew he was angry. Yongguk carried your whole weight to the bed then carefully made his way to switch on the lights at the other end of the room. Sharp glass scattered across the room. It took him a while before realizing what was broken and his eyes fell onto you.

“What were you trying to do?” His voice low and his eyes were piercing.

Somehow, your lower lip trembled and you felt scared. Scared of your own husband that loves you.

“I-I… I was j-just--”

“Why is my mother’s vase broken?!” Yongguk’s voice rose again. He was losing his patience. You adverted his gaze and stared at the ground.

“I wanted to get the blanket but I didn’t know the vase was beside it and and…”

“Why didn’t you ask for my help?!”

You were starting to take in short breaths, “You were exhausted and I wanted to keep you warm.”

Yongguk ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “You broke my mother’s vase. What am I supposed to tell her?”

You bit down on your lips and held back a sob, “I’ll tell her I broke it. I’ll pay for it.”

 “It’s not as easy as that ~~~-ah! That vase has been passed down for generations!” Yongguk started yelling again. This time you couldn’t hold back and a sob choked out of your throat. Your tears streamed down your face and you couldn’t bear to look up. You heard Yongguk sigh.

“Don’t cry please. Not now…” Yongguk rubbed his temples and closed his eyes, “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry,”

You shook your head, “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have disturbed you.” You wiped your tears, “I wanted to talk to you tonight.”

Yongguk raised a brow. “Talk?”

“You’ve been…busy with work. I wanted to sort it out with you.” You didn’t want to sound like a selfish and possessive wife.

“Sort it out? Baby, I already warned you about my work load.”

You nod your head, “I understand but, I just hope maybe you could spend more time at home. Our baby is coming in a few weeks or maybe even days and I wanted to spend more time with you.”

Yongguk laughed, “So you’re telling me to take a break and let some other guy take my position?”
You were confused to why Yongguk was being so harsh. “No, not that way. Oppa, I’m just saying you sh--”

“Out of all the people! I would have thought you would be the one understanding my situation!” Yongguk snarled as he threw his arms in the air, “My mother nagged at me! Then your mother came to see me. Even your friends tried to stop me from working!”

You were lost for words. You didn’t know that any of them talked to Yongguk about his absence at home.

“Now…my own wife! I thought you would support me and help me through with my work! We’re on a financial crisis and No! I can’t take time off! As much as I want to, I can’t! ”

You stayed silent for a while. Your head was spinning. You didn’t know if it was genuine feeling or was it your mood swings but you felt hurt. You were disappointed by the fact that Yongguk would choose work rather than his own wife.

You looked down at your slightly bleeding foot and laughed, “So that’s how it is huh? You choose work over me.”

“What?”

“You can’t even take a day off and spend it with me? Work is that important to you? I’m not as important anymore. Tell me, Yongguk, do you still even care for me. At least tell me that you care for the child I’m carrying right now. Your child, Yongguk. This is your first son and you’re telling me you can’t take a day off for your family?” Word after word came out of your mouth. The unbearable emotions started to overflow and you had to let it out. You just had to.

Yongguk stared at you in disbelief. “I…I,” His gaze stared at your large belly. He actually didn’t realise how big you were. He was too preoccupied with work that he really didn’t spare a thought for you.

Yongguk opened his mouth to speak but you held a hand out.

“Let’s just end it here. I’m tired, you’re exhausted. You need to get your rest for work tomorrow.” You took a piece of paper and tried hard to bend down. Slowly you swept most of the glass to the side. “I’ll clean that up tomorrow, you can go back to sleep.” You stood up and made your way to the door. Approaching Yongguk, you placed a quick peck on his cheek before walking out of the door. “I love you…” You whispered and went into your room, leaving Yongguk standing in the guest room dumb-founded.

 

The next day, you woke up to see the guest room cleaned up but no Yongguk. He went to work early. You didn’t know how you should be feeling. You weren’t sure about Yongguk’s feelings. Was he angry? Hurt? Fed-Up? Would he even take a day off?

You sighed at the thought and went out to the living room to see everything neat and tidy. You looked around and saw that everything was done. You made your way into the kitchen and you saw a whole table filled with mouth-watering food. The dishes were done and everything was at its place. Did Yongguk do this?

Then you heard the water running in the toilet. Curiously you made your way to the toilet, step by step till you were near the door to the toilet. The water stopped running and you held your breath. The door clicked and flung open.

A wet haired male stepped out of the toilet with only a towel wrapped around his hips. Your jaws dropped as you were about to let out a scream. The male was drying his hair with a smaller towel. His eyes met yours and his lips curled up. Showing his gums.

tumblr_mkkr5jUZaO1qco1pco1_500.gif

“Oppa….why..?” Your voice trailed off as you were really shocked. You started to wonder why he was still in the shower when he was supposed to be running to his car now.

You watched with your eyes wide open as Yongguk approached you. Before you could stumble back, Yongguk tugged on your arm and brought you towards him. Your hand land on his bare chest. His damp skin felt cold against your warm palm. Even with your belly that huge at its 9th and final month, Yongguk still managed to bring your face that close to his.

