When There’s Too Much Excitement

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

~Wu Yi Fan’s POV ~
 

~ She was just standing there, beside the tree, with her back towards me. Her long dark hair dancing in the wind. She wore a long white dress with golden embroidery decorating the fabric. I couldn’t help myself from admiring her silhouette, lit up by the setting sun. She looked so beautiful…
 

But then I saw her putting up her hands towards her face while slowly bending forward. An anxious feeling grew inside of me. I heard a scream, a heart wrenching scream… Suddenly everything went pitch black; all I could see was the girl who was still bending forward. She turned towards me, slowly putting her hands down and standing straight again. She looked at me with tears in her beautiful eyes. Why was she sad? My heart started hurting.
 

White wings grew out of her back, a small smile spread on her face and then she just closed her eyes and faded away. I ran towards the spot where she had been standing only seconds ago, while screaming out to her to come back. With no name to actually call out to her I desperately tried to find her, but there weren’t any traces left of her anywhere.
 

And then I heard a laugh, a wicked laugh, right behind me. I turned around and saw a man standing there with something in his hand that looked like a letter. Surprised I widened my eyes because of the sudden appearance of the man. He was dressed all in black, and looked at me with a smirk on his face. I tried to move further away from him but I couldn’t move my feet anymore. I gradually started to panic. He opened his mouth, to say something. I felt a cold wind embracing me and I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at the man intensely.
 

“You can’t save her.” he said. “You will never find her, no matter how hard you try. And even if you do, you can’t do anything to save her.” 
 

His words echoed in my head, and then everything went pitch black once more. ~

 

I woke up, cold sweat covered my body. I was shaking violently after getting into a sitting position on my bed. I tried to relax my body so I would stop shaking. I breathed unsteadily while trying to cover myself with the blanket that I had thrown away at some time under my deep slumber. Why did this dream have to occur again?
 

I dried the sweat from my face with the towel that I had put on my bedside table yesterday, just in case something like this would happen again. And somehow I was right. It did happen again. I started to get irritated, why have a dream that made no sense whatsoever?
 

“Your majesty. It’s time to get ready now. The party will start soon and I’m afraid I can’t let you sleep any longer.” The servant bowed deeply, but I could still see the grin on his face. He enjoys making me look like a fool, huh?
 

I smirked as he stood straight again, his smile faded as soon as his gaze hit mine. “Really?” I said coldly. “Well, can’t let the others wait then.” I finished irritated as I got out of my bed.
 

The servant’s expression on his face changed to looking scared as I walked over to him, glaring at him menacingly. He stumbled backwards as I got closer and closer. I didn’t like his attitude at all; he always thought he was better than everyone else just because he was the crown prince’s personal servant. My brother seemed to always draw strange people to him, and this one was no exception. I’m not going to let him look down on me…

 

“Yi Fan!” I got interrupted as Jong In, my bodyguard, came rushing in. Not knocking as usual…
 

“What?” I tiredly asked and let the servant go. “Why don’t you ever knock? No, did you fail with teleporting again?” I asked teasingly. He scratched his neck embarrassed.
 

“That’s not important…” He started as he slumped down on my bed with a smile. “There seems to be a new couple in the palace…” He smiled even more brightly.
 

“And?” I opened my wardrobe and searched for some clothes for the celebration. “I already know about my brother’s fiancé.” I announced before grabbing some dark looking garments.
 

Jong In got up from the bed with a sigh and took the clothes away from me unexpectedly. Leaving me empty handed as he himself rummaged through my other wardrobe carelessly. He soon put some white garments in my hands instead and smiled once again.
 

“Not those two. I mean the princess’ friends.” He chuckled. “That Lu Han guy seems to be head over heels in love with Sehun or whatever his name is.”
 

I stared at him with raised eyebrows. “But… they’re both guys, right?” I questioned unsurely.
 

“Mhm. That’s what makes it funnier.” He chuckled again. I widened my eyes at him.
 

“What’s so funny about that?” I asked, a bit irritated at how my own bodyguard could be so narrow minded.
 

“Eh?” He sounded confused now. “Oh… I didn’t mean anything bad! I promise!” He added flustered. “I just thought it was an odd couple that’s all!”
 

“In what way are they odd then?” My voice sounded a bit harsher than I intended but Jong In didn’t seem to notice it.
 

“Well… firstly, it’s only Lu Han who seems infatuated with that younger guy-“
 

“How do you know that he’s younger?” I blurted out, interrupting him.
 

“Eh? Oh… that’s a secret…” He said with an innocent looking smile, which let me know that he was in fact not innocent at all. “Okay… secondly, Lu Han clings to that poor guy all the time. And I mean ALL the time…” He quickly added before slumping down on my bed once again.
 

“And?” I questioned.
 

“He won’t let go no matter what…” Jong In chuckled amusedly.  


 

~Sehun’s POV ~
 

Somehow I succeeded in getting dressed without Lu Han’s help. But I must say that it wasn’t easy at all. After he had entered the room with the servant earlier, it was almost impossible to get him off of me. He had immediately grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me into an unbearably tight hug. He almost squished me completely as he had a steady grip around my waist.
 

