Struggle

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

Lin Cui Fen snapped her fingers, making the warriors go to attack. Zi Tao stood in front of the princess and guarded her as the others in the group got ready to attack. Yi Xing put one of his hands on Zi Tao’s shoulder, silently motioning the latter to let him protect the princess instead, since Yi Xing only had healing powers. Zi Tao nodded his head and left Jiao Lin in Yi Xing’s hands.
 

The warriors quickly made their way towards the group with their swords and spears ready. The guys spread throughout the room, effectively shielding the princess and the healer. The big room felt much smaller now that hundreds of warriors had appeared out of nowhere. Jiao Lin and Yi Xing hurriedly made their way towards a huge rock right at the entrance where they had first come through. They watched silently as their friends were running towards the mass, feeling worried for them and prayed for this to end well.
 

Everyone used their powers towards the enemies, making flashes and fire appear almost nonstop. Xiu Min bravely ran towards a couple of warriors, using his frost magic to freeze them. Only to get attacked from the back as another kicked Xiu Min in the back, making him stumble forward. He fell on the hard ground rather painfully, dusty sand spread everywhere at the impact. Chanyeol swiftly made his way towards the one that had attacked Xiu Min. He made a ball out of fire which he successfully hit the warrior with before reaching out his hand towards Xiu Min. Xiu Min hesitantly took the giant’s hand and accepted his help. They didn’t have time to talk as five more enemies came towards them, making them have to act once more.

 

Baekhyun was fighting near one of the corners, bright light emanated through his hands, making anyone within a two-meter distance as good as blind. On the other side was Joon Myeon summoning water, splashing any warrior he could reach with blasts of cold water. The parts of ground that was damped turned into mud, making it slippery for anyone who walked there. Lu Han slipped as he pushed Sehun out of the way, saving the younger from a sudden attack. The younger hurriedly reached out to grab Lu Han’s arm and dragged the latter up on his feet before he got hit by one of the evil guys, making Lu Han shout out in fury. Sehun tried to get up even though it hurt a lot, making an effort to stand up as quickly as possible as they now were surrounded by black dressed guys.
 

Zi Tao found an abandoned sword stuck in one of the walls, grabbing a tight grip on it and pulled it loose with all his might. As soon as it slipped out of the underground-wall he swiftly moved through a mass of warriors, slashing them with swift movements of his sword. He clashed the deadly weapon together with another’s, using his strength to push the enemy away with slight difficulty. His wushu skills definitely made its use now as several warriors came towards him. Zi Tao hunched down, swinging one of his legs around in a circle in an attempt to make some of them fall. He soon made a spin kick in the air, landing for just a short amount of time before launching his sword towards the enemies. With a lotus kick he managed to get rid of two out of nine warriors before getting another kick towards his back. Zi Tao fell towards the ground but quickly got up, not intending to ever give up.

 

There were screams and grunts, clashing of weapons, sounds from kicking and hitting filling the now dusty air. Jiao Lin coughed as another dust cloud made its way in her direction, making Yi Xing gently pat her back. They watched anxiously as their friends fought among side each other, making the enemies fall one after another. Tensing up every now and then as some of them got hurt in one way or another. Jiao Lin wanted to help the others but Yi Xing firmly held her back, shaking his head at her. If there only was something I could do…
 

She soon noticed that Lin Cui Fen was gone; widening her eyes in fear as she quickly scanned the room with no success of finding the evil woman. Where is she? What is she planning? Yi Xing seemed to also realize that Cui Fen was gone; he exchanged glances with Jiao Lin in alarm. But they didn’t get to say anything as a heart wrenching scream filled the room.
 

Jong In had successfully teleported so that he stood behind one of the warriors; he had stabbed the guy mercilessly in the back making the guy scream out in pain. Even though it wasn’t a killing strike it was still severe. Yi Fan was at his side, using his long legs to kick the enemies hard and relatively fast. He didn’t use his fists to fight, only his legs, making it seem easier than it actually was. There wasn’t many who dared try to fight the giant, even though he fought against them without holding back. Yi Fan and Jong In combined their strength and speed to attack the warriors with what seemed like endless combos. Jong In occasionally teleported back and forth between the enemies, confusing them enough to make Yi Fan effectively defeat them.

