Betszie

New Zealand, City of Love

It was the day after at 4.30 AM when everyone were still asleep but not with the 2. Yoona and Kyuhyun sat at the train seat. Yoona took the seat beside the window and Kyuhyun sat beside her. "I have a feeling we're really going to be fun." Yoona said to Kyuhyun as the chewed the burgers they bought earlier at McDonald. Kyuhyun nodded and answered, "It's going to be fantastic and of course, since we're going to live in the country side, let's try farming!" Kyuhyun was so enthusiastic and so does Yoona so she nodded and they ate in silence as the train began to move.

 

7.15 AM

Cho Kyuhyun's Family Apartment

"Boss! Kyuhyun is missing! He's not in his room!"

"Searched the whole apartment! The lobby! The Gym! Swimming pool! Everywhere!"

"We've searched and there's no sign of him!"

"Ask the hotel staff or security, stupid!"

"They changed shift since 6 AM and no one has seen Kyu since than."

" it. Searched for him. I don't want to care, you have to find him. Bring him to me at 12 PM. That is your limit or you and the others out." 

"Y-yes, sir."

 

On the train

"Yoona! Wake up! We're here!" Kyuhyun said as he shook Yoona's shoulder. Yoona woke up in a second and rubbed her eyes. "We're here? Okay, let's get down." Yoona said as they both took their luggages and stepped down from the train.

It was just a small, friendly train station. It is very lively and the air was very clean. Both of them went out from the train station and for some while looked around at the scenery that lies upon their eyes. "Kyu oppa, this is very beautiful." Yoona said as she show her biggest smile. Kyuhyun smiled back and nodded, "this is the best. But now, let's find a place to stay." Kyuhyun said and walked away and Yoona followed her.

There's no tourist information. They've walked for like 20 minutes and they're getting tired but no sign of hotel. All just lands full of grass and weeds and grapes.

"Excuse me, do you know any hotel near here, or...?" Kyuhyun carefully asked to an old man; seems like a farmer. "Hotel? Since when there's a hotel here? Young man, if you want to search for a place to live, there's a village  near here. You need to walk for about 10 minutes from here. Just go straight and then left and straight again," the old man said with a hoarse voice. Kyuhyun bowed and said thank you and went away.

"Oppa, i don't think i can walked for another 10 minutes especially with this luggage." Yoona whined. Kyuhyun sighed. "I give you a piggy back but you have to bring those luggages. How's it?" Kyuhyun asked. Yoona hesitated for a while since she has to hold the 2 luggages but in the end she agreed cause her legs can take no more. Kyuhyun ended piggy backing Yoona and they joked at each other.

"Are you ti~red~?" Yoona asked, teasing Kyuhyun. "Yah! Shut up! It's all because of you! We've walked for 10 minutes but we haven't arrived yet!" Kyuhyun complained. "Aigoo~ing, but you asked me if i want a piggy back so i answered, Yes~! Hihi." Yoona laughed. "You're like a little child. Stop it." Kyuhyun said, acting like he's annoyed but actually he's not. "A~ni~yo~~. Haha, okay, i'll stop. Oh, oppa! Look! that's the village!" Yoona pointed. Meadow, farms, small tiny cottage, mountains. "Isn't this place so beautiful?" Yoona asked, day dreaming about what she can do for the next 2 weeks. "Yeah, and it could be more beautiful if you can get down... Now!" Kyuhyun said and put Yoona down. Yoona fell down and pouted. "My hurts, dummy." Yoona said and Kyuhyun just sticked out his tongue and said, "you're not a child. Come and get up."

Yoona stood up and quickly ran away without the luggages. "Yah! Yoona-ya! Bring this luggages! I'm not bringing the two of them." Kyuhyun shouted. Yoona stopped running and shook her head. "Please bring it for me, older brother! Thank you!" Yoona said and do mehrong and walked away. Kyuhyun just sighed and pick up those bag and walked.

