On the Road – Part Two

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

 

“So… Does anyone know what’s wrong with Lu Han?” Joon Myeon questioned, only to see both Sehun and Xiu Min shake their heads in unison.
 

All three stared weirdly at the sleeping Lu Han, wondering if he had eaten something strange for acting so oddly. After hearing another giggle coming out from his mouth, Sehun got goose bumps. There was something creepy about the way Lu Han kept giggling in his sleep, and occasionally slipping a word or two about something the others couldn’t really make out.
 

“Are we really just going to let him continue whatever he is doing?” Xiu Min finally asked and glanced at Joon Myeon unsurely.
 

“We’re soon at my house, so just let him be for now. We’ll wake him when we’re there.” Joon Myeon answered and looked out through the window of the chariot.

 

The familiar landscape made a smile spread on Joon Myeon’s face; he saw the sign of his hometown getting closer as the chariot moved forward. They just had to go through the passageway between the mountains that surrounded the village and then they would finally be at his hometown, the place he hadn’t visited since two months ago. He sighed, feeling happiness fill him up as he could at last visit the place he had grown up in.
 

In the corner of Joon Myeon’s eyes he saw Xiu Min poking Lu Han’s forehead, his weak attempt to wake the other from his deep sleep not at all successful. Sehun rolled his eyes before reaching one of his hands out towards Lu Han and grabbing a hold of his ear, pulling it hard enough to wake the other up with a cry of pain.
 

“Ah! Let go! It hurts!” Lu Han cried out while trying to pry the hand off of his ear, the pain clearly too much for him. He finally yanked the hand off and shot a glare towards the culprit’s direction, his expression quickly changed to one of surprise as he noticed who it was that had hurt him. “Eh? Sehun?!”
 

Sehun ignored the older and just got out of the chariot as soon as it had stopped, stretching his arms and legs before turning around towards Joon Myeon.
 

“Aren’t you guys coming?” Sehun questioned before starting to walk towards the town center, making the others share surprised glances before following him.

 

 

They had to walk all the way through the town until they arrived at the other side of it, just to follow a muddy path in the woods that would take them to their final destination. 
 

“Where is your house anyway? We’ve been walking for quite some time already…” Xiu Min asked before taking a few heavy breaths, tired from walking. “We exited the village about half an hour ago!”
 

“Soon enough.” Joon Myeon answered with a smile before finally stopping in front of a waterfall, pointing towards it. “It’s right there.” He finished, the smile never leaving his face.
 

“What? But it’s just a waterfall here…” Sehun let out confusedly while scanning the area.
 

“Well, I live behind it.” Joon Myeon shrugged before stepping forward and snapping his fingers, making the waterfall to momentarily stop, revealing a cavern behind it. “Let’s go.” He finished before flashing a smile towards his companions and then walking inside the cave.
 

Sehun stared foolishly at the disappearing back of Joon Myeon, not understanding how someone could live in a cave. Xiu Min was the first to actually follow inside, leaving Sehun and Lu Han outside. Lu Han sneaked closer to Sehun, a smirk plastered on his face as he put his arms around the younger’s waist. The action however made Sehun snap out of his dumbfounded state quicker than a heartbeat, swiftly turning around and hitting the older on his head which earned him a cry of pain before he ran after the others.
 

“Wait! My love!” Lu Han yelled after the younger as soon as he had somewhat recovered from the pain. Soon, he was following Joon Myeon, Xiu Min and Sehun with a pout. Feeling dejected for the unsuccessful back hug of the younger. The treatment he got from his beloved Sehun made his heart hurt, it also made him feel lonely and depressed the more the younger tried to avoid him.

 

 

“Why is there a house inside a cave?” Sehun let out in disbelief as soon as he stood in front of a wooden cottage at the end of the cave.
 

“You didn’t actually think I would live on the coldness of the stone floor, did you?” Joon Myeon rolled his eyes before leaving the others outside, entering the house to find what they were there for. Xiu Min snickered at the comment that Sehun got but stopped as soon as the said guy shot a glare at him.
 

A few minutes later, Joon Myeon came back with a blue bag in his hands and a large smile on his face.
 

“Let’s go!” Joon Myeon suggested happily, done with his part of the mission.
 

“Okey... Who’s next?” Xiu Min wondered, looking at the others one by one. “Mine?”
 

“Let’s take Sehun’s first, since his home is in the village next to this.” Joon Myeon answered with a smile and nodded in Sehun’s direction.
 

Lu Han’s face lit up, a grin slowly appearing on his face. “Shall we hurry then?” He questioned, or rather ordered, as he grabbed a hold of Sehun’s arm and started dragging him towards the exit. Excitement was clearly shown in his face, in contrast to the fear in the younger’s.
 

“W-wait! I-it’s better if I just go by myself! I-I don’t want to bother my p-parents-“
 

“Of course not!” Lu Han interrupted Sehun. “Don’t worry; we’ll take good care of them. Moreover, I wouldn’t want you to get hurt on your way there…” He added and winked at the younger, successfully making him shiver, before continuing on the way to the village nearby.

 

 

A couple hours of walking, they finally arrived at the hometown of Sehun. Standing right outside the cozy looking home of the younger, Lu Han turned towards him with a smile.
 

“Shall we, maybe, go inside now? I can’t wait to meet your parents!” Luhan exclaimed happily, making his three companions to stare at him with raised eyebrows.
 

“What are you planning?” Sehun carefully asked, not trusting the older at all.
 

“Oh nothing! Nothing at all! I promise…” Lu Han said innocently while shaking his head.
 

