Into My World

We are Enemies /Haitus/

That night was silent. I couldn’t imagine leaving my friends and this life. Sure I was lonely, but I’ve created relationships with people. I didn’t want all of that to disappear. Plus, if I went back with my brother it would be starting from zero. I would be lonely and friendless and that was something I didn’t want to deal with.

 

I went downstairs to grab a glass of water.

 

“Alright Jae, this is killing me. Give me something to work with here. I’m your brother and I have your back. So, give me something to convince mom and dad that you’ll be fine here.” He assured me. I smiled at his sincerity.

 

“Thanks Shinwoo,” I replied. He nodded and hugged me as I drank my water.

 

“I’ll take you to school tomorrow before I head down to the office, so wait up.” He demanded. I chuckled and nodded.

 

“ne…” I assured him. After drinking my water, I quietly made my way up to my room. I lied down in my bed and noticed my phone. I grabbed it thinking, maybe I should send Chanyeol a message.

 

Then I thought

 

Why am I thinking about sending Chanyeol a message? I’ve had Luhan’s number and never thought about sending him a message. Then I remembered, I was going to call Luhan today!

 

I quickly unlocked my phone and sent a message.

 

You awake? I’m so sorry I didn’t call you.

Certain things came up. I hope you understand.

 

After I sent it, I stared at my screen and wondered.

 

To message Chanyeol or not to message Chanyeol… that is the question. Then with out much thought I send him one too.

 

Umm… not that you care or anything but

Everything turned out fine with my brother

So… yeah… >.>

 

I pressed send before I could give it a second thought. I read it over a couple of times thinking about why I felt the need to tell Chanyeol anything. He was the one still tormenting me. He wants me to be his assistant and I’m only doing it not to hurt another friend.

 

The more I try to understand it myself it sounds like a twisted circle.

 

Urgh… how irritating. Then my phone went off interrupting my thoughts.

 

Chanyeol:

 

That’s nice. Well not that you care or

Anything but my sister really likes you.

She says I should date you. I told her

I don’t know if I can handle a shorty like you :P

 

I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

 

This jerk.

 

YAH! like I would ever date a giant like you!

Your sister has great judge in character!

How are you two even related? XP

 

I put my phone beside me on my bed and I attempted to sleep. The key word is attempt! I felt anticipation towards Chanyeol’s message. I wondered how he would respond. I didn’t want to admit it but I was waiting for his message.

 

Really Jaeri… why are you expecting so much out of Chanyeol? He’s still a jerk. I’m still his assistant. There’s not much to like about him anyways.

 

My mind slowly drifted off in to images of the tall young man. I recalled his smile.

 

I mean he smiles like a crazy fool. What’s so attractive about that?

 

My mind challenged me again. I remembered how he reached over me at the grocery story that one time.

 

So what he’s tall. Being tall isn’t so great.

 

Finally, I remembered when I ran in to Luhan and he unexpectedly hugged me. My heart started pounding oddly again. I put a hand to my chest just to reassure myself of what I was feeling.

 

Psh… He’s a flirt. So what? I bet he’s done that to tons of other girls before. I shouldn’t think too much of it.

 

The ring of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I squirmed for my phone. I smiled lightly seeing Chanyeol’s name light up.

 

Chanyeol:

You would be honored to date me :D

If I were you I wouldn’t take my sister’s

Side so much… you realize she’s really

Tricky! Anyways… I’m gonna go to sleep.

Catch you tomorrow short stuff ^^. Sleep

Well.

 

I couldn’t help the grin on my face.

 

Aish… Jaeri stop being ridiculous! This is a regular conversation between regular people. That’s nothing to smile about. Still I had to respond back.

 

You wish! Plus I’m not scared.

Your sister seems too nice to trick people

Anyways. ^^; So I should say sleep well too?

Sleep well jerk. Unfortunately I’ll see you

Tomorrow >.> Good night!

 

I turned off my phone and stared off on to the ceiling. I wanted to sleep, but for some reason my body seemed too awake to sleep. I closed my eyes but my phone beeped again.

 

 

Luhan:

 

Oh don’t worry about it! Actually

Do you mind if I call you now?
I can’t sleep…

 

I grinned.

 

Oh lovely Luhan…

 

Yeah sure! To be honest I can’t

Sleep either.

 

Seconds later my ringtone went off. I answered it quickly since I feared my brother would hear it and scold me.

 

“Annyong” I answered shyly. I was even surprised at how the tone of my voice came out.

 

“Annyong Jaeri,” I heard his voice reply. I felt odd comfort in his voice.

 

“How was your day?” I asked.

 

“Meh… so so. Yours? You said it was eventful.” He commented. I chuckled lightly.

 

“Ne! My brother came home. I didn’t know he was coming back! He surprised me.” I explained.

 

“Oh how nice! What a surprise! Did he come back with any news?” He questioned. I sighed and bit my lip. Was I really going to tell Luhan what was going on?

 

It was becoming increasingly clear that I needed someone to depend on. Somehow I feel I can trust him. Sure, I could always tell Baekhyun, but I always seem to bother him. I don’t want him to feel like I expect him to help me or our friendship is only for my benefit.

 

Normally, I would go to Haemi about these things. Lately, I realized maybe I should be careful around her. My trust with her has changed significantly. Luhan looks like a really good person to trust.

 

“Umm… did I touch a bad subject?” He questioned, since I took a long pause.

 

“Oh, well promise to keep this between you and me.” I insisted.

 

“I promise.” He assured me.

 

“My brother wants me to move back with him to the states. I mean, he’ll be back but my parents don’t want me to be alone here.” I told him, suddenly realizing that this was letting Luhan in to my world. He was going to understand that his initial suspicion of my loneliness was correct.

 

He was going to see the life I lived. Luhan was slowly becoming someone close and dear to me with out really trying.

 

“Wow… that’s pretty diffcult.” He replied. I bit my lip unconsciously.

 

“I don’t want to leave. Sure, I’ll be lonely here. At least here I have my friends. I don’t want to be alone in another country.” I confessed. It was silent for a bit.

 

“Don’t worry Jaeri. We’ll find a way.” He said. I smiled lightly.

 

“We? How sweet Luhan is going to help me.” I teased. I heard him chuckle.

 

“Of course, you can’t expect me to sit here and do nothing. I want to be someone you can depend on remember?” He reminded me. I smiled.

 

“Yeah…I remember.” I stated. Then I felt a bit of drowsiness come upon me. “Luhan,” I called.

 

“Ne?” he responded.

 

“I’m kinda sleepy.” I informed him. He hummed lightly in to the phone.

 

“Well, sleep.” He told me.  I giggled at what he said.

 

“What about you? I can’t leave you hanging here.” I stated.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be here…just sleep.” He whispered. I closed my eyes with my phone attached to my ears.

 

“Luhan…” I called again.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I hear you’re a great singer.” I commented with my eyes still closed.

 

“Who told you that?” He wondered. I smiled at myself.

 

“I heard it from the girls at school.” 

 

“Ah… I see. So…” he questioned.

 

“Sing to me… please.” I yawned. I heard him clear his voice some.

 

“Well, I don’t usually don’t do request but since it’s you I’ll sing.” He assured me. I grinned brightly. Soon, the tone of Luhan’s voice floated up to my ears. The gentle melody slowly but surely lulled me to sleep.

 

Man Luhan is a great singer…


So i put lots of thought in to this chapter ^^ i hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I put time in to writing it! i also want to thank everyone for supporting me! i realize that there is a good amount of you that read these chapter so thank you! you people are awesome! *Shoots love rays*