More than just a pretty boy

Contradicting, You and I

"Then, it's all good. What's important is how you view me right now. Correct?"  I thought my heartbeat went utterly fast and was having a malfunction.  I nodded, unable to form any words from coming out of my mouth. Thankfully, he didn't seem to notice and gave me the thumbs up instead. 

Silence enveloped us as we came back to the CRA (Class Representative Area) and I was convinced that there's an air of awkwardness between us. Sensing it, Chanyeol spoke up first. “Should I tell you a secret?” He grinned mischievously and gave me a wink as if telling me not to mention it to anyone. “Arasso, arasso.” I raised my right arm, pledging with all my will not to spread anything that he’d be blabbering. 

“Did you know that Baekhyun once begged an illegal woodcutter to stop cutting trees, saying we should protect the wildlife while actually tearing up in the process?”  I shook my head in disbelief. “Did you and Baekhyun fought?”  He got my idea and laughed. “Look, I am not making things up. Definitely not. Okay, here’s another one. Did you know, or did it even appear to you, that Kai actually is a gentle person?”  He was asking me the impossible. I faked a smile. “You are one heck of a story maker, Park Chanyeol.”  After forcing himself not to erupt in laughter, his eyes suddenly looked stern and in...pain..  "Kai is...a brother to me...yet I..."

It sounded too personal that I didn't push him to speak up any longer.  I just wanted to make the mood a little lighter so I patted his back and tried to sound lively. “Yo, Earth to Mr. Perfect! Hey, should I treat you some snacks?”  Giving me a weak smile, he mouthed the words, ‘Thanks but save that for next time,’ and went on his way leaving me all dumbfounded. Pondering on what just happened, I found myself staring out on the nearby window, in a daze. I am nothing close to perfect.  What was that all about? He was all giddy and happy and such earlier so why the sudden change of mood? I sighed in desperation. I wanted answers but none is coming my way.  “Yeol’s still feeling all guilty about what happened 3 years ago.”  I turned around in realization that the voice was talking to me and that he was actually referring to Chanyeol. Turning on my right side, I saw Kyungsoo, or D.O. to his circle of friends, leaning against the wall right beside the window, looking straight on nothing in particular.  “What happened 3 years ago?” I asked inquisitively, giving him my full attention. “The gang was invited for a vacation in Kris hyung’s family owned townhouse and all of us were given the opportunity to bring a love one with us. Being closest to his younger sister, Chanyeol brought her along. And don’t get us wrong, we’re a bunch of disastrous kids but we’d never do something horrible to a friend’s love one. She was really cute though," he paused for a moment and grabbed this opportunity to talk. 

“Okay, that was unnecessary.” I intervened, itching him to get along with the story, telling him to edit out pointless details such as his personal thoughts. “Right. Thing is, little Ji Eun was quite the adventurous kind of girl and was sneaky enough to get past Chanyeol while he was still busy fixing their stuff inside the room. Running outside the villa to get a better view of the forest; yes, near the villa stands a one hectare forest, she went on her way alone. Heard she was enjoying the view of the river there while throwing tiny rocks on it, trying to produce the bouncing effect as seen on tv. And that’s when Chanyeol realized his mistake. Scampering nervously outside the villa, he went shouting for his little sister’s name and the gang joined him, more panicked than ever as the sun was almost setting. Chanyeol got bruises and cuts all over his body from tripping over fallen branches and getting stuck on some thorny bushes, but would not bother about it. He was more than determined to find his sister, mumbling ‘I can’t just lose her. No ing way,’ over and over again. I bet the pain of losing a sister was much more excruciating than the wounds all over him. Fortunately, Kai found her first and saved her from drowning in the raging river. Ji Eun was still breathing but still unconscious from the trauma. Chanyeol hugged her sister and fell on his knees weeping, thanking Kai in between sobs. She was alive, good, but no one paid much attention to Kai after that. Not that we ignored him. We were just too happy to even notice that he was in pain too. Later on, we found out that he acquired a leg injury from saving Ji Eun and that it can no longer be cured. Medicine can ease the pain but the wound would always be there, limiting his actions...or not. It doesn’t seem to bother him anyway. Kai is, and will always be, an awesome dancer. He proved that a long time ago. That’s not what Yeol thinks though. He still blames himself for what happened. Kai genuinely and clearly told him that it’s not his fault. The guilt of being an irresponsible brother and a negligent friend still haunts him now.”  Awards would come running after me, professors applauding me for being practically good with words but, I am seriously at loss right now. I just can't describe how down I'm feeling, both for Chanyeol and Kai. I stayed frozen on my spot, unable to react. 

I cleared my throat, struggling to say something. "Why...are you telling me this?"  He smiled.  "Maybe because I believe that you're more than just an acquaintance to Yeol. Besides, am just continuing Yeol's story. Point is, never judge people unless you've been on their shoes. Our gang was much more than pretty boys showing off."  I nodded. Who would've though that this squishy looking guy would make things clearer for me? That made enough sense. 

I grinned, putting both my arms on my waist. "So, you think you're a pretty boy too?" 

"Now, that's pretty harsh."  He faked a 'pained' expression. "Kidding. You're the cutest among them." Omo! My tongue moved on its own. I think am one step away from falling for this guy. Okay, that's a joke. He's just plain adorable. 

He chuckled and gave me one, sweet eye smile with those huge, anime-looking, eyes of him. I couldn't restrain myself and so I squeezed his cheeks, earning a little yelp from him before I get my out there and blush for eternity. 

 

CHAPTER FOUR's OUT! :D

First,  I used D.O. for a little explanation here mainly because I've been attached to him lately. LOL. He looks like a lost, little puppy roaming the streets of Korea, making all the pet owners want him and oh, I shall stop here. :))))

*That...that boy up there is ruining my bias list!!! :P

Anyway, watcha think of chappie four? Pitying Kai? Chanyeol? It's been obvious here that there's more to them than just good-looking boys,  ne? :"> This is close to ending too by the way, hope you enjoyed everything about this story. I must say that am lucky enough to gain 15 AFF-ers who seemed to like and appreciate this short fic. :) Thanks guys! Hope to hear more from you~~~ :3

 

mrsleejinki, YOUR boyfriend? Okay, that's a serious matter. LOL. This is will be over soon! Suho fic is coming your way! Please do anticipate it! ^^V 

leftright78, HAHAHA! Yea. He was so dorky and adorable you wouldn't think he's THAT tall! And his VOICE too! It's sooo......../dies/ LOL. Yeol's cute the way he is. :"3 Oh, and I've seen your friend's fic! Looks interesting, so I subscribed! ;D Heard you helped in there too. Awesome friend you are. ^^V

MinsCoffeeFriend, HAHA! Yea. Chanyeol and his CLEVER sayings. :)))) Lol. I must agree with you. That hair of his looks like its been waiting for a bird and lay eggs on it. XD  

FishyMyeolchi, You EunHae ! XD Chanyeol's mine! Lol. I meant, Sooyoung's! :))))

Deewlici0us, No! 'Ya can't die yet! This fic's not done yet, you know! LOL. Thanks for commenting anyway! :D Am in EXO fics as well too. :3  A Bacon fic? Sure, why not? Post it up and let's see the author in you! ^^V I updated too! Hope you enjoyed this one!! ^^  

 

JEONGMAL KAMSAHAMNIDA!!

GODspeed c",)

 

/kazeryu23/