Chapter 17

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Who does this guy think he is?

Jonghyun surveyed the class approvingly before his eyes landed on me. Holy jeebus. The way his jaw clenched reminds me of an angry dinosaur. Talk about bipolar. What’s he got against me? He looked angry at me just being here.

“I thought I requested only male classes. What’s she doing here?” he shot at the teacher.

That’s just flippin’ rude.

“She was on the attendance roster-”

“Bullsh*t. I don’t want her here. Get her out.” He ordered, pointing a finger at me.

Aw no. His coolness points just washed down the drain.

“Yah! Don’t point at me shorty!” I stood off my seat and shouted before the fragile looking instructor could answer. “If you have problems then come over here and say it.”

Did I just defend an instructor? Oh yeah, believe it. I swear the whole room just died, you could practically hear the wind strolling outside the window. I feel Minho’s eyes on me again. What the eff is his deal? I’m not in the mood, kid.

“Well?” I raised my voice impatiently, crossing my arms over my chest.

Jonghyun just stood at the front of the classroom with a pissed off look. Yeah, that’s what I thought. All talk and no action. Pretty pathetic for a vampire. He snickered. Jerk.

A chair screeched, I blinked and Jonghyun suddenly appeared standing beside me. I blinked several more times and tried to keep the surprise off my face. Damn impossible quickness. He leaned forward; I reclined back and felt my lip go up in disgust when my shoulder pressed against the window pane and he still came closer. Jonghyun’s face stopped from going further a mere few centimeters from mine.   

Ever heard of personal space?

“Who the do you think you are?” he sneered in my face.

Ugh.“I’m the person who’s going to punch your pretty little face in if you don’t back off.” I countered.

Like hell I’m going to get intimidated. I have a reputation to build.

He smirked. “You smell.”

The ? He’s smelling me?!

His nose inhaled deeply as abnormally big eyes met with mine. I can’t read them, like I even want to. I averted my eyes as Key told me to. Minho walked up silently and placed a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“Jonghyun..” he warned.

Yeah, you better warn your bud before I break his nose.

“She smells, Minho.”

I’m wearing my favorite bodymist, the hell he’s talking about? Taemin likes it.

“Ahem, Mister Kim?” the instructor started. “Please, don’t-”

“Can it old man. I’m not going to hurt her just yet.”

Okay, that’s it.

“Get the ,” I advised. “out of my face.” I shoved his chest.

Argh! He grabbed hold of both my wrists roughly pushed me against the window. Something cracked behind me. This mofo! I yanked my hands with no prevail and glared at his equally angry raptor face.

Oh, so scary. Note the sarcasm, kiddies.

Damn my pride.

We’re both standing, Jonghyun gripping my wrists tightly with Minho looking cautiously behind him and the classroom watching.

Am I going to have to kick some heads in? I think so. If I twitch my leg, I could knee him in the grion. Imagine his surprise. Priceless.

“I’m only going to tell you once,” he said in a low voice. “Don’t anger me.”

“Then don’t with me.” I snapped.

He scoffed and released me. B*tch. “I prefer blondes.”

!I looked him up and down and crossed my arms under my chest again. “And how’s that working out for you blondie? You seem the type to enjoy yourself really well.”

Yes, I did just intend for that pun to sound dirty. Our classmates must have caught my joke ‘cause a few chuckled.

Jonghyun’s attention instantly snapped to the class and it quieted down. I took those seconds to inspect his profile. Sharp nose, big eyes, nice jawline; yup, he’s attractive. If that mouth of his would gain a filter then I might even think to look past his rudeness.

He turned back to me. “You obviously have no idea who I am.”

Just figuring that out now?

I cocked a brow and gave him my best b*tch face.  “You’re no one special in my book.”

He leaned in and again I leaned back. What the hell is his deal? I moved only my eyes to see a strand of my dark hair twirled around his finger. How the heck did he get that without me noticing? He brought it up and sniffed.

So he’s a dog now, will I get suspended if I kick him?

My hair still by his nose, Jonghyun looked up so our eyes would meet. Hmph, your puppy eyes don’t work on me bud. Wow, that’s a lot of white. His mouth formed into a wide grin. The word bipolar swarmed my judgement again.

“I don’t like your eyes either.” His own brown ones never left mine.

“That’s not something I can change, buddy.”

Jonnghyun opened his mouth when the bell rang. He looked annoyed by the noise. Aw, is our little dinoboy irritated?

“Excuse, but I have someone to meet. So if you don’t mind,” I brought a hand up and pushed away his. “Can you move?”

His hand stayed midair for a second before lowering it. The pissed off line was gone from his forehead instantly and he stood straight with crossed arms and a smile that showed all his teeth.

“You’re his new toy.” He affirmed, dipping his hands into his pocket. “Taemin has b

Please log in to read the full chapter