Despair

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

~Wu Yi Fan’s POV ~
 

“What are you doing?” I blurted out as soon as I saw the two trembling guys on the grass. They looked terrified.
 

I didn’t get an answer so I stepped forward, shaking my head at the sight before facing the somewhat irritated dragon that stood hovering over them. With a flick of my fingers the dragon slowly backed away. I saw Yi Xing staring at me confused while Zi Tao still was frozen on the ground.
 

“Wh-what d-did y-you d-do?” Yi Xing stuttered. Fear was still shown clearly in his widened eyes.
 

“What do you mean?” I asked a bit puzzled at his question. “I just made it move a bit so-“
 

“Yeah but how?!” Yi Xing interrupted loudly, which made Zi Tao snap out of his trance. “It’s a dragon for goodness sake! A fearful, mighty and… and huge dragon!” His voice gave away his panic.
 

I stared at him blankly for a moment before pointing at the dragon with wide eyes.
 

“This? It’s just a dragon…” I simply said. “It’s not dangerous, at least if you don’t anger it…” I finished and stopped pointing at it.
 

“Just a dragon?!” Zi Tao let out in disbelief. “How can you say that?! Do you even know what you’re talking about?!”
 

Just as I opened my mouth to speak, Jong In appeared out of nowhere. For once did he actually arrive at the right place. It could have been like all those other times he teleported. Like the time he ended up in the middle of a pack hungry tigers or when he accidentally ended up in the ladies bathroom…  I still remember it clearly; his bright red face could probably have lighted up a whole room after he had run out from the crowded room full of half- women...
 

“Yi Fan! Why haven’t you even gotten anywhere yet?! I’ve been waiting for almost fifteen minutes already!” Jong In yelled out irritated but his irritation soon faded as he saw the looks of the two guys still on the grass. “What’s wrong with you?” He raised his eyebrows.
 

“What’s wrong?! Are you kidding me?! There’s a humongous beast just a few meters away from your back and you’re not even affected by it? What’s wrong with you two?! It’s a dragon for goodness sake!” Yi Xing spoke hastily as he pointed at the dragon with his shaking hand.
 

Jong In on the other hand stared at him strangely before realizing something I hadn’t. Apparently…
 

“Oh right… you’re probably not used to see dragons huh?” He said while scratching his neck. “Well, you better get used to it when you’re with Yi Fan.” He continued with a small smirk forming on his lips.
 

“What?” Zi Tao weakly let out, his eyes widened at Jong In’s statement.
 

“Anyway, we don’t have time to idle around! Let’s go already, Yi Fan. Take your dragon with you so these guys can calm down.” Jong In said and let a serious expression take over.
 

“Oh… but… this isn’t my dragon though…” I answered him hesitantly. He looked at me confused, as did the other two. The dragon growled slightly, but stayed still.
 

“What? Then… whose dragon is that?” Jong In carefully asked and pointed at the now tired dragon. It looked quite funny when it decided to show how tired it was by yawning loudly. It let out a small puff of fire as it waited for us to finish our discussion.
 

“I don’t know… but it’s more patient than mine by a whole lot…” I nodded as I observed the huge ‘beast’ as Yi Xing probably would have called it. “And then I mean a whole lot.”
 

“Oh… you’re right…” Jong In let out after a while. Yi Xing and Zi Tao probably didn’t even understand a thing as their eyes stared at me weirdly.

 

Another roar was heard, but not from the dragon in front of us. It came from above. I let my eyes wander up to the deep blue sky, searching it for the source of the roar. Right behind one of the bigger clouds I could see a tail sticking out, and I could immediately recognize who it belonged to.
 

Why does he always do that? I sighed deeply.
 

I glared at the dragon in the sky, making it flinch when meeting my gaze when it peeked out from behind the fluffy white cloud. I didn’t even need to say anything as the dragon swiftly made its way down. Landing with a loud thump on the ground right in front of me, it looked like it was pouting unhappily.

 

“Don’t you dare look at me like that. You know it doesn’t work on me.” I coldly said to the dragon who tried to act cute in front of me. It narrowed its eyes and pouted even more. “You should’ve come earlier. We’re in a hurry now, let’s go.” I continued as the dragon glared at me annoyed.
 

Yi Xing and Zi Tao stared with wide eyes at us, not even caring to hide their confusion. Jong In shook his head tiredly and then started walking towards the other dragon. He examined it up and down, earning disapproving glares from it.
 

“So… who do you belong to?” Jong In asked the dragon directly. The dragon looked a bit irritated by now. “Well, Yi Fan. What do we do with this one?” He faced me and tilted his head slightly towards the black dragon.
 

