Chapter 12 : YoungJae

B.A.P. ONESHOTS!

 

tumblr_mk71lwKqfY1qdbgylo1_250.giftumblr_mk71lwKqfY1qdbgylo1_250.gif

 

THE ROUTE TO MY HEART

Something short :) Enjoy <3 

_______________

My name is Yoo YoungJae, I'm 19 years old and i am currently attending a college in Seoul. It's quite a distance from my neighborhood and i always take the morning bus which adds up to the duration of the travel. The reason i travel by bus is because i dislike crowds. Every morning, majority of the crowd takes the train to their destination. It was much more convenient and faster for them. Buses take far much longer time than the train but, it's much more relaxed and less crowded. There are times where they are crowded but that only happens once or twice a month. 


So, that is the reason i take the bus instead of the train to College. It's a long ride but, it's worth it. I like long bus rides and i don't mind waking extra early to reach my lectures on time. Since i was a good student, i would sacrifice everything to get a good grade. An 'A'. Since i was a young boy, i had always been a good student. I never had time for playing or leisure. All i did was study, study and more study. That was my leisure. My friends thought i was crazy. Really crazy. Some even tried to get me into smoking to get me to 'calm down'. I didn't accept it. All my friends were jerks, literally. I didn't have anyone that supported my dream of being successful. No one other than my only buddy, Jung Daehyun. 


My grandma always told me : 'Work hard now and you'll have an easy life in the future'.

and i live by that. I work hard for my certificate now and i'll earn a luxurious life in the future right? 


My mum was worried for me. I was always at home, studying. She told me to find a girlfriend. I laughed. 


A relationship? 


What is Love? 


I don't have time for that. 


Not until recently, 


A month ago, I was sitting at my usual spot in the bus. The window seat at the second last row. After a year in college, i roughly knew who were the usual people that took the bus with me. But suddenly there was a new girl that boarded the bus. The first time i saw her, i was star struck. It was as though she was an Angel! The way she smiled to the bus driver as she paid for her fare. Her lips were always curled up in a smile. Her presence was blinding. Her beauty was astonishing. She walked up the aisle and my heart was beating uncontrollably as she came closer. Step after step and finally she stopped. 

 

"May i seat here?" Her sweet voice rang in my head as she gestured to the empty seat next to me. My eyes rounded and for a minute i thought i would end my life happily but i gave her a nod. Her smile grew wider and thanked me before taking a seat before the bus began moving again. I couldn't breathe. Her heavenly scent was addictive. She smelt of vanilla. I had to refrain myself from staring at her or move nearer to get a better sniff at her. I sound uncivilized but that was how attracted i was to her. For almost 2 hours i sat next to her trying to tame myself. It was close to my stop when i wondered where she was dropping off. A little voice inside me had a little hope that she was attending the same college as me, she looks as though she was around my age range. 


But my hopes flattened when she dropped off a stop before mine. I didn't know if i would see her again. At the thought, i felt disappointed. I never felt more disappointed in my life. Not even when i got a B for my favorite subject. 


Who was that Angel?


The two days later, i was sulking in my bus seat as i knew there was a probability of me not meeting her again. She didn't board the bus the day before. I wondered what happened to me, a girl i met just two days ago made me have feelings that a smart boy like me don't understand. 


I had my earpiece placed in both my ears as i listened to my music by myself. My forehead was leaning against the window beside me. I watched as the bus drove its route. I sat there quietly, by myself, being a little depressed. I let out a sigh then i felt someone on the seat next to me. I turned my head, my forehead still glued to the window, to see who it was. I was expecting some middle age women but then i came upon facing her. My Angel. 

My jaws dropped and i jerked in my seat from the shock. 


Gawd, she was much more prettier than before. She gave me a shocked look when i jerked in my seat. I watched as moved. She was saying something to me but i couldn't hear her words, my music was still being played. I took off my earpiece and looked at her. 

She repeated herself, "I'm sorry, were you expecting someone to be seated here?" 

I must have shocked her. I tried to apologize for shocking her but there was a frog in my throat. No words could escape my mouth. Giving up on talking, I shook my head and gestured her to sit down. She gave another small head bow before sitting down. 

"I'm sorry, i must have shocked you." She apologized. 

"Ani...It's not your fault," I shook my hands and gave her a sheepish grin.


Darn it, what's wrong with you Yoo YoungJae?!


She gave me another breath taking smile before she looked away. Then it hit me again, her vanilla scent. Was it her perfume or was it her shampoo? Either way it was really pulling on me. It was as addictive as a Vampire was addicted to blood. I gritted my teeth so hard that it hurts but I had to control myself. The two hours went by and she gave me another smile before alighting at the same stop she alighted from two days ago. Suddenly i had hope. There was a probability i could see her again. 


As time passed, i began to think about her everyday. Even when i was thinking of something that doesn't concern her, her face just pops out of nowhere in my head. The thought of her made me smile unknowingly. It made my heart beat faster. She made me feel alive. But i was still unsure of my attraction for her, what is this feeling called? 


"You're in love you idiot," Daehyun knocked my head with his spoon. I gawked at him as i rubbed my new bruise. 