You had trouble breathing as Yongguk’s eyes searched yours. You felt your heart flutter. For how long the two of you stayed that way, you had no idea. It felt like hours. “Babe…” Yongguk’s low and husky voice was enough to make your stomach tingle. His thumb lightly brushed across your lower lips.

Yongguk lowered his head and his lips lightly nipped on yours. Slowly his mouth moved on yours, taking his own sweet time. It took you a while before you finally realised the current situation and you moved your lips with his. Your arms s around his neck as Yongguk tilted his head slightly. His tongue sneakily made its way into your mouth driving the kiss into a whole new level.

 

It’s been far too long. You felt all your loneliness chased away as love and passion replaced it all. A tear slipped down your cheek at the overwhelming feel. Being love. Being held by the one you love. You whimpered softly as Yongguk pulled away. He chuckled as he lay his forehead against yours. You pouted and Yongguk placed another peck on your lips.

His smile disappeared and he softened. Carefully he tucked your hair behind your ear. You stayed silent wanting this moment to last.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. You watched as his eyes stared to water. You were the only one that Yongguk allowed to see him cry. The only one he cried to. Even though he seemed tough and manly on the outside, you knew very well that Yongguk was a soft hearted in the inside.

You gently wiped off the tear on Yongguk’s face and gave him a soft smile.
“I’m sorry too…”
Seeing Yongguk tear up, you couldn’t help but feel emotional as well. Yongguk then hugged you. He gave you the warmest embrace as though it was the last time he was going to see you. He held you there for a few more minutes before you heard him say next to your ear.

“You know…My back hurts.” He pulled away and looked at your big belly. That’s when you understood what he meant. You laughed and held your belly as Yongguk knelt down. He placed his ear on against you and rubbed his thumb in circular motions.
“Hello?” Yongguk tested and you laughed.
“Has my son been a good boy? Did you bully your mummy?” Yongguk joked, “Daddy is here now, I’m sorry. Did you miss Daddy?”

Silence….

Yongguk frowned and looked at you. “He doesn’t miss me.” You heartily laughed as you ruffled his hair. Then Yongguk placed his head on your belly again.
“Are you mad at Daddy?” Yongguk asked. You waited and then Yongguk flinched. He looked at you and frowned, “Even our son is mad at me.”

You shook your head. Yongguk stood up and you placed a peck on his lips.
“Our son loves you as much as I do, probably more.” You giggled.

Then Yongguk snapped his finger, “We haven’t name him!”

“Let’s brain storm while eating, I’m hungry.” You suggested and Yongguk smiled, “My Bearcat is hungry~ let’s eat!”

But then you froze, “Aren’t you going to put on some clothes first?” You pointed to his bare chest. Yongguk looked at himself and smirked, “I know you want to stare at me a little longer.”

You squealed and hit his chest before pushing him to the bedroom. Your cheeks started warming up. “Go and put something on!” Yongguk pecked your cheek and laughed, “Ok Ok! I’m going~”

You shook your head as you watched Yongguk sent you a wink and cat walked to the room. Turning to make your way to the kitchen, you suddenly felt a weird at your lower area. You felt water trickle down your legs and your eyes widened.

“OPPA!!!” You shouted and Yongguk ran out of the room with only his boxers on. “What happened?!” Yongguk looked at your and you were trying hard not to panic. Your doctor reminded you to keep calm when it is time. 

“My water bag burst.” You held onto the wall for support.
Yongguk saw the liquid flowing down your leg and he snapped, “Oh ! Hold on we need to get you to the hospital! !” Yongguk ran back into the room and grabbed some pants he hastily wore his pants and his singlet and you watched him run around the house in panic mode. Yongguk was mumbling words under his breath that you couldn’t understand.

Finally Yongguk helped you out of the house and into the car. You were taking deep breaths and attempting to stay calm but Yongguk was getting jumpier by the second. You could help but stare at his panic father mode.

Throughout the whole process, Yongguk stood by your side afraid that something would happen. You were glad to have him by your side. Squeezing his hand tight and giving one last push, the cries of a baby was heard. You were in a mess, Yongguk patted your forehead with a towel and gave you a smile.
“You did well.” He kissed the crown of your head. You were too exhausted to speak but you were really happy to have him there.

“Mr and Mrs Bang, Congratulations, it’s a healthy baby boy~”

The doctor handed your baby in your arms and you were lost for words. All your emotions were mixed up. Without yourself knowing, tears streamed down your face as you held the little angel. You traced your finger on his tiny ones and a smile broke on your lips. You felt an overwhelming feel of protecting your child, taking care of him, loving him.  This is what being a mother feels like. Yongguk leaned in and wrapped and arm around you.
“He’s beautiful.” Yongguk too was lost for words, “Our first child.”

You nodded your head and turned to face Yongguk. His lips found yours for a few seconds and he smiled. “I love you…I promise you, I’ll take very good care of our family. I’ll let nothing tear us apart,”

 

______________

 

Bang is adorable isn't he?

I can see he'll be an amazing father ^~^ 

See you next time!

-Neenah <3