A new dilemma

We are Enemies /Haitus/

[The next morning]

 

I cooked breakfast considering Haemi’s cooking skill. We were joking around here and there.

 

“So honestly love, what’s going on between you and Luhan?” She questioned. I didn’t want to tell her about my family issue so I shook my head.

 

“He’s helping me out with something… that’s it.” I told her. She eyed me curiously.

 

“You must trust him a lot to confide in him and not me,” She added. I stuck my tongue out at her as I went for my orange juice.

 

“He wants me to confide in him and well… he hasn’t given me any reason to be against that.” I replied. She shrugged.

 

“I want to think you have a crush on him.” She added. I ignored her comment and continued to eat. Soon my brother came down in another spiffy suit. We stared at him as he approached us.

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“You’ve got good fashion.” Haemi commented. I nodded agreeing.

 

“Hey I work for a big company I might as well look like it.” He stated. He grabbed a piece of toast and some coffee.

 

“So Shinwoo… do you mind if I walk to school? You made a huge commotion yesterday.” I told him. Shinwoo merely frowned at me.

 

“Who cares about other people? I want to take you to school.” He insisted, like a kid. I glared at him.

 

“C’mon just today…” I persisted. He eyed me curiously but nodded.

 

“Fine but this better not be some kind of stunt so you can spend more time with your boyfriend. Remember family comes first.” He scolded prematurely referring to Chanyeol. I glared at him more fiercely this time.

 

“Yah he’s not my boyfriend!” I exclaimed. He chuckled and put his hands up in defense.

 

“Fine fine… I’m going to go. Be safe, I’ll see you later.” He told me hugging me. I nodded and he zoomed out of the front door.

 

“So… don’t hate me for this, but your brother is hot!” Haemi exclaimed when my brother left. I rolled my eyes and shoved her.

 

“You need to stop Haemi…” I scolded leaving to grab my bag.

 

“It’s true!” She yelled. I rolled my eye and ignored her.

 

Slowly but surely we were walking to school. Nothing new, nothing amazing, just the usual.

 

“Jaeri!” A voice exclaimed. I turned and soon collided in to someone chest. I looked up to see Baekhyun.

 

“Uwa… if I knew you were going to turn around I would have stopped sooner.” He apologized. I chuckled and rubbed my nose.

 

“It’s okay,” I assured him. However, before Baekhyun could say anything else I was quickly pulled away from him.

 

“Jaeri I have great news!” Luhan explained, his expression was bright and hopeful.

 

“Really?” I answered, hopeful. I quickly remembered that this had to be news about the favor he was doing me.

 

Was Luhan really able to convince his parents that easily?

 

“Yep, I’ll tell you later. Meet me up before lunch and I’ll tell you everything!” He promised, smiling brightly at me.

 

Oh Luhan you tease. I was so excited because I thought he would tell me. Now, I have to wait until half of the school day is over.

 

“Fine I will wait until then.” I mumbled as he patted my head.

 

“Okay you two quit whispering over here.” Haemi back towards us, with a smirk on her face. I could already imagine all of the comments she was going to say about this.

 

“Yeah Lulu, why did you steal her away from me?” Baekhyun questioned, grabbing my wrist and pulling me close to him. I chuckled and urged everyone to keep walking.

 

“Guys at this rate we’ll never get to school.” I told them.

 

“It’s not our fault. What’s so important that Lulu had to pull you back to tell you?” Baekhyun investigated. Haemi quickly came and saved the day.

 

She probably didn’t even know she did it.

 

“Yah Bacon… it’s not our business. Plus, if they want to date without us knowing yet it’s cool.” She winked teasing us. I looked down at my feet feeling embarrassed.

 

My friends are such dorks. I can’t even…

 

“Bwo dating, JJ are you dating Lulu?” Baekhyun exclaimed. I put my hands up in defense.

 

“It was a joke Baekhyun,” Luhan commented, trying to take some of the heat off of me. However, Baekhyun wasn’t swayed he eyed us both carefully.

 

“Hm…I’ll believe you two just because you’re my friends, but there’s something fishy about you two.” Baekhyun concluded. I was just happy he was done investigating.

 

I thought things were going to cool down. I was wrong. As soon as I got to class Chanyeol was on my case.

 

“So baby girl how did you deal with your brother yesterday?” He questioned. I had him and Luhan for this class, but they called Luhan out of class for something. So I was stuck alone with Chanyeol.

 

Horrible. Terrible. Especially since I can’t quite figure out what Chanyeol is supposed to mean to me.

 

“Don’t call me baby girl. My brother swears that you’re my boyfriend and I’m trying to hide it from him.” I scolded him. He laughed wholeheartedly as if I told him a joke. All I could do was glare at him.