 

"LOVE?! How can i love someone who i have just met for a week! and i don't even know her name!" I spoke in disbelief. 


Daehyun snickered, "You're dumb for a smarty pants. Then, let's call it a crush. Yeah, you have a crush on her." Daehyun shrugged his shoulders and took another bit from his cheesecake. 

"B-But...that's impossible! I am Yoo YoungJae! I don't have time for a relationship!" I cried ignoring the stares the other students were giving me. It was preposterous! Daehyun rolled his eyes at me. 

"Look, you think about her almost every minute of your time. You smile like a goofball when you do and look! just look at the way you're dressing! You're wearing a bow-tie! What a way to impress the girl." Daehyun pointed his spoon at me then looked away in disgust. I looked down at the way i was dressing. I looked okay. I really do. Stupid Daehyun. 


"I dress fine. Thank you very much." I tugged on my bow tie and fixed my hair. 

Daehyun stared at me, "You're doing it again." 

 

I raised a brow and continued to fix my hair, "Do what?" 


"Fixing your hair. Dude! You weren't this way when i first met you. You were too busy sticking your nose in books to care about how you look!" Daehyun sighed in frustration, "Trust me Jae, You're love struck." 


I wasn't.  I most definitely am not! I made a promise to myself to never fall in love until i had a stable job and enough money in my bank account. It doesn't make sense anyway. I don't know anything about her. How can i fall in love with someone that i barely know. Forget it, Daehyun is lying. 


I couldn't trust Daehyun, not that i don't usually trust him. It was just that i was in a denial. So that was what i did for the rest of the month, I denied the fact. 


But, 


the more i denied it, the more my heart tells me its true. 


"Good Morning," She gave me her usual smile that still takes my breath away and sat down. This was the present. I had no idea what i should do anymore. Does this Angel know what she has done to me? My head was spinning from all the wave of emotions she made me feel.  

I took out my phone and started typing. 


Dae, help me. I need to do something. She's making me go crazy.


I let out a sigh and covered my phone. Buzz Buzz.


You're telling me play cupid now? Talk to her you ! Ask her name, what colour she likes. Geez, some smart kid you are.


I mentally wanted to punch Daehyun in the face. He wasn't helping at all, i'm not going to talk to her. NO WAY. 

Buzz Buzz, another message from Daehyun. 


Ignoring her will make it worse. Just talk to her, don't you trust your own buddy?


I groaned and felt like punching myself now. How did my life suddenly got so complicated? I'd rather solve maths questions or do a science experiment.  I took a deep breath. I should just get this done and over with. 


I turned to face the gorgeous Angel beside me and my breath hitched. Will i even be able to say a proper sentence to her? This is just harder than calculus. I can do this. I know i can. 

Just ask her for her name. Yeah, What is your name. Easy. It's not like I've never asked that question before. Ok, here goes... 


"Uhmm..." I tried to get her attention. She turned to face me and tilted her head, "Yes?" 

Her big round eyes were being really adorable. I was staring at her for a second before i snapped out of it. Focus. 

"W-wh...Ma.." I couldn't get my words right. Suddenly i wondered if she might find it weird for me to ask for her name. She kept looking curiously at me with those eyes of hers. Then i had an idea, i'm smart after all. 


I held out a hand to her, "My name is Yoo YoungJae. What's your name?" She stared at me dumb-founded. , was i too straight forward? I panicked since she wasn't reacting but then she slipped her hand in mine and shook it. A tingling feeling ran down my spine as her soft skin touched mine. Her lips curled up and she let out a little laugh, "Nice to meet you YoungJae-ssi, my name is Han Yejin."  


Yejin...

 

I was in a daze. Even her name sounded beautiful. My heart is beating even faster now. Urgh, this is much worse than before. Daehyun said it'll get better. I was pulled back to reality when i felt her hand pull away. I frowned at the lost of contact. She turned back on her seat but she gave me glances once in a while. Should i create a conversation? Ask her something? Something...not too personal.


"What's your favorite color?" I blurted out and mentally gave myself a face palm.

 She giggled, "Yellow." 

I nodded my head. Some how, hearing her voice makes me feel serene. The fact that she was talking to me felt as though i was on cloud nine. 

"Mine is Sky Blue." I grinned and she nodded her head. I was doing it, i was really talking to her. 

"Well, then...what is your favorite food?" She turned her body slightly to me. 

I felt really excited. It was like i was high on sugar or something, "Definitely meat." 

Her eyes rounded in surprised, "Really? What type of meat? I really enjoy meat too." 

"Basically all type of meat. I guess the one i like most would be Steak." I answered her honestly. She beamed, "I love Steak! I have a few restaurants that serves the best steaks." 

 

I felt a gush of happiness fill my veins. This is what love feels like? 

 

"Really? I would love to try them." I flashed her a smile. 

 

This was definitely love.... 

 

tumblr_mjvxai4f321s8e4pgo1_500.gif

 

_______________________

 

Just a little YoungJae Smarty Pants

I'll be back with more....

Bye-yeom!

^~^