Mixed emotions

We are Enemies /Haitus/

I did the usual morning ritual and walked out of my house getting ready for the first day of the week.

 

“JJ!~” a familiar feminine voice called. I turned and saw my best friend and neighbor, Haemi.

 

“Gah Haemi I thought you were going to be gone for another week!” I exclaimed hugging her. She chuckled lightly.

 

“Well my dad said missing school was bad and decided to send me home. How was school last week?” She questioned. I shrugged.

 

“Okay… I have some classes with Bacon and almost all of them with Chanyeol, unfortunately. Even though he’s been kind of nice lately, I think my luck is running thin. Oh and I made a new guy friend! His name is Luhan. He looks like a prince that came straight out of a manga.” I told her. Her eyes widened.

 

“You would be making guy friends.” She groaned. Then she smiled deviously at me. “This one makes me curious though. Since when do you call guys princes? This guy must be incredible!” She exclaimed. I couldn’t help but blush lightly.

 

“Yah you make it seem like I like him like that.” I answered, recognizing what she was referring to. She laughed as soon as she looked at my face.

 

“Still darling you’re so lucky! I mean you’re friends with a bunch of hot guys. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and now mysterious Luhan, just choose one and start being a normal girl for once.” She demanded. I sighed.

 

“Bacon is bacon, greasy and yummy but definitely not someone I consider my boyfriend. I barely consider Chanyeol and I acquaintances so that ship has sailed. As for Luhan, I don’t know him enough to date him. He’s sweet but I don’t know…” I drifted off. She ruffled my hair.

 

“Excuses, I mean what is the harm in dating any of them?” She questioned. I sighed I loved Haemi but times like these it was clear that she was just your average teenage girl, boy crazy, girly, keeping up with trends and pop bands were part of her job description.

 

“Forget it Haemi, let’s just go to school.” I told her. She smiled at me and let the topic slide.

 

Then like usual we ran in to Baekhyun and Chanyeol again.

 

“Uwa Haemi is back!” Baekhyun exclaimed, waving at her. She waved back and we all greeted each other.

 

“Uwa Chanyeol your curly hair is charming,” Haemi commented. Chanyeol grinned happily.

 

“Thanks, I’m starting to like it too so I let my sister curl it for me.” He told her. Unlike my relationship with Chanyeol, Haemi got along with him. I think she even has a small crush on him, but she probably wouldn’t admit it to me considering how we act towards one another.

 

“Well that’s all nice but how is my baby doing.” Baekhyun ignored him turning his attention towards me. I shrugged.

 

“I had to clean the mess that you guys made yesterday, but luckily Luhan came back after you guys left to help me.” I told him.

 

“Bwo?” Chanyeol questioned from beside me. I nodded.

 

“Yeah, just when I was about to wash the dishes he came back and helped me.” I told him recalling the moment.

 

Ring!

 

I went to the door bell and Luhan shot a wonderful smile at me.

 

“I thought you already left. What are you doing here?” I questioned him. He shrugged at me. He walked in casually.

 

“You know while walking home I realized, we cooked ate and left… Jaeri is going to have to wash the dishes by herself. So, I came back to help.” He told me. I felt a warm feeling surround me as he said that.

 

“Yah… you know you don’t have to do that right?” I assured him. He nodded in understanding.

 

“I don’t have to, but I want to.” He added with a smile. I poked his dimple lightly as we entered in to the kitchen.

 

“You surprise me Luhan… you’re different.” I commented as I the water to wash the dishes.

 

“I want to be someone you confide in.” He told me. My heart raced slightly as he said that. Someone to confide in? That would be nice.

 

“Why would he intentionally want to be alone with you?” Chanyeol questioned roughly. I shrugged.

 

“Because he’s sweet,” I answered quietly. Too bad Haemi heard me.

 

“Ouuu sounds like someone has a crush,” Haemi teased. I shoved her lightly.

 

“It’s not a crush!” I assured her.

 

“Not a crush yet!” Baekhyun exclaimed with a little concern on his face. I guess it was natural since I am his 'baby'.

 

“You guys go ahead I just remembered I need to do something,” Chanyeol told us. Haemi frowned.

 

“Are you sure Channie? We can wait if it won’t take long.” She told him. I don’t know why but hearing Haemi call Chanyeol Channie made my stomach churn slightly.

 

Psh… what do I care… we don’t even get along.

 

“Just go on. I’ll see you guys later.” He said, walking in a different direction.

 

I wonder what was so important.

 

[With Chanyeol]

 

I held my fists tightly, still trying to maintain my cool from what Jaeri told us. Luhan my best friend making a move on my girl!?

 

I took out my phone and sent him a message at the speed of light.

 

Meet me in the school courtyards

-Chanyeol


So many less comments T.T I'm sure everyone is taking finals or midterms depending on where you are from ^^; So its understandable. I really like how i wrote this chapter just because i think im starting to get comfortable with the story or maybe I feel i got more wheels turning this time around? Idk but anyways i hope you enjoy it as much as I have ^^;