Chapter 5

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

….It’s so quiet. Something warm and soft is wrapped around me. Where am I? I opened my eyes slowly. Mmm, I stretched. This bed is soo comfortable; I never want to leave it. I rolled over. Just a few more minutes, I thought. My leg touched something cold beneath the covers. What the hell is that? I lifted the covers from over my head. My heart pounded.

An angel is lying next to me. It was inhaling and exhaling long, steady breaths, its black eyelids hidden under the hair covering half its face. My heart slowed down and started pumping blood to my brain again. It’s Taemin. In my bed. We’re in bed. The same bed. Together. I panicked. Taemin and I are in the same bed together. I screamed.

Taemin’s eyes fluttered open and he was on the other side of the room before I closed my mouth. That couldn’t be possible; no one can move that fast, right?!

“You were in my bed!” I shrieked, jumping up to my feet. “And how the hell did you get over there?!” I was fully awake now and totally pissed off. Bad combination to start off my day.

“Calm down miss-”

“Stop calling me ‘miss’!” I cut him off.

“What would you like me to call you then?”

“This isn’t about that!” I yelled, refusing to change the subject.

I really need to make up my mind. “What were you doing?!”

“Sleeping.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Why were you I my bed? Don’t you have your own room?”

He frowned. “Yes I do. But it is on the other side of the dorms and I was tired, we were both tired. Would you rather I slept on the floor?” he actually looked hurt for a second.

Wait…GAH! Did he say both tired?!

“What do you mean ‘both tired’? Why were you tired? Explain yourself!”

“Well, you packed so much that it took me hours to put everything away.” He explained.

If this were an anime, I’d have been on the floor right now. I looked around. Everything looked the same.

“You’re lying. I don’t remember that.”

He sighed. “Here” A light flicked on behind me, casting shadows from the furniture that looked like longs fingers coming after me. I whipped around to face the bathroom door. Taemin was leaning against the doorframe. Wasn’t he just in front of me? I didn’t even see him move.

“How did you-”

“I told you I unpacked everything” he pointed to my suitcases on the floor. I flew and yanked open every closet and drawer I could find. My wardrobe glared back at me from each one. Everything was here. My ribbons, my shoes, even my jewelry were all organized nicely in their own section.

“uh…”

“You move quickly when you are nervous” Taemin observed.

“Did you do all this?” I pretended to look through my closet to hide my hot face.

“Yes, you fell asleep shortly after we arrived to your room. So I took the liberty of organizing your belongings for you.”

I don’t remember going to sleep. I looked down and I was wearing the same outfit as yesterday. Thank god.

“Thank you…”

“My pleasure. Are you hungry Miss Bea?”

“Please, just call me Bea.”

“Alright. Are you?”

As if on cue, my stomach let out an embarrassing growl. Taemin chuckled.

“Time for a snack.” He said, leading me to the door.

“Wait the k-”

“I have it” he said waving one of the room keys in my face. “Come on.”

I probably should get that back from him…

We took the elevator down to the empty lobby.

“Where is everyone?”

“Probably sleeping.”

“Still? What time is it?”

“It’s only noon Bea” he chuckled again. Seems he found my amusing. What a

Please log in to read the full chapter