Happy Ending?

New Zealand, City of Love

He sat there, looking at his arm watch which shows 7:30AM in the morning. He knows it's just too early to call someone out but he just need to talk through this. He hasn't come home since yesterday and now he's sitting on the usual cafe, waiting for his wife to talk out things that might give nothing to her but sadness and disappointment. It's not like he's been giving her happiness but it's going to be the peak today and whether she's ready or not, Kyuhyun doesn't even want to think of it anymore. 

Jessica came in and stood in front of him. Kyuhyun quickly stood up and told her to sit down and she sat down. Her face was unreadable. Kyuhyun can't expect anything but she seemed calm. "I know this day would come," she started speaking first when Kyuhyun doesn't even uttered a word for the whole 5 minute. "You're saying that she has comeback and you finally realize you really like her and we need to divorce am I right?" Jessica asked, straightforwardly it surprised Kyuhyun at how accurate she was. But still he doesn't want to break her heart even more by saying a straightforward yes. But he nodded in the end and said yes with the word sorry following it. "Sorry doesn't mean anything, Kyuhyun. I used to thought I have a chance. You can tell me what's wrong with the way i treat you all this time..." "No..." "Let me speak. I know you have never wanted this Kyuhyun and so yes, I'm willing to have a divorce but I need you to talk with our parents cause I'm so tired of all of this and since you want this you need to fight for this yourself. I'm letting you go because i know Yoona is a good girl and both of you love each other and seeing two of the people I love the most happy would make me happy too I guess."

but even after saying all those words, Kyuhyun can't still figure out what her face emotion was saying. He was just too cluelesa and he wondered how Jessica easily let him go. But just like she read his mind, she asked, "You must be wondering why it's so easy for me to let you go at this time. Am I right?" Jessica asked and Kyuhyun hesitantly nodded. Jessica looked out the window at the mothers carrying back their shopping bags in their hands, people with their suitcases going to work or students with their backpacks running for school. Everything seems so normal, so happy, so ordinary. 

"I know you have planned everything and knowing that, I've prepared for the worst too ever since," Jessica said. Kyuhyun listened carefully to every words she has to say. Kyuhyun thought it was so weird. The moment he married this girl he doesn't felt hatred but instead he just feel okay. It's true that he doesn't love her as a lover but there's more than just anonymous person to him but he wondered what is it. It was then until Jessica took out her purse and took a picture out of it. She put the small picture on the table and pushed it towards Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked at Jessica in the eyes as he took the photo and slowly turned down his head to look at it. 

2 children, laughing with their arms around each other's shoulder and waist and they looked so happy together. "If you're wondering who are they,..." jessica was going to tell him but Kyuhyun cut her instead by his words, "It's us.," he said and looked up. "You're Jung Sooyeon aren't you?" Kyuhyun asked slowly, turning his attention from the photo to his old bestfriend, his soon to be ex-wife. Jessica nodded as she smiled. "We promised we would marry each other someday and we've completed that promise now so everything's even. I'm glad you still remember me even after I left. But I guess that's it, we're separating for real now but i still expect to see you often since you're going to my sister. Good luck Cho Kyuhyun," Jessica said and stood up. She turned around and walked away before she turned around again and ran to Kyuhyun who has now stood up. Jessica gave him one last hug and whispered, "Thank you so much, best friend. You can keep that photo or throw it away. Because from now on, i'm going to forget everything and start fresh," Jessica said and she ran away in her heels leaving Kyuhyun alone in the cafe. 

The croissant and coffee was never eaten by the two of them and they didn't have their last breakfast together. 

 

3 years later 

"Now I pronounced you as husband and wife. You may kiss the wife now." 

Jessica smiled to the person in front of her as they ended their short kiss. She turned her head a bit to the left and look down to see Kyuhyun, not far from where she's standing and smiled at him. She was so glad she was able to get over him and started a new love. It was all because of Lee Donghae; the guy that from today onwards is pronounce as her husband. 

They have been dating for the past 2 years and they are finally married. 

Kyuhyun smiled as she saw Jessica and her husband smiling happily at each other and he know letting Jessica go was the right thing to do. She could finally find the right man for her and while Kyuhyun,...

he turned to look at the beautiful girl on the stage, beside Jessica; his wife; Im Yoona. They smiled at each other as their eyes met. They have married for 2 and a half years now and they already have 2 kids; one boy and one girl. 

"Dad, can I marry someone as beautiful as Jessica noona one day?" His son asked. Kyuhyun turned to his son and ruffled his hair. "Yes of course. You can get anyone you want cause you're handsome just like you're daddy," Kyuhyun said as he pinched his sons cheek. "Don't even joke," a voice was heard and Kyuhyun turned his head. It was Jessica and she stood behind him. They smiled at each other and gave each other a hug. Kyuhyun eyed Yoona but she was looking at them, smiling while puting both of her thumbs up. "Aww, I'm jealous," Cho Soohyun pouted. "Hello little boy. If only you were older I would marry you," Jessica said to the little boy as she squated down and rubbed his cheeks. Yoona went down from the podium and ran to them. 

"I want to be as pretty as aunty Sica when I grew up," Cho Kyuyoung said. 

"So you think your mom is ugly?" 

 

And everybody laughed. 

Yoona's POV 

Everything has been though but life has told us a lesson that to get the happiness we want is not easy. The road will be full of thorn and obstacles but in the end, everything is worth it. Just remember if it drifted away from you than it's not the right thing for you; same with person. You just gotta be patient and wait. But coming through all of this I forgot we were once just the young teenager finding our own way in this world.