“Sehun? Is that you?” A woman’s voice called out, surprising the group. “It is you! My baby!” The woman continued soon thereafter before swiftly making her way towards Sehun and pulling him in an embrace.
 

“Mom! Let go of me!” Sehun complained when his mother hugged him even tighter, almost suffocating him. “You’re embarrassing me!” He cried out while trying to pray the woman’s hands off of him.
 

“But I’ve missed you so much! Why didn’t you tell us you were coming to visit?” She said as she slowly let go of her son, a smile spread on her face as she looked at her son in a loving way.
 

“Well…” Sehun said with furrowed eyebrows, not really happy to be treated like a small child in front of his friends.
 

“Who’s there?” A male voice called out this time and Sehun’s eyes widened as he recognized it.
 

“Ah! Darling! It’s our baby! He’s back home!” His mother answered as soon as the man appeared through the door. A well-built man with a pan in his right hand stood now next to Xiu Min, a hint of excitement in his otherwise expressionless face as he stared at his son.
 

“Sehun.” The man simply said, making the said guy look back at him.
 

“Dad.” Sehun answered back, his face also expressionless.
 

“Well… that explains where he got his looks from…” Xiu Min whispered to Joon Myeon, earning a nod from the latter.
 

“These are my friends. You’ve already met Joon Myeon.” Sehun announced to his parents. His mother smiled and nodded towards the said guy while his father only nodded. “And this is Xiu Min and… Lu Han.” Sehun finished rather awkwardly as he saw the look of the latter’s face.
 

“Hi!” Lu Han said as he reached out his hand towards the father, his smile never leaving his face.
 

“Oh… wow…” Sehun’s mother let out almost dreamily as she examined the handsome features of both guys. “How can all your friends be so handsome? Can I adopt you?” She then blurted out excitedly.
 

Sehun’s eyes widened, not because of the fact his mother wanted to adopt his friends, but for the expression that was now plastered on Lu Han’s face. Fear washed over him as soon as he saw the latter open his mouth to say something.
 

 

“Sehun!” Another female voice screamed from behind them, successfully stopping Lu Han to blurt out something inappropriate, making all of them turn around in surprise once again.
 

Sehun didn’t get to turn around completely as a girl flung her arms around his waist, squeezing him in a deathly embrace around his stomach.
 

“R-release me!” Sehun managed to let out, his face slowly and faintly turning bluish from the lack of oxygen. “I… can’t… breathe…” He whispered out of breath.
 

“Let go of him!” Both Sehun’s mother and Lu Han finally let out before running over to rescue him.
 

“Why?” The girl pouted unhappily while releasing her prey. “He’s my fiancé…”
 

“You’re what?!” Lu Han blurted out, shock clearly heard in his voice. “Nuh uh…” He said while shaking his head. “That’s not true right?” He faced Sehun for answers, biting his lip in anticipation.
 

“Why? It is true.” Sehun’s mother answered instead as her son just remained silent. “Aren’t they just cute together? Our dear baby Sehun and our pretty daughter-in-law Jing Wei…” She then added as she pulled the said couple to stand next to her.
 

Lu Han glared at the girl in front of him. Her long black hair reached down to her waist and was tied with a red ribbon. The petite girl stared back at him with big eyes and a dazzling smile. Lu Han felt jealousy and hatred bubble inside of him the more he looked at her or thought about this whole fiancé-thing. How could his beloved Sehun be engaged to that little girl? And here he was, already prepared to confess his love for Sehun to his parents, only to meet this obstacle?

 

 

Lu Han’s face dropped, he felt how despair started to eat him from inside and his heart started to hurt again. Sehun noticed the change of expression in his face, much to his annoyance, and felt somewhat guilty for keeping this a secret. This whole engagement thing had been against his will in the first place though, and he didn’t actually like the girl that his parents had chosen for him. They had been childhood friends, which made it even harder to say no to his parents about their decision. And being the coward he was, he didn’t want to go against his mother and father. But this was his chance. Maybe the only chance he’ll get for a while to once and for all break free and do whatever he wanted to do. Sehun felt like he had to do something. And that’s fast.
 

Sehun quickly broke away from his mother’s grip before standing next to Lu Han. Sehun took a deep breath before linking his arm with Lu Han’s, earning a sincere look of confusion from everyone in the group.
 

“Actually… I wanted to introduce you to… my… boyfriend… Lu Han…” Sehun breathed out, his face remaining serious all the time while his free hand was tightened in a fist. But the looks of the others became a mix of confusion and shock as they all stared at him. Lu Han could only stare at him in disbelief, not able to process the younger’s words.
 

“What?!” Sehun’s parents finally exclaimed with widened eyes. His father dropped the pan he had been holding in his hand, anger soon visible in his face as he narrowed his eyes at his son.
 

Oh my god… what have I done? Sehun thought in fear as he saw the anger of his father. Regret soon following…

 


Author's note:

Okay... let me quote Sehun: Oh my god... what have I done? xD

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I will try and update as soon as I can (I want more HunHan xD). I've had some chaos recently and major problems for my family, and also that damn eye infection I got... twice... -.- But I hope it won't get in the way for my writing ^^

Sooo... ehm... well, Sehun's good at shocking people xD At least now... Hopefully I'll soon be able to write a bit fluff for our dear HunHan couple ;) That's if Luhan will ever recover from the sudden announcement from his dear Sehun and if the latter will somehow accept his love xD Also if they'll be able to get rid of Sehun's fiancé, Jing Wei...

I better not keep talking, or else I will probably say too much xD So until next time, have a great night/morning/day/evening!

/Angela90s