Chapter 9 : Himchan

B.A.P. ONESHOTS!

 

Mr cold-hearted or Mr Miracle?

____________________________

Minsun was nervously sitting there in her seat as she was waiting for her turn. It was a nerve-wreaking day for her as it was her very first Job interview. A few others were present some had already gone through with the interview while others were also seated with her in the waiting room. She quietly glanced around at the others. Some were looking simply bored and calm and others maybe just as nervous as she was. Minsun felt agitated. She was scared of doing the wrong things. She checked her dress and tugged on her cardigan. Her fingers played with the visitor’s pass that was hanging around her neck. Softly she tucked her soft light brown hair behind her ear and exhaled.

*I can do this. Just go in there and answer their questions* She bit her lower lip and slouched. *Who am I kidding? They want someone with confidence and perfect. Urgh…I hate myself for being a klutz. I’m going to make a fool out of myself.*

As she was calming herself down, the door to the interview room opened and the assistant walked out with that same clipboard in her hand.
“Ms Jung Minsun-ssi?” Her voice projected. Some looked around wondering who it was. I felt my heart sank. *. That’s me!*
“Jung Minsun?” She called out again. Minsun stood up and raised her hand slightly. “That’s me.” She felt like she wanted to throw up right that second. The assistant ticked her name and gave her a warm smile, “Follow me.”

Minsun squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breathe before proceeding to follow the assistant. Once more Minsun checked her attire and made sure she calmed her heart down before meeting the interviewers. She was wearing a simple dress with blue jeans and a cardigan to match it. She glanced at the assistant’s confident back-view as her heels clicked away. They stopped in front of another door and the assistant gave her instructions to where she should go after the interview was over. Minsun nodded upon understanding the crystal clear instructions.

The assistant gave patted her shoulder in encouragement, “Don’t be nervous. It’ll be okay.” Minsun felt a little better hearing her words. “Ready?” She asked and Minsun once again nodded her head. Just as the assistant was about to knock on the door it abruptly open and a man walked out looking very urgent.

“I’m sorry Ms Oh, I have to excuse myself. Something came up at the purchasing section.” The man explained, “Mr Kim will be continuing the interview alone.”
“Yes. I understand sir.” The assistant bowed her head as the man hurriedly walked away. I too bowed my head a little but the man didn’t seem to notice since he was in a hurry.
“Now you can be less nervous. Do your best okay?” She winked at Minsun and knocked on the door.
“Come in.” A rather deep voice called out. Minsun gulped.
The door opened and the assistant introduced me. It was a small room that has only a table and three chairs in the center other than the small plants at the corner of the room.   In there was a man with jet black hair who looked like he was in his mid or early 20s. He placed his pen down and finally looked up. Minsun flinched.

image

 

His piercing gaze was really intimidating and Minsun was getting really worried. His first impression made her think that the man in front of her was a perfectionist and searching for one to be hired; something that she herself totally wasn’t.
“This is Mr Kim.” Minsun was told and she gave a bow. The assistant gave Minsun another small pat on the shoulder and walked out of the room after she slightly bowed. *This guy is scary…How can I keep calm?*

“Sit down.” Mr Kim said still looking at the pieces of paper in front of him. Minsun hesitantly walked forward and greeted him.
“Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Kim, my name is-” She was about to introduce herself one more when he cut her off. “Jung Minsun, I know. Sit down.” His voice sounded cold and bored. A shiver ran down Minsun’s spine as she sat down opposite from the seemingly cold-hearted man. She patiently waited as he wrote some other things down on the papers.

Finally, he set everything aside and looked at Minsun with his fingers laced together in front of him. “So, tell me. Why are you interested in joining the company?” he asked.