 

“I like your brother. He’s funny.” Chanyeol commented. I groaned and hit my head on my desk.

 

Gawd leave it up to Chanyeol to find a way to tease me where ever I am. That tall giant, I don’t know what to do with him.

 

“Shut up Chanyeol.” I muttered. Before he could say anything to me, Prince Luhan came to my rescue.

 

“So Jaeri… I want you to meet me up before lunch araso?” He demanded, with a smile plastered on his face. I chuckled but nodded.

 

I was in a good mood with Luhan. Something told me that whatever Luhan did, was going to work to my favor. I appreciated all the effort he put in for trying to keep me here.

 

“Meet you up before lunch? What are you two doing?” Chanyeol questioned, on the other side of me. He had witnessed the whole scene. Somehow I knew that he wasn’t just going to sit there and let me have a nice conversation with Luhan.

 

Luhan put a finger up to his lips. “It’s a secret.” He smirked at Chanyeol. Looking at the two I could feel electricity between the two. I didn’t like the tension the two had between them, but something wasn’t right between them.

 

“Well if that’s the case I need to talk to you after lunch.” Chanyeol demanded. I sighed and nodded.

 

“Araso…” I muttered. I already knew that today was going to be fairly interesting.

 

[Before Lunch]

 

I waited for Luhan. I was literally standing right out side of the cafeteria. I was curious as to what he had to say.

 

I bet his parents thought he was crazy. I mean most parents would think that was crazy.

 

“Jaeri,” his cheerful voice pulled me ought of my thoughts.

 

“Luhan! Okay what’s the news you want to give me?” I wondered. He smiled and sat down on a bench. He patted the spot next to him motioning me to sit.

 

Oh Luhan you tease… you must be doing this on purpose.

 

“So…” I asked, taking a seat next to him.

 

“Well, my parents said that they want to meet you. Supposedly they know your parents and my dad even worked with him before we transferred to China.” He stated. My eyes widened. Was my luck really that great?

 

“Are you serious?” I squeaked still not believing what he told me.

 

“Yep. They want to have dinner tomorrow.” He replied happily. Then out of impulse I pulled him in to a hug.

 

“Oh Luhan you’re an angel! I don’t know how I could ever repay you. Thank you!” I exclaimed, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. This could mean that I won’t have to leave. That would mean that I could stay here for the rest of my school year.

 

“Well… you could make me lunch? Or we could hang out more often. ” He suggested. I smiled and nodded.

 

“You got it!” I exclaimed going back for another hug.

 

“Ahem…” someone cleared their voice. We both looked up and saw our friends eyeing us curiously.

 

“What’s this?” Baekhyun questioned. All of there eyes seemed to be analyzing us, with the exception of Haemi who smiled with a mischievous expression on.

 

“Umm… I was thanking him for something.” I replied, hoping that Baekhyun would believe me. I honestly I didn’t care about Haemi’s or Chanyeol’s thoughts. I feared Baekhyun would get so curious that he would find out what is going on.

 

“Hm… you looked pretty grateful, too grateful if you ask me.” Chanyeol commented, he wore a stern expression. I glared at him.

 

“I am grateful!” I shot back.

 

So what if I was hugging Luhan. It wasn’t like I was kissing him or something.

 

“Look guys it’s no big deal.” Luhan defended, hoping to take some of the attention off of me.

 

“So first you guys have your own private little conversations on the way to school, and now you’re hugging outside of the cafeteria? Are you sure you two aren’t dating?” Baekhyun questioned.

 

All of them gazed at us curiously; however, Chanyeol seemed to be the most anxious for our answer.

 

“No, now lets go eat.” I assured everyone. Of course it wasn’t convincing enough for them, but they went along with it anyways.

 

I wonder what Chanyeol was going to tell me. He spent the whole lunch period staring at his food. He stabbed his rice repeatedly. The rest of us eyed him with fear.

 

I wonder what’s up with him?

 

There wasn’t much time for me to wonder. Once we were leaving he pulled me aside. His facial expression was stern.

 

“You’re going on a date with me this Friday night.” He demanded. Before I could say anything he walked away.

 

“b-but… I have plans.” I muttered to myself, watching him leave.

 

So what am I going to do about this?


So for everyone who didn't know this, I was out on vacation so I couldn't really update. ^^; Sorry guys... I was gone for 2 weeks or so. Anyways now I'm home meaning I will start updating again. ^^ I would like to thank all of you guys for being so patient with me. ^^ you guys are AWESOME... anyways I will reply to comments later on. I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ It was pretty lengthy but I doubt anyone is complaining ^^;.