 

Yi Xing couldn’t even react before Lin Cui Fen appeared before him, smirking evilly as she swiftly grabbed a hold of Jiao Lin’s neck tightly. Jiao Lin gasped for air as she tried to get away from the woman’s deadly grip but with no success. Yi Xing stood like frozen and could only stare at the situation playing in front of his eyes. Panic rose inside of him, making him unable to move a single muscle.
 

“Yi Xing! Wake up!” Jong In called out loudly, making Yi Xing snap out of his panicked state. “Do something!” Jong In yelled while another warrior attacked him, blocking hit after hit.
 

Yi Xing finally moved forward, sprinting as soon as the woman started backing away. He jumped towards them, grabbing a hold of Jiao Lin’s ankle just in time before Cui Fen could teleport, making it impossible for them to disappear.
 

“Let go!” Cui Fen hissed angrily. Her face was red from anger because of the healer’s action.
 

“No!” Yi Xing let out firmly, tightening his grip around the princess’ ankle.
 

Cui Fen tightened her hands around Jiao Lin’s neck in turn, making it impossible for the latter to even breathe. It didn’t take long before Jiao Lin fainted from the lack of oxygen, collapsing in the evil woman’s arms. Yi Xing gasped at the sudden break down of the princess but still didn’t loosen his grip. It only made him more determined to keep holding on. Lin Cui Fen only grew angrier and angrier, her veins in her neck clearly visible as she tried to pull the princess away from Yi Xing with no success.
 

A sword whooshed through the air towards the woman; she barely evaded it by letting go of Jiao Lin. Yi Xing quickly let go of Jiao Lin’s ankle and was just about to grab a hold of her when Yi Fan suddenly picked her up in his arms. Yi Fan quickly started running towards the exit as Xiu Min, Joon Myeon and Jong In blocked Cui Fen from following them. Yi Xing hadn’t even noticed that there wasn’t that many enemies left until he looked around. There were bodies laying everywhere on the muddy ground, a couple of them still moving around weakly.

 

“Let’s go and help Wu Yi Fan.” Zi Tao said as he put a hand on Yi Xing’s shoulder, making the latter nod at him before they both started running towards the exit too.
 

They ran past Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were now fighting alongside each other, combining their powers into a beam of light and fire. Zi Tao grabbed Yi Xing’s arm to make him run faster as the latter wasn’t as fast as him.
 

They were just about to catch up as Yi Fan suddenly lifted from the ground, still holding the princess tightly as they flew through the opening. Yi Xing’s jaw dropped while Zi Tao’s eyes widened in shock.
 

“So… he really… could fly?” Zi Tao suddenly let out embarrassed over not believing the prince at first.
 

Yi Xing couldn’t say a single word, too shocked to even make a comprehensible thought. They were soon woken up as Sehun tapped them on their shoulders and then just ran through the exit himself, followed by a serious looking Lu Han. Soon followed the rest of the group, everyone had equally serious faces as they ran past Yi Xing and Zi Tao.
 

“Hurry up you two!” Chanyeol yelled as he was the last one in the line.
 

They quickly tagged along, a bit confused of why everyone was running away now. But the enemies were defeated at least, there was only Lin Cui Fen missing in the mass of bodies spread out the room. As soon as all of them were outside they quickly gathered near the royal chariot.

 

“Wait! Where did that evil woman go?” Yi Xing let out in an anxious tone while looking around cautiously.
 

“She just disappeared after saying something about ‘I’ll get you next time’.” Joon Myeon answered tiredly, exhausted after the fights.
 