“I-I…I uh…I’m very interested in..in…in the…” Minsun started stammering feeling pressured by his piercing gaze.
“Is something wrong Ms Jung-ssi or can I call you Minsun-ssi?” He looked at the papers checking her name again.
“Minsun would be just fine.” She replied timidly. She wanted to dig a hole in the ground and stick her head in it.
“Are you nervous Minsun-ssi?” He asked. She suddenly heard the sincerity in his voice.
“Yes…I am actually.” She answered honestly and bit her lower lip. Her palms were starting to sweat despite sitting in an air-conditioned room. Just then she felt butterflies in her stomach. “It’s okay Minsun-ssi, I’m not going to eat you up. Just casually talk, like I’m a friend. I’m fine with it.” He gave her the cutest and sweetest smile she’s ever seen in her whole life.

tumblr_m8bk4f7djc1r5n0vuo2_500.gif
 

“O-Okay, Mr. Kim.” She replied still feeling a little uneasy.
“You can call me Himchan if you’re more comfortable with it. Mr. Kim sounds too formal isn’t it?” He gave her another smile and watched her in anticipation. Minsun just nods.
“Right, now, Minsun-ssi… I can see that this is the first job you’re applying for. I’m really thankful that you choose our company. So mind answering the question I asked previously? Why are you interested in joining the company?” Himchan intensely gazed at her.

“Mr. Kim…I mean…Himchan-ssi, I’m interested because uh… ” Minsun tried to find a proper answer but failed her mind went blank.
“You’re just here for a job huh?” Himchan chuckled.
Minsun furrowed her eyebrows and thought hard, “Not really… I do like designing just that I’m here for a job because of some reasons. I really like to help people and also serve others. So designing for someone wouldn’t be that bad.” 
Himchan tilted his head slightly, “Are you in need of money for something?”
Minsun was speechless. *How does he know?*
“Honestly….yes.” She looked down at her fingers feeling a little guilty.
Himchan leaned back on his chair as he flipped through her resume along with some of her art work that she did for her art class in college.

“I’m quite impressed with your grades and you have potential in design…” Himchan tapped his fingers while pouting as he looked through it again.

image   

 

He placed the resume back on the table and smiled to Minsun once more.
“I guess that sums it. You may leave now, bye bye~” He waved to Minsun.
“That’s all?” Minsun asked, obviously surprised that she didn’t even say much.
Himchan nodded his head with that smile still plastered on his face. “We’ll call you sometime this weekend if you’re hired. Thank you for coming Minsun-ssi.” He leaned back on his chair and gave her a wink. Minsun was confused for a while but then she stood up and bowed. “Thank you Mr. Kim.” She thanked. “Ah..No no.” Himchan shook his index finger at her, “I told you to call me Himchan.”
“Thank You Himchan-ssi.” Minsun thanked once more. Himchan was satisfied and Minsun made her way out of the room. *He’s one weird guy...but I hope I get the job though...* Minsun bumped into the assistant who was sitting behind the counter. She gave a cheeky grin.

“He’s a charming guy right? That’s our CEO’s son.” The assistant said.
My eyes widened. *He’s the CEO’s son?!*
“He’s very playful. I wish all the best for the results.” She bid goodbye to Minsun and walked off to get the other interviewee after her. Minsun turned back to look at the door once more and shook her head with a smile. *That went…just fine*