I tried to wriggle out of his deadly embrace, but the panic had risen when he only held on tighter. I had looked at Yi Xing with a terrified expression on my face only to see that he was busy getting dressed for the party, not noticing this horrible situation that I had been in.
 

But luckily for me, Xiu Min had entered the room and saved me from that beast-like baby-faced monster called Lu Han! Blocking him from getting near me while I hid behind some dark curtains that Yi Xing had hung up so I wouldn’t have to get changed in front of that monster…  
 

Strangely enough did Yi Xing’s clothes suit me, even the color looked nice on me honestly. They were a darker shade of blue, which made me wonder how he could have gotten them since it’s not easy to get these kinds of colored garments if you weren’t of royal blood that is…

But… that’s impossible right? He can’t be… royal…right?

 

I glanced over at Yi Xing, observing him closely. He sat in the corner, staring blankly at his jade box once again. It looked like he was in his own little world, almost like his soul had left his body. Suddenly a tiny smile crept up on his face, but his eyes still blank as they were fixed on the small box in his hands. His dimples were shown clearly and somehow it made him look like a small child.
 

No way can he be royalty! I shook my head feverishly and then I froze. I felt like being watched, and it made me shiver just thinking about it. I slowly turned my head around, terrified of what could happen if I did so. But I couldn’t stop myself from finding out who it was, even though I could pretty much already figure it out.
 

My eyes widened even more as I locked gazes with the one I feared the most. I was met with equally large eyes as mine, only that those eyes were filled with affection and not fear. I gasped when realizing that I had been stupid to even look this way. Now he won’t ever let me go!

 

“Don’t! Don’t… come near… me…” I stuttered. I forced myself to back away slowly towards the door behind me. But Lu Han crawled just as slowly towards me, grinning from ear to ear. As I hit the hard door behind me, Lu Han jumped forward and quickly circled his arms around my waist.
 

“You’re mine… only mine…” He whispered and it made me shiver once again. I felt close to tears as I knew it would be impossible to get away from Lu Han and I got goose bumps all over my body. And since we weren’t outside I couldn’t even use my powers to make him fly away or something. If only a window had been opened…
 

“What are you doing?!” Xiu Min burst out as he swiftly ran towards us and grabbed a hold of Lu Han’s arms, pulling him harshly so he would let go. “I just left the room for a couple of minutes, and this happens?!” He called out loudly, which made Yi Xing finally wake up from his coma-like state.
 

“What?” Yi Xing confusedly let out and let his eyes fall upon us, jumping slightly at the scene that had been taking place just meters away. “When did this happen?!” He sounded shocked.
 

“Since you decided to drift off into dreamland or something…” I irritatedly let out, angry at how oblivious someone could be. Lu Han still clung onto my waist, not intending to let go any time soon.
 

“Oh…” Realization hit Yi Xing. “Sorry…” He whispered apologetically, scratching his neck with one finger.
 

“Lu Han! Just let go already!” Xiu Min yelled out, pulling and dragging the older guy away from me.

 

Just as Lu Han finally let go of me, a guy somehow appeared in front of me. A guy that I remembered was called Jong In. He jumped by surprise which made Xiu Min stumble backwards and fall down on the floor. Lu Han fell forward as Xiu Min accidentally kicked him when falling, which made him in turn grab a hold of Jong In for support. But it made them both fall forward, and my eyes widened until it felt like my eyes were about to plop out, before closing them shut. A loud thud was heard as Jong In fell on top of me, making me hit my head hard on the floor which in turn made me groan.
 

A gasp was heard from Yi Xing and Xiu Min who only could watch everything happen.
 

My whole body hurt as I tried to move, slowly opening my eyes. Jong In stared at me with huge eyes; he almost looked terrified as our faces were only centimeters apart. I could feel the frightened emotion taking over me too as we stared into each other’s eyes. Lu Han groaned as he gradually tried to get up from his position just behind of Jong In. His eyes widened with shock as he saw me and Jong In closely together. Almost too intimate as our bodies were strangely fitted together. Lu Han took a really deep breath before an angry expression took over his usually kind looking face.

 

“Yah!” Lu Han yelled out furiously. “Don’t you dare touch what’s mine!” He continued as he took a tight grip around Jong In’s arm, pulling him brutally away. Leaving me in shock on the hard floor. Wait… what?!
 

“I’m not yours!” I yelled out loudly, not believing that the baby-faced monster had called me his again. “I’ll never be yours!” I continued as harshly as before.
 

“Oh, but I’m pretty sure you will though. Just you wait…” A glint of glee was shown in his dark eyes, he was really too full of himself.
 

“I… I…” Jong In stammered. ”I… didn’t…” He continued in shock. “That’s not…!”
 

Yi Xing and Xiu Min exchanged glances. They both seemed dumbfounded as they returned their concentration on Jong In and Lu Han once more. I could only sit there on the floor speechless.
 

“What’s happening over here?!” I heard Yi Fan ask after opening the door right beside of me. I looked up to see him looking weirdly at us all. Definitely not sure if he did make his entrance at a good time or not…