"Woah, this is all cotages. Where should we stay?" Yoona complained. Kyuhyun shrugged. Suddenly, a voice came from behind. "Ah, what are these young couples doing here?" It was a voice of an old woman, maybe in her 40 or 50. Yoona and Kyuhyun turned to her and smiled. "Hello. We're taking a vacation here and we want to find a place to stay. Could you showed us which place..." "Oh, there's no hotel here. You can stay in my house." The old woman smiled and said. "Really?" Kyuhyun asked. "Yes. I only lived with my husband so we get lonely sometimes. Come on, follow me!" the old woman said and start walking. Yoona and Kyuhyun looked at each other and do a high five before walking behind the old woman.

The cottage was just a simple small one just like the others. Made of red bricks, with a very lively and peaceful atmosphere. "It is very beautiful, isn't it?" Yoona asked Kyuhyun in korean and he nodded. The old woman opened the door and asked, "are you guys from Korea?" Kyuhyun and Yoona nodded. "Well then, Oso-oseyo!(welcome)" the old woman said. "Oh, you can speak Korean?" Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. "Well only a little bit. My daughter is now living in Seoul." the woman said and welcomed them in.

"Well then, let me show your room first. My husband is not home, he must be working on the back yard at this time. Come on!" the old woman said and led them upstairs. "Miss..." "Yoona" "Okay, Yoona, you can use this room. This is my daughter's room. Her name is Michelle but she never lives here anymore so i guess you can use it." "Ah, thank you." "And you..." "Kyuhyun" "Okay Kyuhyun-ssi, you can use the other room at the end of the corridor." "Thank you madam." "No, don't call me madam. Call me Betszie, that's my name." "Oh, isn't it rude?" "No, in our culture, it's okay." "Thank you then, Betszie!" "Welcome. And i'll be preparing snacks for you guys so in 30 minutes, come down okay?" "Yes, Betszie. thank you!" both of them said in unison and went inside their own room.

 

Yoona's POV

this is the best! I looked outside the windows and it's so peaceful. Cows, meadows, farms, sun light. I love everything here. It's very different from Seoul, from the business.

 

30 minutes later

Yoona and Kyuhyun came down and was greeted by the delicious smell. "Wow, Betszie. What's that?" Yoona asked as she sat down at the dining table. Betszie put down the two plates. "It's Maori, a traditional food. I bet you have never tasted it before, haven't you?" "Yeah! Thank you! We'll eat well!" Yoona said cheerfully.

As they finished eating, a guy came in, a young one. "Betszie!" he shouted. Kyuhyun and Yoona looked at the guy. "Oh, who are you?" he asked. "We're a guest here. We will live here for about 2 weeks. Nice to meet you." Kyuhyun said and stood up. "Ah nice to meet both of you. I'm Max." "I'm Kyuhyun and this is Yoona." "Oh, never heard of that name before. Where do you guys came from?" "Korea. South Korea." "Oh i see. Anyway, is Betszie inside?" "Yes." "Okay, talk to you again later." Max said and disappeared.

As soon as he disappeared, another guy entered. He was old and he was carrying two bags on his shoulder. "I should take it for you, sir." Kyuhyun said and helped the guy with it. "Ah, thank you. Who are you anyway?" "I'm Kyuhyun." and that's when Betszie and Max came out from the kitchen. "Gavroche, you're done? Oh Kyuhyun you can put those at the kitchen, thank you." "Sure." and Kyuhyun dissapeared.

"Who are they?" the guy who was called as Gavroche said. "They are guests. They came for a vacation and i gave them place to live. Here. In our house." "Oh okay." "And that guy name is Kyuhyun and this lady is Yoona." "Nice to meet you, sir." Yoona stood up and bowed. "Ah, good. But don't be so formal. Anyway, i'm Gavroche. Nice to meet you too. I'll be taking a shower. I'll be back later, Betszie." and he walked away.

"Kids, i have something to do so i think Max can tour you around the village. Can you, Max? I'm sure you can." Betszie said. "Really, there's nothing to show." Max shrugged. "Just show them around." "Okay than. Let's go." and the 3 person went out from the cottage.

 

In the house

"Gavroche. Those kids seems like they have nothing to do and there's nothing in our little village to be visited. So why don't you get them some work at the farm? They seem very lively. The must be happy if you let them."

"But..."

"Common."

"Okay then. You talked to them."