Fearful Situation

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

~Zi Tao’s POV ~
 

“This can’t happen!” I let out in despair and slouched down on the still crowded floor. How could I let her out of my sight like that? How could I let this happen at all? And why didn’t my power work on them?
 

“Hey, Zi Tao. What’s wrong?” Yi Xing asked as he crouched down beside me, putting a hand on my right shoulder.
 

“I’ve lost her…” I whispered sadly. I feel so powerless…
 

“Lost who?” Yi Xing questioned worriedly. I could sense that he already had a feeling of knowing who I was talking about. He looked alarmed where he sat next to me, his eyes widened in fear.
 

“What are you two doing?” Another voice asked, belonging to no other than Baekhyun.

 

I felt a tear leave my eye as I looked up at the guy, with no way to hide my feelings. The pain in my chest now unbearable as Joon Myeon also came over to us, followed by Jong In and Wu Yi Fan. Everyone could see me crying openly now, and I felt kind of embarrassed to show them my weak side. But there was no helping it…
 

“Wait! Why are you crying?! Yi Xing, did you bully him or something?!” Baekhyun said out loud, ignoring people staring at our group weirdly.
 

“Why would I bully one of my best friends?!” Yi Xing let out irritatedly. “The princess is gone!”
 

“What? Are you sure? Maybe she’s just gone to the ladies-“
 

“Of course I’m sure!” Yi Xing interrupted Joon Myeon in the middle of his sentence. “She’s been kidnapped!”
 

“She’s been what?!” Both Chanyeol and Xiu Min yelled out at the same time, making everyone jump at the suddenness. They had obviously ended their pointless fight as soon as they heard the news.
 

“Is that really true?” Joon Myeon asked me with a gentle tone. I nodded as an answer, still unable to speak because of my tears.
 

“Don’t you dare blame yourself Zi Tao! It’s all of us that are to blame. We should have been paying more attention…” Baekhyun tried to comfort me with his words but I could only feel more tears falling.
 

“But… I… I tried… to… I really did…” I stuttered. “But… my power… didn’t work…” I pushed myself to say as my eyes got tearier. “She… that woman… smirked evilly… then… they disappeared into… into thin air…”
 

“She did what? That woman can teleport too?!” Jong In let out in disbelief and I nodded slowly.

 

Xiu Min had to support himself by leaning on Yi Xing; he didn’t even realize that he had used his power once again without thinking. The room got colder and colder as the frost spread around us.
 

“Stop that!” Chanyeol let out in panic. “It’s freezing!”
 

Xiu Min looked up at Chanyeol before he finally snapped back, shaking his head feverishly as he stopped using his power. The room slowly went back to normal; the crowd seemed to not bother with our group anymore either.
 

“What are we waiting for? Let’s find Jiao Lin already!” Chanyeol’s voice was loud and panicky.
 

“How do you intend us to find her without any clues of her whereabouts?” Yi Xing questioned while standing up, dragging me up with him.
 

“Oh… That…” Chanyeol said while thinking over this dilemma. How could we find the princess when she’s been teleported away, leaving no footprints or anything?

 

I turned around as Wu Yi Fan cleared his throat, obviously wanting to say something. The others did also face the prince.
 

“Why don’t we just let Jong In search for her? He can teleport…” He shyly said and scratched the back of his neck. “He just have to stand at the place where they teleported from and he’ll be able to track them.” He finished when everyone stared at him weirdly.
 

“You can do that?” Xiu Min asked out of curiosity while staring at Jong In with hopeful eyes. “Well! What are you waiting for?! Go!” He pushed Jong In, not really sure of where the princess had disappeared from but pushed the younger guy nevertheless.
 

“Wait!” Jong In let out, panic in his voice. “How can you send me all alone?! What if I’ll die when I arrive there? Who’s going to take responsibility if something happens to me?”
 

”Eh? Well, take someone with you then!” Xiu Min answered. Not intending to be the one following him though.
 

“That’s impossible though. He can’t teleport two at the same time…” Yi Fan announced. And everyone looked disappointedly at the floor.
 

“So… How will we do it then?” Yi Xing said in a defeated tone of voice. “If there’s only one of us who can teleport then what can we do? One can stop time, I can heal and the rest of us have only magical powers…”
 

“Well… I…” Yi Fan started and all of us turned our concentration on the extremely tall guy. “I can fly.” He continued while flapping his hands cutely.

 

My tears had stopped falling as I stared at the tall prince flapping his hands slowly, my chest constricted as I looked at the cute gestures of the older guy. Staring at the overflowing cuteness, I didn’t know what to do. Then I snapped out of it, remembering Jiao Lin being gone. She would have loved to see this though…
 

The others were still staring at the prince speechlessly.
 

“Alright… let’s go before they all start making fun of you…” Jong In said and dragged his friend with him. “Oh right… Where did she disappear?” Jong In turned around a bit embarrassed.
 

I pointed at the spot where I last saw the two, earning a small nod from Jong In before he walked over to that place. He let go of Yi Fan and took a deep breath before vanishing into thin air. Yi Fan only shook his head before leaving through the door at the other side of the room. Just as he left, I got curious. I wanted to see if it really was true, that he indeed could fly. So I glanced over at Yi Xing and received a nod from him before we both ran out of the room, leaving the rest of the guys in the crowded and noisy room.

 

As soon as we had gotten outside we looked around feverishly, not seeing Yi Fan anywhere. I pouted a bit disappointedly and was just about to walk inside again when all of a sudden we heard a loud roar from behind. We hastily turned around to see something we would only have dreamt of seeing in real life. There it was. The rare sight of a magnificent dragon standing proudly just meters away from us.
 

The fear of meeting the legendary beast took over my body completely. I couldn’t breathe normally as the panic rose. How can a dragon be at the palace!? Why isn’t anyone warning the others?! Where are the guards?!
 

Yi Xing stumbled backwards, falling hard on the ground when he tripped on the broken branch just lying on the grass. He wasn’t able to take his eyes off the beastly sight, the black dragon hovering over the both of us as it walked forward.
 

My legs failed me when the dragon was closing in, making me fall on the ground next to Yi Xing. Both of us frozen in fear as we stared at it. Our minds totally blank.
 

I definitely don’t want to get killed right now... Not now that we’re supposed to find the princess and all!
 

I’m too young to die!