       

~~~***~~~

 

The weekend came and Minsun was busy cleaning the house when her phone rang. She grabbed her phone that was on the table. It was an unknown number but she answered it anyways.

“Yobuseyo? Jung Minsun here.” She said into the phone as she continued to fold the clothes. 
“Minsun-ssi, How are you?” A man’s voice sounded at the other line.
Minsun raised a brow and questioned the man on the other line, “Who are you?”
“How can you not recognize your own boss’s voice? It’s me Mr. Kim Himchan.” The man replied. Minsun was shocked and quickly straightened up, “Mr Kim! I’m so sorry I didn’t know!” She apologized.

“Yah! I told you to call me Himchan!” He said playfully.
“Ah, ne. Himchan-ssi.” Minsun felt nervous, “May I know why are you calling?”
Himchan cleared his throat and continued speaking, “You’re officially working for me. There will be a briefing for you tomorrow at 8am in the morning.”
My jaws dropped in disbelief. “Really? I’m hired? I’ll be there!”
Himchan chuckled, “I’ll tell them to message you the address. I hope you’ll dress up a little.”
“Dress up?”
“Yeah, dress up prettily. See you tomorrow Minsun-ssi.”
 The line died and Minsun looked at her phone. *Why does that feel like he’s asking me on a date? Oh well…* “I got the job!!!” Minsun exclaimed and jumped around.

 

The next day Minsun woke up early for the briefing and got ready. After finishing her shower, she opened her closet. ‘Dress up prettily’ Minsun remembered Himchan’s words and she looked through her clothes. In the end, she picked a plain white dress shirt and wore her black skinny jeans. After applying light make-up, she grabbed her back and slipped in her sneaker wedges. She took the taxi there afraid that she would get lost. She showed the address to the taxi driver and she was on her way to her briefing for her first job ever.

It took approximately an hour to reach the venue and when she did, she was 10 minutes early. It was another one of the company building but in a different area. Minsun was escorted to the briefing area but what surprised her was that it was empty.
“The briefing will start in a few minutes.” Minsun was left alone in the room and she made her way to a seat in the front row. *Am I the first one to arrive? But the briefing is about to start…* She shrugged her shoulders and waited quietly. She brushed her hair off her face with her slender fingers and puffed her cheeks slightly while looking around.
It was a minute to 8am but no one else was coming in.

“What is this?” Minsun quietly mumbled to herself while frowning. She looked at her watch and the clock strikes 8am. Right on time, the double doors opened and the Kim Himchan strode into the room with a wide grin on his face.
“I’m glad you made it.” He looked over to Minsun.
“Where are the others?” She questioned.
Himchan laughed, “Did I forget to tell you? You’re working for me.”
Minsun nodded her head, “Yes you did tell me that but I can’t possibly be the only one working for you right?”
“I think you’re not understanding this Ms Jung Minsun-ssi.” Himchan made his way to her with a cheeky smirk. Her eyes widened as Himchan leaned in and whispered into her ear. “I only want you.” *What?* I stared at him in disbelief. His eyes searched hers and she held her breath. Being so close to him, she couldn’t help but notice how flawless he looked.

“Well, that’s that. Now! I’ll start the briefing!” Himchan returned back to his position and started talking about his expectations and what he wanted Minsun to do while working as his personal assistant. Minsun was just sitting there half listening to what he was saying. Her brain was too busy trying to process what happened earlier. The briefing ended after half an hour of Himchan talking non-stop.

“Got everything?” Himchan smiled. “I think?”
“I’ll see you tomorrow then Minsun-ah.” Himchan gave her a quick wink and walked out of the door but stopped mid-way. “Oh and please report on time everyday. I can’t stand people being late.”

 Minsun groaned at the amount of demand and expectation set on her. *And you had to choose a clumsy person like me Mr Kim Himchan*

 

~~~***~~~

 

Minsun’s work days were all a drag as all Himchan does in his office was playing Wii and other random things. He was the CEO’s son after all.  All she had to do was to deliver him his coffee or what ever he wanted, hand him the documents he needed to look through which he doesn’t even read and lastly help him run errands. So basically, she was the one running everywhere while Himchan stays in his office doing what he wants.

Minsun didn’t mind the work since she needed the money but her colleagues were all worried for her. They told her that she should stand up for herself and don’t push herself too much but she simply replied that she was fine doing the job.

The third week of her job, Himchan was lazily reading a magazine in his office with his leg resting on his work desk. Minsun came into the room with his coffee just the way he likes it and she places it on his table.

“Would you like anything else for you Himchan-ssi?” Minsun asked.
Himchan’s eyes were glued to his magazine, “Nope I’m good. You can have a break now.”
Minsun nodded and was about to walk out the office when her phone rang.

“Yobuseyo? Minsun speaking.”
“Minsun-ssi. You have to come down immediately! Your mother is in critical condition!” She heard the nurse frantically speak. Minsun’s eyes widened.