Yi Fan gently put Jiao Lin down inside the chariot, making her lie comfortably on the seats. Zi Tao joined the two inside the chariot and worriedly made his way towards the princess. He checked her pulse to see if she was alive, which she was, and sighed relieved.
 

“Woah! Sehun! You’re bleeding!” Lu Han suddenly burst out in panic just outside the royal chariot.
 

“Ah… don’t worry!” Sehun let out flustered as Lu Han crouched down and checked the deep cut in the younger’s leg.
 

“What do you mean by that!? Of course I’ll worry if my love is hurt!” Lu Han said as he narrowed his eyes, he was really worried for the younger and didn’t want to see him in pain.

 

Yi Xing didn’t waste any time, he quickly walked towards Sehun and motioned for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to make the younger sit. They complied with the silent order and effortlessly made the younger sit down on the ground. Yi Xing held both of his hands above the cut and concentrated with his eyes closed. His hands emitted a faint light as Yi Xing used his powers to heal the younger. Sehun winced in pain. It didn’t take more than a couple of minutes before the cut was healed and had stopped bleeding completely.
 

“Wow… amazing…” Jong In let out in admiration seeing Yi Xing’s healing powers.
 

“Of course he’s amazing! He’s my friend!” Xiu Min said proudly while straightening himself.
 

“Does that mean that I’m amazing too then?” Chanyeol said after a while with a smirk, looking as confident as ever.
 

“Wha-“
 

“That’s right! Then we all must be amazing!” Baekhyun chimed in teasingly, interrupting Xiu Min abruptly. He was amused by the change of expression on Xiu Min’s face and couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle.
 

“So… if we are all amazing…” Lu Han started while thinking deeply. “It won’t take long before Sehun falls for me… right?” He smirked at the said guy, his eyes glinting with affection as he looked at his prey intensely.
 

“What?!” Sehun let out tiredly and totally felt like giving up, but he really didn’t want Lu Han to think that he would like him back by doing so. So he tried to ignore the older and think about how to make Lu Han give up on him.

 

Joon Myeon face-palmed at this whole situation, how could it turn into this? Yi Xing had walked over to Jong In and was now healing the small wounds on both of his arms, making sure that he wouldn’t get an infection. It had been an exhausting day, especially after fighting hundreds of warriors and also their journey to get there had been tiring. But they still had this feeling that something bad would happen in the near future. The disappearance of Lin Cui Fen had put them into a state of worry, making their heads fill with thoughts about what could happen if they would let their guards down.
 

“What are you doing? We better get back home- I mean the palace, with the princess…” Wu Yi Fan said as he got out from the chariot, scratching his neck a bit embarrassed. “She has to get some proper rest.” He continued soon and looked away.
 

“Oh right…” Joon Myeon let out and a smile spread on his face, happy to actually go back.
 

“But… how will we get back now?” Sehun questioned, making everyone turn to him. “I mean, since we’ve saved the princess we’re one more person now…  It was really crowded on the way here; won’t it be even harder to fit inside the chariot now?”
 

He does have a point there… Jong In thought to himself, but soon he got an idea.

 

“I know!” Jong In blurted out happily, now everyone was facing him instead. “Why not just let Yi Fan summon some dragons and then we could all fly back home!” He announced his suggestion cheerfully, as if it was the best plan ever.
 

Both Zi Tao and Yi Xing froze at the thought of having to once again stand near a mighty and fearful dragon. Never would they want to face one of those again, even less numerous of them. But Chanyeol ignored the scared faces of his friends and smiled brightly towards Yi Fan and Jong In.
 

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Chanyeol decided without letting the others say anything against it. A new experience for them all was soon to happen.

 


Author's note:

Wow... this was the second time ever that I've written a fight scene and I'm pretty proud over the result ^^

I really want to thank all of my readers and evryone that is commenting, if it wouldn't be for all of you I wouldn't write this story ;)

Well, Kris can actually fly ^^ I'm happy that I could write about it in this chapter :D Even though he didn't fly much xD But I promise that more things will happen in the near future :P

/Angela90s