“Just leave it.” I said with a shrug.
 

“Don’t!” Yi Xing shot up from the ground, followed by Zi Tao. “Don’t you dare leave it here!”
 

“Why not? I already told you that it’s not dangerous.” I said. The black dragon must have taken it as a signal to puff out some fire again, as to scare the two guys even more.
 

I glared at it intensely, making it almost immediately to stop teasing the guys with breathing fire. After a small staring contest it looked down, bowing towards me respectfully.
 

“Are you done yet?” Jong In said impatiently. I nodded as an answer and he let a smile spread on his face. “Let’s go then.”
 

As soon as he had said those words he was gone. I sighed and then mounted my dragon. I made thumbs up towards Yi Xing and Zi Tao before the dragon took off. Spreading its huge wings gracefully as it soared into the sky towards our destination.

 

~Yi Xing’s POV ~
 

I stared blankly after Yi Fan and the dragon; they soared quickly to the sky and left in no time. I didn’t know what to think or do anymore. I could only think about the fact that I actually had been just meters away from a definitely living dragon. And survived! No wait… make that two dragons instead…
 

“Wait a minute… didn’t he say that he could fly?” Zi Tao suddenly asked, making me snap out of my daze. I nodded slowly at him. “But he wasn’t flying, it was the dragon. That’s cheating!” He soon let out displeased.
 

He did have a good point there… Why say that he can fly when the dragon does it for him? That’s not fair! He obviously lied about it, but why do that? Did he try to act cool? But that doesn’t really make sense, does it? I mean, he’s already a prince. A handsome prince actually…
 

Wait! Why am I even thinking about that right now?! We’re supposed to save the princess right this moment! We don’t have time to idle around like this, even though this huge black dragon is staring at us like a creeper… really…  
 

I stared back at it weirdly, still a bit frightened at being so close to a living dragon. They’re supposed to be rare, but we’ve already seen two of them in the same place and at the same time… And somehow we were still alive… But with the look from that dragon, it didn’t seem like it would take long before it would attack us…

 

But the dragon just snorted and then turned around; slowly walking away with huge steps. Leaving us there confused and shocked. It soon made a few low jumps before it ascended up into the sky and flied away. Once again I ended up staring blankly at the sight of the flying dragon in the deep blue sky. Wondering about how that big and most definitely heavy beast could even fly…
 

“What do we do now?” I heard Zi Tao ask unsurely. “How do we get to the princess? We can’t just let Yi Fan and Jong In be the only ones to venture out to rescue Jiao Lin… She’s our friend, not theirs…” He finished and looked deeply into my eyes.
 

“Hmm…” I thought intensely for a short while before answering. “Well… we could always do it that way…”
 

“That way? What way?” Zi Tao hesitantly questioned. Confusion shown clearly in his dark eyes.
 

“You’ll see…” I simply answered and smiled brightly at him.

 

~Jiao Lin’s POV ~
 

My head hurt a lot, almost like it had been thrown into a wall or something. I slowly opened my eyes just to see darkness surround me. I blinked a few times to let my eyes get used to the lack of light, but it seemed like it was impossible. There wasn’t even the slightest glow, which made me feel a bit scared actually. How could there possibly not be any kind of light?
 

I crawled on the floor, searching for anything that could tell me something about this place. I couldn’t crawl that far though since I found a wall not far away from where I started. I stood up with my hands firmly against the wall as I slowly followed it around, noticing that the room wasn’t that much bigger than the royal chariot. Which wasn’t that big…
 

I started freaking out because of the small space. Turning feverishly around to find a door, which I couldn’t find no matter how much I searched. I tried to calm down with deep breaths, but it only made it worse… Just thinking about being locked inside a room without any way to get out was terrifying! I wasn’t used to be in small rooms at all, all the rooms at the palace are big. Even the bathrooms are huge actually… This room couldn’t even be compared to the wardrobes either, since they’re all quite big. This only made me feel claustrophobic…
 

I stopped searching for a door or a window or any kind of way out. And I started to scream out loudly for help instead but I couldn’t even hear myself, not a single noise was heard in the dark room. No matter how much I tried to scream it was absolutely quiet. Which made me panic even more. I screamed and hit the walls furiously but still nothing happened. I felt my eyes get all teary as I came to realize there was no point in screaming my head off.
 

As I punched the wall a couple of more times I soon gave up and slid down the wall in defeat. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek, wetting my shaking hand. A tear out of despair and fear…
 

Please… someone help me…