*Omma.* Minsun’s eyes started to water.
“I’ll be right over. Thank you.” Minsun hung up and turned to Himchan who was actually gazing at her with curiosity written all over his face. His face fell when he saw her at the verge of tears.
“Minsun-ah, did something happen?” Himchan asked.
“Himchan-ssi, I need to take my leave now. It’s an emergency.” Minsun croaked and went to take her belongings. She grabbed her coat and bag and was about to make her way to the exit when Himchan grabbed her wrist forcing her to twirl around.
“Where are you going?” Himchan’s eyes were piercing but he was really worried. Minsun tried to release herself from Himchan’s grasp. “Please, I need to go now.” Tears were already streaming down her face.
“Tell me where you are going first.” Himchan’s voice hardened.
Minsun choked a sob, “My mother is in critical condition now. I need to be at the hospital. Please, I beg you. I need to go now.”
Himchan’s heart broke as he watched her cry and pled at the same time. *Her mother’s in the hospital?* Himchan thought as he realized Minsun was still trying to pull away from him. Himchan immediately pulled her back into his office.

“What are you doing?! I need to go!” Minsun yelled, not caring about the other workers around. Everyone was witnessing the drama in the office before their eyes. Himchan kept his grasp firm around her wrist as he searched through his drawers. He grabbed something and walked out of his office to the exit.
“KIM HIMCHAN!” Minsun was screaming by the time they reached the car park. Himchan finally released her and tossed her a helmet.
“What…” She looked at him. “Hurry up. I’m taking you there. It’ll be faster.” Himchan too put on his helmet and hopped on his sleek black and yellow motorcycle.

Minsun was still in a daze by the fact that Himchan was helping her.
“Hurry Up!” He roared and Minsun quickly put on the helmet then hopped on behind him.
“Where to?” He questioned.
“Seoul National Hospital.” Minsun quickly replied.
Himchan turned the engine on and the motor roared to life.

“Hold on…” With that, he sped off in the streets. Minsun clung onto him.
 

The two of them rushed into the hospital and Minsun led the way. She ran to the counter asking for her mother and they told her she was in the emergency room. Without another second, the two of them hurried over. The light was still . The nurse came by and told Minsun what happened to her mother. Upon hearing what happened, Minsun cried harder than before not caring about anything else in the world. Minsun tried to rush into the emergency room but Himchan got a hold of her and pulled her into his embrace. Minsun began to hit Himchan’s chest, letting out her frustration and sorrow at the same time. “Omma…” Minsun kept repeating. Himchan kept her in his arms as she kept crying and crying. Softly he the back of her head, trying to calm her down. “It’ll be okay…” Himchan said even though he didn’t know how bad the situation was.
The hours passed by and the two of them ended up sitting at the seats located just outside the emergency room. Minsun had her head rested on Himchan’s shoulder, feeling exhausted and numb from all that crying. Tear stains were visible on her face and she was still quietly sobbing. Himchan tried his best to comfort her knowing she needed someone by her side. *She actually needed money for her mother’s medication…I thought she needed it to pay for some debt. I didn’t thought she was actually this miserable* Himchan thought as he quietly the back of Minsun’s hand. Himchan felt guilty for thinking she was some sort of trouble maker loaning money from illegal lenders. In truth, she was just a filial daughter trying to save her mother.

“Don’t you have other family members?” Himchan whispered.
Minsun refused to look at him and told him about her family situation.
“My eldest sister ran away from home when I was 18. Soon after, my parents got into a car accident. Mom survived but my dad didn’t. Even though my mom survived, she was in a coma and her organs were not in the best condition. Since then, I was living independently. I managed to go to college with the help of my aunt and I’ve been working part-time jobs to pay off the hospital bills. But…it’s still not enough. My mum is my only family. I need her.” Minsun started to softly cry once more. Himchan turned to embrace her once more.

“I’m so sorry…” Himchan apologized. Minsun shook her head against his chest. It wasn’t his fault. Himchan did nothing wrong.

