Chapter 3

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A doorman in traditional suit opened the tall, heavy-looking for me. Even though this was supposed to be a school, it sure didn’t look like one. I smirked at the 5-star hotel looking lobby, mentally noting to thank my aunt and explore the place later. A lady at the front desk greeted me. She was wearing a lilac womans suit, complete with a tacky nameplate that read ‘M. Birch’, and her hair in a tight bun. She looked up from the computer screen and an automatic smiled crossed her ebony face.

“Hello, may I have your name miss?”

“Evans, Bea.”

She typed my name into the keyboard and her automatic smile turned into a real one.

“Ah, miss Bea, of course!” She ducked under the desk. I started to lean over when she bounced back up with a stack of papers.

“Here you are,” she handed me the stack. “Your class and school bell schedule are on the top; if you have a problem or would like to change a class-” she pointed to a number on the top right-hand corner, “You can call this number.” She handed me 2 card keys and a blue slip of paper. “This is your room number and keys, in case you lose one. Your uniform will be delivered to your room within a couple of days.”  She smiled again.

“Welcome to Bast Academy Bea. Do you have any questions?”

“Um,” I thought back to the chauffer that dropped me off. “my luggage-”

“Should have already been taken up to your room.”

“Oh. Okay. Thanks.” I collected my s

Please log in to read the full chapter