The lights turned off and Minsun sprang up from her seat to the doors. Himchan followed her. When finally the doors opened and the doctor walked out.
“Doctor! How is my mother?” Minsun tugged on his coat urgently.

“I’ve done my best to keep your mother alive but she’ll need a specialist for her to fully restore her organs. I know a doctor in the states that might be able to save your mother but it’ll be very costly….and from the looks of your financial condition, this is the best I can do for your mother for now.” The doctor gave her an apologetic look.
“I can pay for it, just save my mother! I don’t care if I’ll be in debt!” Minsun started to go out of control. Himchan tried to calm her down once more.
“I’m afraid you’ll have to pay first in order to send your mother to the states for her treatment. The doctor shook his head, “I’m really sorry Ms Minsun, this is the best I can do for you. We’ve moved your mother to the ward you may visit her for now, please excuse me.”

Minsun was speechless. Her mother was in critical condition and she couldn’t do anything to save her. Himchan was supporting her as he watched her distant gaze.
“I can’t save omma…Appa, what do I do now?” She absent-mindedly spoke and her legs lost its strength. Himchan reacted quickly and helped her sit down on the seats. 
“Himchan-ssi…what should I do?” Minsun mumbled.

Himchan knew he needed to do something to help. “Wait here, I’m going to talk to the doctor.” Minsun nonchalantly nodded her head and Himchan went off to look for the doctor.

*I’ll help you Minsun-ah…Don’t worry.*

~~~***~~~

Days passed and Minsun didn’t show up to work and stayed by her mother’s side. The day came and Minsun’s mother was taken away. Minsun was shocked to see her mother being transferred into an ambulance.
“Where are you taking my mother?” She rebelled. Then she felt someone grabbing her wrist.
Himchan pulled her towards his motorcycle that was parked behind the ambulance. He tossed her the helmet and hopped on his motorcycle.
“Let’s go. Do you want to see your mother?” Himchan asked.
“What’s happening?” Minsun asked.
“I’ll explain when we get there.”

Minsun and Himchan tailed the ambulance on Himchan’s motorcycle to the international airport. Minsun watched as her mother was being taken into the VIP departure area.
“Himchan-ssi…what is this?” Minsun asked.
“You’re mother is getting treated in the states…” Himchan took her hand in his and followed the paramedics.
“but…I didn’t pay for it.” Minsun stared at Himchan.
Himchan stopped and turned to her, “That’s all been taken care of. We’re moving to the states, you and me and your mother.”
“What?” Minsun was shocked.
“I’ve got everything settled there. A house for us to stay in, the treatment paid for and you’re still going to work for me.” Himchan smirked.
Minsun was touched by his actions, “You paid for my mother’s treatment? Why?”
“Coz I care for you Minsun-ah.” Himchan softly said, “Seeing you hurt made me cringe. I didn’t want another tear to stain this pretty face. That made me realize you’re the one for me. ” His finger her cheek.
Minsun was speechless yet again, “Thank you…Himchan-ssi. I’ll pay your back, I promise.”

 “That’s the catch.” Himchan smirked. Minsun stiffened as Himchan came closer to her with his face just centimeters away from hers. “I don’t need your money. I want you to be my girlfriend.”
Enough being said, Himchan captured her lips and kissed her passionately. Minsun was caught off guard by the kiss but in an instant she melted in the kiss.  A tear escaped her eye and Himchan pulled away. He frowned at the tear drop and wiped it away.
“I don’t want my girlfriend to cry anymore.” He whispered, “Promise me you won’t cry anymore.”
“I won’t coz I have an amazing guy who turned my life into a miracle.” Minsun smiled.
“I love you Minsun-ah…”
 

________

 

It turned out weird. Oh well <3 
That was Kim Himchan's second Oneshot! Hope you liked this one better coz i do :)

The idea just popped out of nowhere and i'm bored so, yeah. It turned out to be this. 

Stay tuned coz i think i'm gonna be making a Jongup oneshot tomorrow! ^^ 

It's 2:11am KST here so yeah, i need my sleep ^^ CyA~